Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139126 times)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:46 PM »
Why the hell would you delete the game? It's still great for practice and local play.

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2010, 10:55:34 PM »
My local competition would play on PS2, my local competition is a 45 minute drive from me, I suck at KOF in general now compared to maybe 5 years ago, I don't care to put time into this particular KOF game, I would have played just for Achievement Hunting but I don't think I could deal with having to play however many Ranked Matches in order to get 30 wins, I just don't care, I hate goofy online play styles that just bewilder me, I hate input delay, I could spend time playing other games I can at least pretend to enjoy compared to spending time on practice mode...

I could go on, but really, my high blood pressure just thanked me for deleting KOF 2K2 UM.

10:20PM CST Edit - I can't execute for squat on KOF anymore.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 05:19:26 AM by XTG »

Beelzemon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2010, 03:19:15 AM »
I just deleted the game.

Maybe it would be easier to put it on your twitter instead of making the exact same post here and on srk. 

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 05, 2010, 05:04:34 AM »
I just deleted the game.

Maybe it would be easier to put it on your twitter instead of making the exact same post here and on srk. 

No, it would take more work to get a Twitter account.

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
KOF 2K2UM XBL = Tougeki version?
« Reply #184 on: November 05, 2010, 05:08:00 AM »
Something I did notice in one of my online bouts. Goro's Super Tumble (;dn ;db ;bk ;d specifically) was not strike invulnerable. I think I was also thrown out of it once, too.

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 05, 2010, 05:21:23 AM »
My local competition would play on PS2, my local competition is a 45 minute drive from me, I suck at KOF in general now compared to maybe 5 years ago, I don't care to put time into this particular KOF game, I would have played just for Achievement Hunting but I don't think I could deal with having to play however many Ranked Matches in order to get 30 wins, I just don't care, I hate goofy online play styles that just bewilder me, I hate input delay, I could spend time playing other games I can at least pretend to enjoy compared to spending time on practice mode...

I could go on, but really, my high blood pressure just thanked me for deleting KOF 2K2 UM.
Thats really a shame l really don't have commuity down well use to know it overun with ssf4 but honesly this is a solid game you can always play offline. ps2 or xbox 360 what ever you prefer hell kof 98um and ngbc have not been touched but bought them to support snk and the scene . Iam with you on online its so easy if you host though :D
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 05, 2010, 05:30:59 AM »
I CAN play this offline...but I simply would rather a) play KOF 13 offline when it comes out because I do care about that, 2) watch ESPN on my XBOX, 3) play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (yes, a console FPS game) online since I do care about that. This is what happened with two scenes in Seattle. Seattle had a great ST scene up there then HDR slowly ruined it. So people played HDR for a bit then SF4 ruined that. So for about two years now I have been just left without a worthwhile scene to play with. I wish I were in Seattle again since I would have people to play KOF 2K2 UM, ST, KOF 98 UM, eventually KOF 13, and whatever else with people locally without as much of a travel strain as I feel here in Houston. Granted, I chose to not go to Oni-Con after being aware of it last Tuesday (so, basically, three days in advance) to play KOF 13 because I just simply resigned myself to play it on console. It is not like I can play KOF 13 consistently with it being three hours away, it being the KOF I want to care about due to it possibly being the last fighting game I play, whether at all or just seriously. Life in general has just killed a lot of my desire to be a serious fighting game player. Moving to Houston is almost the final nail in the coffin.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #187 on: November 05, 2010, 08:39:29 AM »
Other players range from 50ms to 150ms. Somehow my ping is reading 0ms. I've looked this up and I'm getting mixed messages as to what that 'ms' is or how important it is. Some have said the lower the better, some boast about having 100+ms. Can anyone explain this for me?

Your ping reads 0 MS beside your name, because that would be the speed of your connection with yourself. It'll always be 0, because you're not connecting to yourself via network.

Ping numbers show how many milliseconds (ms) it takes for a data packet to be shared between your system and the opponents. There are 1000 milliseconds in a second. The lower the ping, the less time it takes for stuff in your game and stuff in your opponents game to communicate and match up.

I didn't get a chance to play today myself, but I can mention that the art and screenshots for the game are up on XBL marketplace. The features still aren't exactly right thought... think it might just list leaderboards or such.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:41:00 AM by SAB-CA »

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 05, 2010, 06:13:18 PM »
Well, I redownloaded the game last night. Did some challenges and went into practice mode. I really like Kyo-1 in this game. I like Team Clone in general, but Kyo-1 pulls at my heartstrings.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 05, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
lol 100 people have downloaded the game so far and 500 only downloaded 98 UM. No wonder why SNKp does not give a shit about the netcode of XBLA ports.

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 05, 2010, 07:57:16 PM »
Anyone have any input on the quality of the images?  I have it for ps2 already and am curious if there is a difference.  Heard it mentioned that they used different animation sprites?  Something along those lines @.@;

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 05, 2010, 07:59:02 PM »
lol 100 people have downloaded the game so far and 500 only downloaded 98 UM. No wonder why SNKp does not give a shit about the netcode of XBLA ports.

I would be 501 or whatever number if they improved the netcode.

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
Got my ethernet cable today, and the online matches were still pretty terrible.  Kind of disappointing.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2010, 04:58:35 AM »
I've had good ones, even very good ones, with peeps around or below 100 ms. I had a dude at 60ms was pretty damn nice. Must have lived down the street from me or something. Although my homeboy about a 15 minute drive away from me always has a little lag if we play online it's weird. But so yeah, going to have to say, agree, and endorse, find peoples 100 ish MS to avoid input lags, and stop being pussy.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 05:13:12 AM by Nikolai VolKOF »

phoenix

« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:58 PM »
I've had good ones, even very good ones, with peeps around or below 100 ms. I had a dude at 60ms was pretty damn nice. Must have lived down the street from me or something. Although my homeboy about a 15 minute drive away from me always has a little lag if we play online it's weird. But so yeah, going to have to say, agree, and endorse, find peoples 100 ish MS to avoid input lags, and stop being pussy.

People are reporting being unable to do combos due to very noticable input lag with pings as low as 60ms. No measure of 'stop being a pussy' is going to make this game playable.