Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139124 times)

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
ok understood ^^
j.D, s.D does combo you just have to do j.D late. But qcfx2+K seems to wiff after s.D, it is also possible to do j.D, s.D, dd+K but it will not super cancel to qcfx2+K

You have to do the jump D very very late, and even then, the stand D will miss against almost all crouching opponents. There's no point in trying this. Just go for close B or crouch A after landing.

but with B or c.A the dd+K will connect?O_O or u r saying that after B or c.A i can connect the dm?

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
Jump D, close B, hcb f+P
Jump D, crouch A, ball spin

Any combos with close D or crouch C will only come into play if you're punishing something with huge recovery time.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 02:00:04 PM »
Jump D, close B, hcb f+P
Jump D, crouch A, ball spin

Any combos with close D or crouch C will only come into play if you're punishing something with huge recovery time.

ah ok i already knew those combos ^^
thx for the infos

kaito

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 10:03:14 PM »
Hard to use, you must master the moon DM to be much of a threat though he does have some other abusable moves like qcb+B.
For the moon there is a lot of way to place it and not necessary in SuperCancel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpXisHpvV9A&feature=player_embedded

For the account (in french):  http://www.kofproject.fr/v4/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=500
And other lessons concerning KOF 2002: http://www.kofproject.fr/v4/forum/viewforum.php?f=50

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 07:24:40 AM »
In 2k2UM Tougeki, I can't consistently do Leona's BnB.

D(1), rdp+D, D(2), MAX, D(1), d~u+C, b~f+D>f+D xx V-Slasher

The problem is getting her Moon Slasher to come out after D(1). I'm not sure when I should input the Moon Slasher command. Doing it as fast a possible doesn't help all the time. It comes out fine after D(2) but then the opponent is too far for me to continue the combo unless in the corner.

krazykone123

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 04:15:50 AM »
The problem is getting her Moon Slasher to come out after D(1). I'm not sure when I should input the Moon Slasher command.

Immediately after the first hit

Doing it as fast a possible doesn't help all the time.

If you're tapping the moon slasher motion it won't come out, you have to press down otherwise the game won't read it

Anyway, does anyone know the name of player 1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkVSsq5FCU

thanks fiol
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:38:05 AM by krazykone123 »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2010, 11:16:13 AM »

Anyway, does anyone know the name of player 1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bkVSsq5FCU
土撥鼠 - Tu Bo Shu

phoenix

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2010, 01:55:41 PM »
Those who have checked the Wikipages of Kula and O. Yashiro will have noticed that I have been adding frame data for 2002 characters.

Now I have a question for you guys, would you guys like to see frame advantage added? Technically you can calculate this yourself, but it is less easy than simply 'seeing' it.

The reason why I'm asking, is because it's clearly not as important as it is in games like say, SF4 or Garou, where there is a heavy emphasis on links.

Sure, some characters have a weak > close C link, but the amount is really limited so it's not like anyone wouldn't know.

Besides that, knockback on moves is pretty substantial in 2k2, so that even moves that end on a terrible frame disadvantage can be quite safe, in that way showing frame-disadvantage might actually be counterproductive.

Besides that, it will be quite labor intensive. Although the rule pretty much is light attack does 11 frames of hitstun/9 frames of blockstun, CD attacks 21 frames of blockstun and Any other attack does 19 frames of hitstun/17 frames of blockstun. But there are some weird exceptions. For example K''s qcf+A seems to do 19 frames of blocktstun. Visually probably qcf+A does no hitstop to K', and 2 frames of hitstop to the blocking player + 17 frames of blockstun, but in effect that is essentially the same thing.

I am not sure why K' is an exception to that, so I won't be able to make educated guesses about other characters, so I'd have to check for frameadvantage manually every time.

So Frame advantages Yay or Nay? And be honest to yourself, of course it's always nice to have the frame advantage in a table, but it's a lot of work, are you really going to use it  in a way that you'd really need it?

krazykone123

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:35 AM »
So Frame advantages Yay or Nay? And be honest to yourself, of course it's always nice to have the frame advantage in a table, but it's a lot of work, are you really going to use it  in a way that you'd really need it?

Sure, but then again I don't want you to bust your ass for something not too many people here are going to use so it's really up to you

phoenix

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
I'll first just update the plain frame data, and later maybe add frame advantages.

On a related note: I put up Normal Yashiro's frame data.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2010, 06:23:20 PM »
Has KOF 2002 UM come out for XBLA yet I heard it was supposed to come out in Augest
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

krazykone123

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 04:15:13 AM »
Has KOF 2002 UM come out for XBLA yet I heard it was supposed to come out in Augest

It's not up yet, but it should be up before the end of October

phoenix

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
Updated the Mature wiki with her frame data.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »
Updated the Mature wiki with her frame data.

Where exactly is the wiki?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile