Author Topic: microswitch fightpads  (Read 2913 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
microswitch fightpads
« on: February 16, 2011, 06:44:14 PM »
only thing that TRULY matters in my eyes is the durability of the microswitch d-pad. ive been through at least 7 neo cd pads from 94 to 2000 something that i still played on my cdz. this one has a different casing so dust from the outside wont be a bitch, but doesn't give off dust on the inside after clicking a certain amount of times? if the durability is truly better than a cdz pad (and it comes out on ps3) then i want 1 or even 2. microswitch dpad > arcade cab stick > arcade stick > sf pad & saturn pad > normal pads (ps3 > 360).

last thing worth noting, wf is up with putting start and select tugged away safely but having a big ass 360 button next to your attck buttons? dumb ass mistake.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Re: microswitch fightpads
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:27:07 AM »
only thing that TRULY matters in my eyes is the durability of the microswitch d-pad. ive been through at least 7 neo cd pads from 94 to 2000 something that i still played on my cdz. this one has a different casing so dust from the outside wont be a bitch, but doesn't give off dust on the inside after clicking a certain amount of times? if the durability is truly better than a cdz pad (and it comes out on ps3) then i want 1 or even 2. microswitch dpad > arcade cab stick > arcade stick > sf pad & saturn pad > normal pads (ps3 > 360).

last thing worth noting, wf is up with putting start and select tugged away safely but having a big ass 360 button next to your attck buttons? dumb ass mistake.

So you're saying durability matters most. You've been through SEVEN of those pads from 94-2000 and you think the newest one for PS3/PC is better than a stick? Well I dunno that requires a durability test to be honest. But a stick as far as durability goes will ALWAYS be superior. Its like a computer, if one part goes bad you can replace it. You can customize the entire stick in every which way you desire, and you can even have your own CASE built to your needs.  There's plenty of sticks out there that have been mashed on and beaten to high hell that still work today in arcade cabs etc. But I don't see too many pads that can take that kind of abuse every day and survive. If a pad goes bad you're pretty much sol where as I can easily replace everything in my stick and then some.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: microswitch fightpads
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 05:09:08 PM »
well i was talkingh about the new mvc3 microswitch pad, the one that looks different from the neo cd pad. the dpad looks more durable, because it has a casing over it that doesnt allow dust to get inside. but if the poarts inside wear and tear they might get dust in the inside and you wont even be able to see it. something like the analog buttons and how they wear and tear (if you got a console you should understand). but if theres no parts rubbing against each other than it might not even wear and tear that fast. if it had some sort of durabillety and comes for the ps3, i want 1 or 2 for sure. the only pads that are as good as sticks are microswitch pads imo, but its not worth it if they die asap.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!