Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77376 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #240 on: November 01, 2011, 03:05:57 AM »
tbh i much rather have chuck that frank

Well...Chris has a Chuck Color :D
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 01, 2011, 03:07:51 AM »

yeah and zero has a megaman x color thing is still isn't megaman and it still ain't chuck

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 01, 2011, 04:48:46 AM »

yeah and zero has a megaman x color thing is still isn't megaman and it still ain't chuck

And I'm happy that both things are the case.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 01, 2011, 04:47:54 PM »
I loled with rocky winquote against chris

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 01, 2011, 05:01:01 PM »

Makes me wonder what he'll do to Jill and Wesker.  I mean with Chris...wasn't his fault, he wasn't even IN Raccoon City during the incident.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 01, 2011, 05:19:24 PM »

Makes me wonder what he'll do to Jill and Wesker.  I mean with Chris...wasn't his fault, he wasn't even IN Raccoon City during the incident.

With Jill, he'll probably say the same thing. With Wesker, he should finish him off with that knife. Kudos to Capcom for making that hilarious connection. I would've forgotten about that.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #246 on: November 01, 2011, 06:33:23 PM »
Speaking of RE characters, I'm surprised Tofu didn't make the cut... He would've been a great assist, I think...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 01, 2011, 06:39:22 PM »
Speaking of RE characters, I'm surprised Tofu didn't make the cut... He would've been a great assist, I think...

Of course, everyone fears Tofu.

Speaking of RE...I wish Capcom would stop making RE:ORC look so interesting, though at least the Nemesis in UMvC3 now makes sense. 

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2011, 01:26:29 AM »
You know, I gave up on MvC3 early and was thinking of picking it up again and then I saw UMvC3. I decided to hold off until it came out and right now, it doesn't even seem like I will spend that much more time with UMvC3 than I did with MvC3. Why? Because so far the changes made to some the original cast just looks stupid on paper. Not to mention some of the changes made to the gameplay where some characters will basically see almost zero playtime.

I mean seriously....why in the blue hell is Sentinel getting yet another health nerf and Zero is getting buffed? why give Morrigan all those buffs if the no blocking after dashing in the air basically means she will be useless? Same with Chun Li. And not to mention that the HUD imo looks horrible compared to the original game.

Like I said, maybe I'll give it a try but I seriously doubt it will hold my attention far longer than MvC3 did.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2011, 01:47:37 AM »
Some of the changes are indeed mind boggling.  A decent amount of the low tier...didn't go anywhere higher.  Only one that really did was Cap who can be arguably mid-high now (he was on the cusp before, just couldn't get it to come together).

Zero does seem ridiculous but remember this...he'll still die insanely quick, and he did lose a little without the Hard Knockdown Buster.  He's buffed, but he's still more mixup based than anything.

My thing is, I think people are overreacting to things.  People are going crazy on the Wesker Sunglasses thing...then forget what we learned a MONTH ago when SKill said that Wesker gets his glasses back on tag outs and from using Phantom Dance.  Add to the fact that he won't get full combos from Rhino Charge anymore and he's weakened enough considering the health losses and the fact he was never that damaging outside of X-Factor or Lost in Nightmares combos anyway.

Add in the lack of meter building, X-Factor changes, and all these different changes and you can't think of UMvC3 the same way as the old game.  Now will it hold your attention, who the hell knows, I honestly couldn't care less and I doubt Capcom does either as long as you buy their game, but shit could be a LOT worse.

Every game deserves a chance.  Just don't make the HUD an actual factor into whether you care about the game or not.  People are making WAY too much of a big deal about it, after a week people will stop even caring.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 02, 2011, 01:57:13 AM »
I didn't say the HUd will be a determining factor, I just said that it looks horrible. Looks like something out of Mugen. And I have no idea what the Wesker Sunglasses thing is cause to tell the truth, I quit paying attention to the majority of the gaming community a long time ago about what bothers them. I still laugh at people saying they won't play Sonic 4 do to the running animation. And then people wonder why the gaming community is looked down upon.

I'm not saying the game will be horrible, I'm just saying that the changes done to it make no sense. I will still play it but it will not be a game I will shell $40 for. It's right now a Gamefly rent for me anyways. I'm saving my money for MW3 and KOF13. 

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 02, 2011, 02:02:51 AM »
I didn't say the HUd will be a determining factor, I just said that it looks horrible. Looks like something out of Mugen. And I have no idea what the Wesker Sunglasses thing is cause to tell the truth, I quit paying attention to the majority of the gaming community a long time ago about what bothers them. I still laugh at people saying they won't play Sonic 4 do to the running animation. And then people wonder why the gaming community is looked down upon.

I'm not saying the game will be horrible, I'm just saying that the changes done to it make no sense. I will still play it but it will not be a game I will shell $40 for. It's right now a Gamefly rent for me anyways. I'm saving my money for MW3 and KOF13. 

There's plenty of reasons not to buy Sonic 4 lol.  But I wouldn't dare compare Sonic fans to any other fans because that's a trek you do not want to take.  Shit's ugly.  Only other fans that seem close are RE fans.

And some the changes don't make sense, but a lot of shit can look bad and then play out good.  And to be personally honest, I and I think a majority of people, don't really give a damn if you buy the game or not.  That's your decision, but unless someone asks you personally, it looks extremely egotistical when you say that without provocation from someone else.

Lastly, and I don't wanna be THAT guy but...you complain about the changes in UMvC3...yet save your money for MW3?

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 02, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »
There's plenty of reasons not to buy Sonic 4 lol.  But I wouldn't dare compare Sonic fans to any other fans because that's a trek you do not want to take.  Shit's ugly.  Only other fans that seem close are RE fans.

And some the changes don't make sense, but a lot of shit can look bad and then play out good.  And to be personally honest, I and I think a majority of people, don't really give a damn if you buy the game or not.  That's your decision, but unless someone asks you personally, it looks extremely egotistical when you say that without provocation from someone else.

Lastly, and I don't wanna be THAT guy but...you complain about the changes in UMvC3...yet save your money for MW3?

Well I haven't played Sonic 4 yet. I would have bought it when it went on sale last time but I didn't have the time to get to it.

As for the changes made to UMvC3, like I said, right now I just think they are stupid and look foolish on paper. I'll let the pros of that game pretty much let the game flesh out. Afterall, everyone bitched and complained about MvC3 and the game has shown it is way better than what we saw when it first came out. Same as MK9. But I think it's just me making an observation that people will love that game even more once someone like Yipes wins. Just to see one of their favorite MvC2 players besides JWong to win a major in that game.

And btw, I don't think I ever said people need to care if I buy the game or not. Afterall, the topic title does ask if you are getting it or not. Not a buy, but a rental for now.

As for your comment on MW3? Yeah I'm getting that game. There is this weird perception that the Call of Duty games are horrible. But I'm sure it's due to the fact that everyone seems to have a hard on for hating anything associated with Call of Duty these days. Kinda like everything associated with Final Fantasy was during the PS1 days.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 02, 2011, 02:19:03 AM »
Except I'm not the usual hater on the CoD series.  My comment wasn't about that the series is horrible and that UMvC3 is better.  My comment was that you were questioning the changes in UMvC3 yet are buying a game that arguably has just as many questionable changes.  Not to mention the half-truths (We have a nuke, we don't have a nuke, my bad we do have a nuke...aargh!).  So annoying.

And yeah, honestly, I never noticed the topic title until now lol.  Yeah, that's on me, my bad.  I'm used to people just throwing that in without getting asked and it always annoyed me, I just picked a bad time to jump.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 02, 2011, 02:43:05 AM »
The reason why I don't mind the changes in MW3 is because I preferred the modern weapons in MW2 compared to the boring weapons found in Black Ops. I just felt that each gun in BO felt the same and the only thing different about them was class they fell in. Also, the majority of the multiplayer maps were flat out boring to tell the truth.

I'm not one of those people who can play the game for hours like others do. I pretty much play the game casually yet still play it with pretty much people I only know. And that's because we fully understand what teamwork is unlike the ton of single Rambos you find online because they need to see a different prestige icon next to their name.

As for the changes to UMvC3, I think there is too much of a difference not only in genre but just the fact that Capcom is already taking a game we know and adjusting some of the things the masses found annoying in MvC3. It's not as if they are completely re-imagining the entire game.