Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)

Started by jinxhand, February 08, 2011, 05:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinxhand

I know this game is quite old, but I was wondering if any of you guys here ever (or still) play this game??? And if so, what are (were) your thoughts about the game???
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Louiscipher2501

Broken but fun. That about sums it up. Plus I liked that Firebrand from Gargoyles Quest was the Capcom end boss.

jinxhand

Quote from: Louiscipher2501 on February 08, 2011, 05:51:57 PM
Broken but fun. That about sums it up. Plus I liked that Firebrand from Gargoyles Quest was the Capcom end boss.

I thought it was the gargoyle from Ghouls and Goblins... Nevermind, he's the same guy...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

solidshark

Still play the game from time to time. Had a few issues, but most of what I enjoyed about it was the dialogs between fighters, playing with the Dan Capcom never gave me before, plus a few other characters I really enjoyed like Kasumi, Kim, Sagat, Balrog, even Chun-Li.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

Dark Geese

Yes I play it and the game is better balanced at a high level of play than people would like to believe! No it's not just about Zero and Geese!

marchefelix

Quote from: Dark Geese on February 09, 2011, 02:26:30 AM
Yes I play it and the game is better balanced at a high level of play than people would like to believe! No it's not just about Zero and Geese!

To be honest, I never saw what was so broken about it...

Louiscipher2501

Quite a few characters have infinites, there's quite a few bugs that prevent it from being played on GGPO/Supercade. Again, it's not so bad that it's on par with Clayfighter or anything. It can be fun sometimes. I'd compare to Jackie Chan's Fists of Fire. Really odd looking, simple controls, broken, but fun as hell.

jinxhand

I was glad to see Riot Ken and not Evil Ryu... I also liked how diverse the roster was... Plus Guile's sonic booms were better in this game imo...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

marchefelix

Quote from: jinxhand on February 09, 2011, 05:37:17 PM
I was glad to see Riot Ken and not Evil Ryu... I also liked how diverse the roster was... Plus Guile's sonic booms were better in this game imo...

Isn't he called "Violent Ken" and not "Riot Ken"?

jinxhand

Quote from: marchefelix on February 09, 2011, 07:05:52 PM
Quote from: jinxhand on February 09, 2011, 05:37:17 PM

Isn't he called "Violent Ken" and not "Riot Ken"?

Yeah I'm thinking mugen for some reason...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Custle

SVC Chaos was my first SNK fighter. I loved it so much, but unfortunately I had to sell it.

I was having so great time playing it. Pre-battle dialogues were funny and Dan was actually good character in this game. Actually, I enjoyed it more than CvS2.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

sibarraz

Is a guilty pleasure, I played it from time to time, but there's something wrong with the hitboxes that I could never take the game seriously

The game feels very odd

Waifu Material

Delta

I agree the game feels weird, and i still liked it.

But even then i hated some of the character choices like too many shotos.
My favorite part was how SNK (Playmore?) made Demitri, and good thing they didn't include Morrigan :)

jinxhand

Quote from: Delta on February 10, 2011, 09:28:27 PM
I agree the game feels weird, and i still liked it.

But even then i hated some of the character choices like too many shotos.
My favorite part was how SNK (Playmore?) made Demitri, and good thing they didn't include Morrigan :)

Yeah Demitri was my favorite hidden character... His combos were great, he had some ;dn ;df ;dn + ;a ;c setups, and you could tiger knee his air fireballs... Tabasa (Tessa) was a fun character to play as well...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.youtube.com/jinxhand