Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139118 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2010, 02:20:59 PM »
Anyone have any input on the quality of the images?  I have it for ps2 already and am curious if there is a difference.  Heard it mentioned that they used different animation sprites?  Something along those lines @.@;

What do you mean" Different animation sprites"? Like redrawn sprites, or new animation frames? I don't think there is any difference to the animation or sprites, nothing redrawn or special-processed like in NGBC.

The small character thumbnails and full on portraits also seem to be the same, lower-res artwork used before, and not redrawn, sharp pictures, like the ones see in the opening movie.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »
lol 100 people have downloaded the game so far and 500 only downloaded 98 UM. No wonder why SNKp does not give a shit about the netcode of XBLA ports.

How do you know those numbers?

I last I recall than in Japan 98 UM did slighty decent numbers, I know that there aren't that much xbox, but I highly doubt that 98 um only was downloaded 500 times

Waifu Material

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2010, 05:59:14 PM »
When you go to download a game in the A-Z list in brackets you can see the number of downloads so far. the top 1 has like 60k

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2010, 08:25:44 PM »
Those are how many guys has rated the game, not the amount of downloads

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2010, 03:59:38 AM »
I've had good ones, even very good ones, with peeps around or below 100 ms. I had a dude at 60ms was pretty damn nice. Must have lived down the street from me or something. Although my homeboy about a 15 minute drive away from me always has a little lag if we play online it's weird. But so yeah, going to have to say, agree, and endorse, find peoples 100 ish MS to avoid input lags, and stop being pussy.

People are reporting being unable to do combos due to very noticable input lag with pings as low as 60ms. No measure of 'stop being a pussy' is going to make this game playable.

This. The game is not playable at a level above "mash specials and normals" at anything higher than 30ms.

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2010, 06:14:17 AM »
Kinda makes it hard to take SNKP seriously when they say XIII's netcode will "kick ass."  So far, they're 0 for 2 on KOF games having good netcode.

phoenix

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2010, 05:02:19 PM »
I updated the 2k2 Wiki with a note on the throw invulnerability on wakeup. Originally it said 'about a second'. This 'second' is exactly 9 frames, tested it with Kyo and Kula, I'm pretty sure it will be the same with other chars. And I'd be surprised if the number is different in kof2k2UM. I could test it if anyone 'feels' like it's different.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2010, 06:29:26 PM »
Supposedly, this game was made before NGBC, and for the same team than 98UM, so yeah, I think that this doesn't have anything to do with XIII

The thing that makes you hard to take seriously SNKP is the fact is that after all the friggin delays they didn't tried to make any change to give us a better polished product, like the new netcode, add color edit and the gallery, and other silly stuff like that, even they could have tried to gave us HD stages like NGBC, game which also has color edit and galleries, there was a helluva of a diference between both games

Waifu Material

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2010, 10:24:28 PM »
It's hard to take any online fighting game seriously outside of using them for moderate practice and well, fun. Sad thing is, is now there seems to be an online epidemic of people refusing to play even at 100ms, people even boot at 80! And i'm pretty sure these are peeps from websites we all know well. Weak shit.

JPX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2010, 02:11:24 PM »
Hi there,

Hope it's the right place to ask and that I'm not interrupting the flow of the thread. Sorry too if I missed any notification.
Here goes: am I going slightly mad or have many of the 2K2UM characters threads been deleted in this forum?
I'm pretty sure I've seen more before, with links to great Niconico training videos (Leona for example). :(

Thanks !
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 02:13:24 PM by JPX »

phoenix

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2010, 03:24:47 PM »
Yeah they've sadly been lost, it's been fixed and wont happen again. I think Nilcam still has the threads archived though and is updating the wiki with the information.

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2010, 09:00:01 PM »
I like how this game is basically brand spanking new to most of the american scene and SNKP pretty much says fuck you with people and the netcode.

of course I haven't really had a problem with that against the few people I play against.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2010, 11:52:29 PM »
You know, it's brand new to me yes, but I'm still happy that I am actually getting a chance to play the damn thing. The netcode as ok as it is, is still not stopping me from using the game to practice up and see the many differences from OG2k2.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like nowadays the majority of games coming out are judge solely on how good the netcode is.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 09, 2010, 12:19:44 AM »
You know, it's brand new to me yes, but I'm still happy that I am actually getting a chance to play the damn thing. The netcode as ok as it is, is still not stopping me from using the game to practice up and see the many differences from OG2k2.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like nowadays the majority of games coming out are judge solely on how good the netcode is.

This

It has been a good purchase IMO

Waifu Material

Shin Oni

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2010, 03:25:18 AM »

considering how people are these days with online and gaming, it's sad but true.

I have no problem with the game though. The few people I do play online I have good connection with and is more than enough to satisfy me.