Author Topic: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)  (Read 40948 times)

Dark Geese

Re: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)
« Reply #75 on: August 02, 2011, 09:58:01 PM »
The system, the free for all with all bosses allowed, and the fact that the game was unpolished is what truly doomed SvC Chaos.

The fact that GCFS had damn near invincibility doomed the game in addition to the Level 3 MaxMode stuff you talk about and the there were many things that could have been toned down/taken out/fixed in the game (even the PS2 version which is SvC Chaos version 1.1).

I don't think anyone is going to agree Ken is better than Violent Ken for the moment unless I find some super broken or ridiculously damaging tactic with regular Ken that makes up for the options Violent Ken has.

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
GCFS has limited invincible frames on startup. It's a nice feature aside from the standard KOF-style "roll". You just need to choose your attacks when someone has plenty of meter to burn for GCFS then. Fierce and specials have big delay but try to stick to weak attacks since they recover faster and you can retaliate with a jump or something else as they burn their meter for GCFS.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »
I never understood why regular throws in this game used meter, and they seem to have no range. Only time I could ever connect with a throw is if I guard cancel front step'ed in someone's face and hit both buttons to throw, but then that is kind of a waste of a GDFS when you could do a super with invincibility frames or some shit.

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2011, 03:14:33 AM »
Yeah the throw range was kinda wonky in the game.. alot of throws wiff..
But one thing I did like is constantly mashing p+k to get a throw out of. desperation will wiff alot and you'll burn alot of meter. I kinda like that so people have to use the throws more properly and time them better.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2011, 03:45:51 AM »
So knowing what we know, regardless of region, can't we just "compile" this information, and simply make a strength chart based on that collected data??? I'm sure there are things that we know in this region versus some other region, but that's where threads like these come into play, where we from all regions come together to share knowledge about Violent Ken for example. It's not like one cat is writing up a tier list. Things like these involve community effort, and while it does take time and dedication (testing, actual match info, etc), it's one of those things that can truly be rewarding in the sense of knowing that 1 community of players broke each character down unraveling all the ins and outs and knowing pretty much the majority of the game (I say majority because there's still room for new discoveries within a game [i.e.- MvC2, SFEX2, 02UM, MoTW]).

This also doesn't mean that this non-region tier list can't change, which in this case, should very well change with the wealth of info shared; it might even evolve moreso than that of a region-based tier list. I take SF4AEOMGBBQ for instance. It's without a doubt that on any region or non-region tier list, its agreed that Yun is tops... Just on what he can do alone combo-wise, he's top (but beatable!!!). But I feel that the SF community goes by something that's less region based, and more based on matchups and what 'X' character can/can't do. I feel that's the best way to look at things, because quite honestly, a top tier player can make a low tier character look unbeatable, even with the worst of matchups. That doesn't mean that anyone can easily pick that said character up and crush in an instant. However, it just merely means that though this character is weak based on what he/she can/can't do, the player themselves put their skills toward winning with that character. That doesn't mean that character becomes top tier all of a sudden though. I feel like region tiers tend to put the player on the tier list and not the character themselves, but I digress...

I haven't played this game in months, and I'm planning on getting back into this, and a bunch of other games... Why is Red Arremer banned??? I know about Athena (oh mierda!!) but R.A., I don't remember him being so-- "banned tier"...

If a Universal Tier list is one in which for roughly 95% of places the same characters would be in the same Tier List, then

The Universal Tier List would look like this then:

SSS:

Shin Akuma, Red Arremer, Goddess Athena

SS:
ROB Iori, Serious Mr. Karate

S: Zero, Geese

The rest  would be for debate.... and become Regionalized..

R.A. is stronger than Goddess Athena..G.A. has a lot of openings for punish...

As far as traditional SvC Chaos tournaments, it was a free for all...meaning everyone was legal..but that also led to the games premature doom early...

So with the SvC Revival, trying to add some structure back to things to encourage more diversity...

Graphically I don't like the game that much, the stages are cool, but some sprites are ugly as hell (athena and zero specially)

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
Yeah the throw range was kinda wonky in the game.. alot of throws wiff..
But one thing I did like is constantly mashing p+k to get a throw out of. desperation will wiff alot and you'll burn alot of meter. I kinda like that so people have to use the throws more properly and time them better.

I'm pretty sure that's why throwing cost meter. It didn't matter anyway, since it was ridiculously easy to build meter back up. Constantly getting Maximum mode wasn't hard either. I do wish that SNK modified the meter system or just simply stuck with the 2002 meter system. I guess the system had to be dumb down since you can't really "shoto" in KOF, but it would be funny to say that SvC was the only game you could do that in.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2011, 10:46:49 PM »
Is it just me, or is it difficult to get meter with Akuma/Shin Akuma?

They seem to build meter kinda slow.

Violent Geese

• New Challenger
  • tu miedo es mi disfraz
    • View Profile
    • Violent Geese channel
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2011, 04:16:03 AM »
Im a big fan of SvC at the beginning i play with violent Ken and i mastered, but then i tried Geese and changed all my type of game, at the beginning was dificult but later was so easy and now i keep playing with him i can say that Geese is THE badass of this game

Dark Geese

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 02:08:46 PM »

Not necessarily..if you play him the way I play him it's pretty easy to build meter.

Geese Tower 8-20-11 SvC Chaos Cas: Dark Geese vs. MTMadMan

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 12:38:33 AM »

Not necessarily..if you play him the way I play him it's pretty easy to build meter.

Geese Tower 8-20-11 SvC Chaos Cas: Dark Geese vs. MTMadMan

What I was saying is that they seem to gain meter slower than anyone else in the game.

And the way you play, you can get meter quickly with anyone! I can't play like you!  :(

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2011, 01:07:33 AM »
Getting meter in this game is too easy with any character imo. Once you get max mode, so long you don't spend any meter after it's off, lol, back to max mode again.

I swear this is like the one game where you get a never ending supply of meter.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2011, 10:50:44 AM »
I've been having an urge to play this again with people. Is there a save state anyone has on GGPO? I'd like to try having a go at it again.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:48 PM »
I've been having an urge to play this again with people. Is there a save state anyone has on GGPO? I'd like to try having a go at it again.

I've actually been wondering the same thing... I saw some matches over the weekend, and it got me hyped actually...

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:54 PM »
I think I might have something that could work for SvC Chaos on GGPO. If you want to test it out just pm me.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

photon_shermie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2012, 03:24:11 AM »
casuals from here, updated with stuff until Sep-Nov 2011

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2829F9992C3332EE&feature=mh_lolz

This playlist got sent to me too-
http://www.youtube.com/user/lobodelaire777#g/u
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:30:11 AM by photon_shermie »