Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77384 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2011, 01:24:29 AM »
Yep, is really annoying the pdating player data
I bought the ga,e, without expecting to buy KOF XIII the next day, nothing special really, I'm considering on sell it already

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 19, 2011, 01:30:38 AM »
Here's my philosophy.  If there's EVER a thought in your mind about selling something back you bought, even if it's a slight thought, just do it. 
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2011, 11:47:45 PM »
Here are the artworks of all the cards of Heroes and Heralds mode.

http://shoryuken.com/2011/11/19/heroes-and-heralds-cards-ripped-from-umvc3-disc/

I've heard (and i am too lazy to check) that the characters appearing in a card, won't be playable in the game. So go look if your favourite character still has that little chances to be DLC.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2011, 11:58:03 PM »
Well we don't know what character DLC will have in the future, but as of now, no H&H card is currently a playable character.

Also, both Classic Megaman and Megaman X are cards.  May the trolling continue!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2011, 12:31:20 AM »
 i would've bought ultimate if they put the juggernaut in the game...
my old mvc2 team of strider, juggernaut, and akuma would be complete.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2011, 01:44:34 AM »
Here's my philosophy.  If there's EVER a thought in your mind about selling something back you bought, even if it's a slight thought, just do it.  

This

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2011, 01:52:54 AM »
Of course, I'm a bit of a packrat, so it tends to cross my mind less, so maybe that's why it works for me so well lol.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2011, 01:16:30 AM »
So I went and traded in a ton of old games I don't play anymore and got this game. I really don't know what to think of it yet but like MvC3, I'm just having a hard time getting into it. I'm not trying to play it like MvC2 nor MvC1(my favorite of the vs series) but there's just something about the game that is not clicking with me.

Truth be told, I wanted to play the game mainly cause I'm a Nova fan after reading the Annihilation series about 2 years back and just wanted to try him out. Had to team him up with Super Skrull and Rocket Racoon just to stay in canon somewhat. Yeah, I'm a big fan of teaming up appropriate characters in games like this.

As for the game, I just feel that some of the changes were unwarranted. They honestly should have just added all the new characters to MvC3 and called it a day.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2011, 01:55:34 AM »
I played Ultimate at my friends place, and compared to vanilla I have to say I'm not impressed. None of the "balance changes" made are clear or noticeable(except for maybe Amaterasu's frame reduction). This updated version feels just as broken as it's predecessor, if not more, and most of the new characters haven't been adjusted well at all with the originals. But perhaps if I played it some more, I can find some things about it worthwhile, and would bother considering getting it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:59:10 AM by nightmoves »

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!
« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2011, 08:25:52 PM »
just got this game recently and all i can say is that vergil is the new dante but better. i like how not that many people play with dante now(my main) but virgil is annoyingly good and level 3xfactor+strider oroburos=INSTANCE KILL! i miss rekka dante.
Utah's Legendary Fighting Sprite!
Gtag: comingfat D

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2011, 01:39:10 AM »
Vergil's not a better Dante, I wish people would stop saying that.  Dante's still the better twin, Vergil just seems better at the moment because he's a lot easier to use and most Dante mains have to relearn new combos and timings due to his tweaks.

Vergil has insanely laggy normals, and while he can make himself somewhat safe on block with teleports or I think Rising Sun into Teleport (think that's like...-3, -4?), if he whiffs a big normal, he's screwed.  Dante doesn't have it as bad.

Vergil's a good character, a very good character, but I think people are riding him a BIT much right now.  I think the old guard of Top Tiers are still the bigger threat right now along with Spencer and Firebrand.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Waifu Material

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 02, 2011, 10:30:34 PM »
Wow, that's a pretty low number for a Capcom release and considering it was $20 less than the average PS3/360 game.

Capcom released Ultimate way too soon, not even a whole year since vanilla was released.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 03, 2011, 01:15:17 AM »
While it would not surprise me if it didn't do that well, yet again, like with the success of KOFXIII reported...LOLVGCHARTZ.

Seriously...VGChartz.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.