Author Topic: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)  (Read 40929 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: SNK vs Capcom Chaos (SvC)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2011, 07:23:23 PM »
The choice of SamSho characters was a little weird, though...

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 09:29:59 AM »
I remember when the game first came out I was still in the military and in China. It was getting a lot of play at that time. Game was pretty fun for what it had to offer. Probably not the most balanced fighter but still fun.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 04:15:58 AM »
I think other than a Chinese KOF'95 arcade cabinet, the SVC cabinet at Pinball Pete's (UofM Ann Arbor) was the most time I ever spent of an SNK machine. If only I was more used to a stick back then, I could've beat so many people. Of course this was before SFIV created crowds, but would've been and still was great times.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 03:18:15 AM »

Per se the choice of lots of characters was random as hell, between the mars people, choi, kasumi, then you had zero, red arremer, tessa, hugo (I was expecting other character from 33), DIMITRI (takes some big balls to not put morrigan and put the real protagonist here) all the sam sho characters instead of the more known nakoruru and haohmaru, the game needed some last blade tough, and maybe K', I always found odd that k' never made it considering that he was already the protagonist at the time that CVS1 and CVS2 was released, and was an established characther by 2004 on SVC

This roster was so random, but I love it

btw, I loved the random pairing of hugo and bao

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 04:42:53 AM »
I think SNK decided to put characters in this game that always play second fiddle in other games... I'm glad Genjyuro, Demitri, Zero, Earthquake, Choi, and some other characters were put in the game... Mars People was one of the best additions imo, since they beefed him up in NGBC, and he was a good counter to Dhalsim...

It would've been great to see Donovan, Setsuna, Zazzie (FHD), Rick Strowd, Akira (Project Justice), Chairperson (Project Justice), Cyber Akuma, and Saizo (Breakers Revenge) in this game... The graphics were gritty and they used lighting tricks for a 2d game...

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 05:03:51 AM »

Per se the choice of lots of characters was random as hell, between the mars people, choi, kasumi, then you had zero, red arremer, tessa, hugo (I was expecting other character from 33), DIMITRI (takes some big balls to not put morrigan and put the real protagonist here) all the sam sho characters instead of the more known nakoruru and haohmaru, the game needed some last blade tough, and maybe K', I always found odd that k' never made it considering that he was already the protagonist at the time that CVS1 and CVS2 was released, and was an established characther by 2004 on SVC

Dimitri was a ballsy move, but a necessary one (as lots of people from CvS couldn't stand Morrigan). I'm really glad SNK reached for fighters Capcom hadn't touched in years, created slightly new ones (Violent Ken - friggin' awesome), even made Dan Hibiki more useful with some Koryugen figthing moves.

And Hugo with Bao was random as hell, but funny.
After picking the game up after a year, I remember the dialogs and endings (endings you had to work to earn) were why I loved this game. Ryu calling Mai's outfit a halloween costume, anyone versus Mars People; good stuff.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 07:39:44 PM »
also, the game already felt heavily shoto, putting other fits of characters was cool even though I hate violent ken

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »

So that was really Hugo and Bao...

I thought it was someone else that looked like Bao.

Now that only makes me wonder what the hell was Bao doing with them in the first place...

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 04:42:37 AM »
Now that only makes me wonder what the hell was Bao doing with them in the first place...

Maybe Bao needed a mountain as a friend/jungle gym...

Maybe Hugo thought Bao was a cat...

who knows
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »
Bao's a fan of Andre the Giant, whom Hugo is based on...or at least that's what I heard.

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:17 AM »
Ahh the good o times l remember winning weekys at my arcade the game was broke as hell but fun too :D
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 05:54:23 PM »
Probably played this the most on my MVS then any other MVS game. Used to hate the game but learned to love it after spending so much time on it. Such a unforgiving game for new fans to get into.

I always did wonder why Supercade and GGPO did not include this in their list of games. Didn't know there could be that bad of bugs in there that could screw it up so bad compared to a lot of the older titles Supercade has in their lineup.

Heck I still remember the Guile handcuff glitch from SF2 that we would have to get the manager to reset the game for.

Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »
Yeah I always wondered why this game wasn't on GGPO... It's not a heavily glitched game I believe, plus some of SNK's versions of the Capcom characters were better (i.e. - Guile, Dan)...

It also seemed like this version of Boxer was somewhat translated over to SFIV in terms of giving him more than just a TAP, dash punch, dash uppercut and headbutt moves... He had more moves and better options in SvC than in ST, and CvS2...

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
Well when supercade was 2DF it did have it on there at first. Not sure why it got removed though. People could always do the gamesave trick to play what they want really on GGPO.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:13:18 AM by Nocturnal »
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »
I was so glad when the "hacked" version came out that allowed hidden character selection without the need of code inputs... I didn't mind the code input, but screwing it up while beating the clock and having to know more than one was too much... They should've been simply unlockable... I believe that same version fixed Geese's infinite also...