Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 78093 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2011, 07:24:33 PM »
^ wrong half of them are not obscure

It was an exaggeration

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 13, 2011, 07:50:51 PM »
You guys realize that saying "half the characters are obscure" is implying that "half the characters are not obscure," right? It's like:

A: "The glass is half-empty."

B: "Wrong. It's half-full."

A: "It was an exaggeration."

What the what??

Anyway, I'll probably end up buying this game just to play as Phoenix Wright. Goddammit.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 13, 2011, 07:58:54 PM »
You guys realize that saying "half the characters are obscure" is implying that "half the characters are not obscure," right? It's like:

A: "The glass is half-empty."

B: "Wrong. It's half-full."

A: "It was an exaggeration."

What the what??

Anyway, I'll probably end up buying this game just to play as Phoenix Wright. Goddammit.

I'm pretty sure that's not at all what he meant. What he probably meant to say was that MORE than half of them are not obscure. And that's when I said I was exaggerating. You get me?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2011, 09:02:06 PM »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2011, 10:01:17 PM »
Capcom apparently announced at the panel, HEROES VS HERALDS MODE.

Where like basically a Conquest Mode or whatever...but for Marvel...sounds like fun.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:26 PM »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2011, 11:24:10 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5850166/you-can-play-as-galactus-in-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3

Let this one soak in a second.
it is it's own mode not during versus

Nah, I know don't worry lol.  Though the hype of Galactus comebacks would've been pretty hype lol.

This would be a lot easier to dissect and crap if we were actually able to get a live blog or something, or a stream of the actual panels.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
CAPCOM
Akira
Anakaris
Astaroth
Batsu Ichimonji
Bishamon
Cyber Blue
Godot
Grandmaster
Hayato
Hideo Shimazu
Hunk
Jin Saotome
June
Kenji
Leon S. Kennedy
Roll
Ryu
Sasquatch

MARVEL
Abomination
Anti-Venom
Beast
Black Panther
Black Widow
Clea
Daken
Green Goblin
Howard The Duck
Hulkbuster Armor
Iceman
Juggernaut
Mephisto
Multiple Man
Nightcrawler
Scarlet Witch
Spider-Ham
Wasp

A list of the cards we're getting so far for HvH. 

Jin Saotome
Hayato
Ryu (I'm assuming it's BoF Ryu)
Anti-Venom
Black Panther
Juggernaut
Nightcrawler
Scarlet Witch

All of those shows Capcom just loves getting their troll on...hey wait a minute...

Leon S. Kennedy

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
i still cant get aroud the fact that theres grown ass men fantasizing bout playing games with gay ass grown ass muscular men wearing latex/spandex.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »
i still cant get aroud the fact that theres grown ass men fantasizing bout playing games with gay ass grown ass muscular men wearing latex/spandex.

And I still can't around the fact that we're still at a point in time where there's a homophobe running around thinking that calling something gay is actually a worthwhile insult, but hey, I guess that's what we need to keep guys like you around for.

Seriously, I never got the part where people find it more useful to shit on other games rather than promote and compliment their own.  Shows more insecurity than anything.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2011, 11:35:45 PM »
You fell for that troll bait , buddy.

In other news:

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2011, 11:44:19 PM »
ohyou.jpg

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:09 AM »
I get trolled easily, what can I say? 

Isn't it funny?  Initially, it seemed like SFxT was doing everything right and UMvC3 was doing it wrong by even existing and putting Nick and Rocky in the game.

Come to now, everyone is seemingly more and more disgusted with SFxT (though they still have a good amount of time to turn it around), and the hype for Phoenix Wright is surprisingly stunning.  The promotion for UMvC3 makes the ad campaign for SFxT look a bit wanting (though it does indeed have its moments, like its own Episode Trailers, and their System Direction trailers) mostly because the SFxT team seems too damn stubborn to put out good matchup videos.  With both MvC3 games, we got the character reveals showing off the bright spots of the characters, then immediately get at least 2 matchup videos showing off somewhat what they can do in a match.  This helps the hype for characters greatly, unlike in the other game where...we still don't even know what half the Tekken Characters can even do.

Idk, it just seems like Ono's teams still can't really find a sense of direction in what they want to do when it comes to SFxT while Niitsuma's team knows exactly what it needs to do (...for the most part, poor Hsien-Ko) for UMvC3.  I mean, SFxT has the bright spot of Online Training Mode, but that only helps so much.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 18, 2011, 04:34:58 AM »
Why is there so many RE reps? Four is kinda overkill, if you ask me.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 18, 2011, 05:15:20 AM »
Why is there so many RE reps? Four is kinda overkill, if you ask me.

Until the FG community really came back, for that lull, RE was Capcom's most recognizable franchise and the one that was actually doing something.  Megaman was dying down, SF obviously wasn't paying bills for near a decade, and DMC is a bit niche.  RE deserves every rep it got.

As a random casual 90% of the Capcom side and they probably don't realize they're Capcom characters outside of maybe Ryu, Akuma, Chun and Zero.  Ask them an RE character, and they'll know instantly.