Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 140102 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 09, 2010, 09:34:31 PM »

Could you combo the max 2 of kim after an standing C like in this video in the tougeki/360 arcade version?

I'm asking because always than I try to combo this, the opponent is so far that the max 2 doesn't connect

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2010, 06:07:26 AM »
So yeah, I played with solid shark with a 240 ping, it was hard to play in a sense that I can't do a lot of thing for the lag, but whatever, those were very fun matches and I had nothing to complain really, he was the host but overall I didn't found an input delay that terrible, at least I won a lot of matches, I don't know how was his lag

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2010, 08:56:24 AM »
Yes that combo still works fine even though the combo counter resets when the HSDM connects. I don't know what you're doing to make it miss.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 10, 2010, 02:31:20 PM »
I don't know, when I do it the opponent is in hit stun animation and the unlockable never connects, it's the same with the rolling sphere of clark, maybe I should do it a bit earlier

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #214 on: November 10, 2010, 05:21:11 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/SNKPonXBLA?v=wall&filter=1

The netcode sucks, if you have a facebook page feel free to letter bomb it since everyone else is doing it

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 10, 2010, 06:13:26 PM »
How many are the chances, or better said, how much does it cost to change the netcode?

Is that easy? Man, after all the good feeback that got NGBC one could think that they would have already fixed 98UM and Garou, hell, XII received a patch after all the complaints from Ignition

The fact is, that everyday I'm sure stopped to give a crap for this game a long time ago, it was just a try to make some quick cash in the western market and that's it, after all the delays and the lol that was the launch of the game, you can assume that they just don't care that much

At least it seems that they were happy with sales on PS2 and the arcades, if SNKP really tried this launch as an important one, lots of thing wouldn't had happened, more if we think of all the time that they got with the delay that this game suffered, honestly, I'm not expecting anyting, but yeah, I just posted on the facebook page because I don't lost anything more than a few seconds, I don't know, maybe they will do something

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 10, 2010, 06:36:30 PM »
There's a decent chance of SNKP updating the netcode. 2K2UM is one of the most popular games in the series and is the only "current" KoF available on home console. It seems that the netcode used in NGBC is a newer version of the code used in 2002UM so it doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to change. There have been updates to other XBLA SNKP games so it should not be out of the question. I created a FB account strictly to comment on the netcode. It's the only blemish on this port.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #217 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:54 PM »
The news of the lackluster netcode got front page on SRK... There the link to SNK's facebook page is available also... It seems alot of people were really hyped for this game, while some still had that bad taste in their mouths from 98UM's bad netcode...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 10, 2010, 08:09:53 PM »
Does anyone know if NGBC's and 2002UM's netcodes were done in-house? Or did SNK outsource them? 

I ask because 98UM and Garou were apparently both handled by a Chinese company. And XII was done by a different Japanese company.

If they were done in-house, it would probably be much easier for SNK to improve it. But I don't know if SNK has ever programmed their own netcode.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2010, 09:29:37 AM »
i know this may have nothing to do with the current situation(but since we dont have a general chatting thread going ill say it anyway) but is there any reason why snk wont release game on psn? the most ive heard is rumors

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »
The delay itself is a give-away that 2k2UM is problematic. Plus, being released ahead of schedule in the end with bad netcode. Regardless, the netcode is sucky even in Japan according to MMcafe. I have a feeling this is an xbla port that was never meant to be. Plus, SNKP's indifferent respond is also very telling-"we have read all your comments..." that's pretty much it. They're not even trying to say that they'll work on the netcode just to shut us up.

Weird...but if I know SNKP, they'll come up with something totally unpredictable again.
Dude, Relax!

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 13, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »
2002UM or any other SNKP had no appeared in PSN is something that nobody knows

Rumours says that all is part of sony politics who don't like low res 2d games or games from ps2, unless they are incredible popular (mvc 2, mk2, etc)

Others says that devkits for ps3 are incredible expensive, but I don't know, SNKP should had one since XII was released for ps3

I think that is more a case that since almost all those games were released in the last 3 years for the ps2, Sony don't want to release them in PS3, but, like I said, all are rumours

Anyway, if I want to cancel Moon Slasher into Ground Saber which input should I use?

I though about db, uf + p, f + k?

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2010, 05:30:54 AM »
I've rearranged my team. I'm using Kensou, Iori, Terry, in that order. I've done pretty well with this team thus far. I need to work on Iori's rushdown game, specifically block strings and learn how to fight Heidern. That helicopter move is killing me.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2010, 06:06:05 AM »
2002UM or any other SNKP had no appeared in PSN is something that nobody knows

Rumours says that all is part of sony politics who don't like low res 2d games or games from ps2, unless they are incredible popular (mvc 2, mk2, etc)

Others says that devkits for ps3 are incredible expensive, but I don't know, SNKP should had one since XII was released for ps3

I think that is more a case that since almost all those games were released in the last 3 years for the ps2, Sony don't want to release them in PS3, but, like I said, all are rumours

Anyway, if I want to cancel Moon Slasher into Ground Saber which input should I use?

I though about db, uf + p, f + k?

It is true that the dev kits for ps3 are mroe difficult to work with than x360's... It was kinda in reverse during the ps2/xbox1 days, where microsoft's dev kits were more difficult to work with rather than ps2's, hence the plethora of games released for ps2... Microsoft has also opened up more in terms of allowing pretty much any type of game to be made for their systems... They've also struck a good chord with Japanese companies as well with this new system, as the first one wasn't so Japan-friendly...

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »
hay what happend to all the niko  chara tutoral vids that were in the 2k2 trend. most of them are gone now
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???