Author Topic: Arcana Heart 3 coming to the U.S.  (Read 21567 times)

krazykone123

Re: Arcana Heart 3 coming to the U.S.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 06:47:54 PM »
Anyone still play? US version been out for a bit and I'm looking for sparring buddies with a friend.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
i still play it, who do you use?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
I play (Akane/Cathy), but I tend to avoid online.
Old man/bad player

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2011, 10:19:07 PM »
good to see another akane user

krazykone123

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
i still play it, who do you use?

Check out my avatar! 

Why? you get good offline comp or something?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Pretty good offline comp, yeah.  Hakami lives about 15-20 minutes away from me and has a pretty nice Weiss, and there are 5 other players in a college town about 90 minutes away who've been meeting up with on Saturdays fairly often (think we went out there 4 times in the past 7 weekends, counting this one...though we didn't have enough setups for our usual tournament the last time and ended up mostly playing 2002UM *laughs* ), and they're all stronger players than either of us overall and play a decent variety of characters (though it seems like everyone aside from me and one other mains at least one of Weiss and Kamui, if not both *laughs* ).

Even if that wasn't the case, though, I just don't like playing fighters online in general.  Lag pisses me off too much to take it seriously.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:32:59 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 08:17:50 PM »
I just got this game...

I've played the original one, and skipped part 2 altogether, since I wasn't able to get it, and from what I heard, the port was garbage anyway.

I do like this game though. The timing seems a bit different, ultimately changing the speed of the game. There are moments in where things do get fast paced, its just not ST fast.

Haven't really dug into the game as much as I want to though, but I am glad Kamui, and Maori are still in it. I thought about picking up Kira, since I had fun practicing with her in part 1, and Petra simply because I'm naturally drawn towards (and naturally play well with) zoning and/or gunner/archer archetypes (I use Anonym, Noel, M.Gunner, Mars People, Mudman, and several other similar characters from their respective games).

I do hope to get some online (and offline) matches in eventually, but I'm still re-learning the game all over again...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 11:47:52 PM »
I just got this game...

I've played the original one, and skipped part 2 altogether, since I wasn't able to get it, and from what I heard, the port was garbage anyway.

I do like this game though. The timing seems a bit different, ultimately changing the speed of the game. There are moments in where things do get fast paced, its just not ST fast.

Haven't really dug into the game as much as I want to though, but I am glad Kamui, and Maori are still in it. I thought about picking up Kira, since I had fun practicing with her in part 1, and Petra simply because I'm naturally drawn towards (and naturally play well with) zoning and/or gunner/archer archetypes (I use Anonym, Noel, M.Gunner, Mars People, Mudman, and several other similar characters from their respective games).

I do hope to get some online (and offline) matches in eventually, but I'm still re-learning the game all over again...
just send me a message if you ever what to play on psn dude

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 08:44:33 PM »
I just got this game...

just send me a message if you ever what to play on psn dude

Sure thing. I'll probably be on this weekend sometime... I'm starting to like Zenia's style, too...

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2011, 06:29:10 PM »
So, I finally got some online matches in, and I noticed that there's barely ANY Maori players at all... Yeah, she's a bit hard to play with at times vs some characters, but I did notice a Heart and Saki bandwagon though... I'm surprised no one I fought jumped on Weiss... Oh wait, one cat did, but that's when I switched over to Kamui, since she was my actual main in the first AH.

So far, I'm using Plant/Kamui, and Wind/Maori, but I might change to either Ice or Metal with Maori since I'm still trying to work out those "Mahvel" setups...

I like how when you look at the movelists for each character, not only does it show you how to do the move, but what it actually is and what its used for (i.e. - anti-air, projectile, etc). That's something that hasn't been done in any fighting game, unless there's a specific tutorial explaining a move and its properties.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »
I finally decided to pick this game out.Does anybody know a site for some good tutorials and basic stuff about the game.tnx in advance.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 07:31:10 PM by KBlackNoah »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 07:58:08 PM »
I finally decided to pick this game out.Does anybody know a site for some good tutorials and basic stuff about the game.tnx in advance.
http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 09:26:37 PM »
http://arcana.mizuumi.net/wiki/Main_Page

thanks ... one problem tho...what does this gibberish mean (i gues numbers are direction but..hjc, JA, EFC ...wtf...why is it so hard to just use D U L R, hcf hcb..etc)

example

Target Combos
(JE) (2A) 5C[hjc]JA JE[jc](JA) JE JB/623X
2A 2B [4]6A 236A+B
2A 2B [4]6A(2)[6HC] 5C [hjc] air
2A 2B 623A(1)[6HC] JE [land] 5C [hjc] air
JE (2A) 5C(2) 624C[EFC] 6D 5A 2C
2A 2B [4]6A(2) [EFC] (6D)[[2A 2B(1) 624A]x2] 2A 5A 2B 2C
This EFC combo works only with long EFC durations (Metal Mirror Halo Luck Fenrir etc)
j.B>j.C>6HC>j.E>land>5C>214AB (corner only)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:31:45 PM by KBlackNoah »

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 10:06:46 PM »
thanks ... one problem tho...what does this gibberish mean (i gues numbers are direction but..hjc, JA, EFC ...wtf...why is it so hard to just use D U L R, hcf hcb..etc)

If you don't know what EFC stands for, you aren't reading the wiki. EFC = Extend Force Cancel. Look through the glossary, system, and mechanics pages. Also, HomingCancel.com is a good resource and the main community for all things AH3 related. Though, the AH3 scene is mostly dead.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 10:34:12 PM »

If you don't know what EFC stands for, you aren't reading the wiki. EFC = Extend Force Cancel. Look through the glossary, system, and mechanics pages. Also, HomingCancel.com is a good resource and the main community for all things AH3 related. Though, the AH3 scene is mostly dead.

I wanted to take a quick look at the system combo and try some stuff to get a feel for the game and later to read the wiki in depth.I don t care if the scene is dead as long as i have fun with this game and until now this game is hella fun and has a lot of options ... i wasn't so much entertained by a fighting game for a long time.Sad tho that not so many people play it ... if a game is not dumbed down it's shit these days

ps: Eko is just sick.I am laughing in tears =))