Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139058 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #390 on: October 05, 2011, 09:03:08 PM »
Just droppin' a note to say GG's to N4US ^_^ Chronicle our first time playing aganist each other in 2K2UM XBLA somewhere :) Connection felt pretty good, since we're on opposite ends of the US, especially!

Yeah I definitely have to admit that the netcode got better for 02UM... I've been playing a gangload of people from all over the states, and it's been great!!! I got caught is some BC combos, too...

Jumping back on Xbox Live soon...

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #391 on: October 05, 2011, 09:16:23 PM »
Just droppin' a note to say GG's to N4US ^_^ Chronicle our first time playing aganist each other in 2K2UM XBLA somewhere :) Connection felt pretty good, since we're on opposite ends of the US, especially!

Yeah I definitely have to admit that the netcode got better for 02UM... I've been playing a gangload of people from all over the states, and it's been great!!! I got caught is some BC combos, too...

Jumping back on Xbox Live soon...

Word up!!! Hit me up when you get a chance... I've been normally switching off between 02UM and NGBC... I'd eventually like to try FFS's netcode, too...

It's official, I'm definitely an EX Takuma to regular Takuma convert!!! Getting Takuma's 22A+B to HSDM to work while getting rushed down like crazy was too rewarding for me. That, and I'm starting to like those stupid projectiles now... I do wish both can be used on the same team though...

GGs to those I've been playing recently, btw...

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2011, 11:13:39 PM »
How is the ratio of game?

A guy from the west coast can play against someone from the east? northwest? midwest?

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2011, 11:47:25 PM »
I've given up the online play for this game, I've been fooled once too many times with that whole 'updated patch, the netcode is better' stuff. Then when I go online to test it, there is still input lag...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 05, 2011, 11:50:19 PM »
It's official, I'm definitely an EX Takuma to regular Takuma convert!!! Getting Takuma's 22A+B to HSDM to work while getting rushed down like crazy was too rewarding for me. That, and I'm starting to like those stupid projectiles now... I do wish both can be used on the same team though...

GGs to those I've been playing recently, btw...

My favorite regular Takuma blockstring is cl. C, f+b, qcf+BC. Although, it's two guages gone, it's a good way to end a match.

I've given up the online play for this game, I've been fooled once too many times with that whole 'updated patch, the netcode is better' stuff. Then when I go online to test it, there is still input lag...

Not much can be done here when no one plays the game and people who do play it , play it half ass or as dabblers for xiii.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:56:04 PM by AmedoS310 »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 06, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »
Yeah I just stick to playing KOF2002 on GGPO where the connection is hella better and there is better comp.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 06, 2011, 02:19:44 AM »

Do you forward your ports for your xbox like you do for ggpo??? I notice some people having problems with xbl, but once they forward those ports its golden for quite a few of their fighting games... Xbox has more ports to forward, but some are only for voice chat or whatever...

I just know if I can get caught with some not-so-easy BC combos (I'm thinking Nameless in particular), then something good happened to the netcode...

I feel your pain though, because for the longest I couldn't do simple crap with Billy Kane (and I think I can hit his BnBs consistently) to the point where I had to mod the combo for it to work online, but I noticed I was able to go right back to my original BnB once they patched it up a bit...

What's strange is that before I joined a room recently, the opponent's ping was at 3 bars (and it played like it), but as soon as I jumped in the room, that joint showed 1 bar, but again it didn't play like it at all...

My favorite regular Takuma blockstring is cl. C, f+b, qcf+BC. Although, it's two guages gone, it's a good way to end a match.

Yeah I'm gonna have to check that out... I noticed when I use OG Takuma I'm able to control the space better than with EX Takuma... Maybe its because of how those projectiles work...

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 13, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
I just played a few rounds on xbla for the second time since I downloaded it. The first time it was so laggy that I gave up on it on the spot. This time it seems like the input lag is killing me. I'm lucky to get out specials and combos I can just forget about. One guy OCVs me with Joe and is pulling off combos like it's easy and I can't even do an effin' power geyser. Is it possible for one person to have input lag and the other not to?

The guy had an x on his connection speed btw. I shouldn't have played him but I'm desperate for competition.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 13, 2011, 02:12:03 AM »
I just played a few rounds on xbla for the second time since I downloaded it. The first time it was so laggy that I gave up on it on the spot. This time it seems like the input lag is killing me. I'm lucky to get out specials and combos I can just forget about. One guy OCVs me with Joe and is pulling off combos like it's easy and I can't even do an effin' power geyser. Is it possible for one person to have input lag and the other not to?

The guy had an x on his connection speed btw. I shouldn't have played him but I'm desperate for competition.

What type of connection do you have, and do you forward your ports?

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 13, 2011, 02:15:33 AM »
Time Warner Cable and I'm in the process of port forwarding now.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 13, 2011, 03:48:14 AM »
Time Warner Cable and I'm in the process of port forwarding now.

Word!!! I used them when I was living in Hawaii... I'll post up the ports needed for xbl for those that don't know them.

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 1863 (UDP and TCP) - this one's for Kinect vid chat, so you might not need it...

I'll tell you this, the ping will still read 1 red bar, or you might still get the red "x", but the latency shouldn't be too bad... I'm in San Dog, and I've played people all up in the south, and back home in the east, and some Canadian cats, too, and the lag wasn't too bad... Dudes in LA, SF, and some parts of Mexico only give me about 2+ bars though...

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 13, 2011, 05:28:39 AM »
Port forwarding seems to have helped, but there is still massive input lag at the character select. Matches are running better though. Now I just need to get better with the stick I'm using. I'm used to playing the ps2 version and going from that pad to a stick is really making it hard for me.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2011, 12:22:28 AM »
So I'm watching these Master Class 02UM vids, and I noticed one of them showed some sort of crazy inputs on the screen... I see its the ps2 version, but then I come across the "Command" option on the 360 while I was practicing a few nights ago...

Anyway, how does this stuff work exactly??? Does it show actual frame data in terms of how many frames it takes to do something, or can it show that but also display how many frames you held a button(s)???

PhoeniX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:57 PM »
The command option lets you program macros frame by frame. It's really great if you want to do tool-assisted combo-videos, or if you want to train countering a certain setup that you can't do manually, you can program it with this.

it doesn't give any informationon framedata and such.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 26, 2011, 11:57:58 PM »
Yeah, command record is great. I use it all the time when I'm training. I use it to experiment with setups or block-strings I may use against the opponent (I set the opponent to all block or whatever I may need), then I use the command button configured on my arcade stick to playback what I have recorded. Then I use a pad to see if I can get out of it, or counter it, mash out, escape etc. I also use it to practice against certain setups or certain moves to see if they are safe on block or hit, what kind of property they are, how abuse-able they are if spammed etc. etc.

I don't really use the edit function that much, only to tighten up the input frames to make the dummy block sooner after a move, etc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 12:02:35 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »