Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139064 times)

The Crimson Air

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:20 AM »
Wait so people are actually actively complaining about the netcoding? I must be a unique individual or something because ever since the second day the game has been out, I have had essentially no lag even when playing people in Japan or Mexico. In other words, 95% of my matches run perfectly smooth and I am able to do whatever combos or inputs I want. All I do is play people less than 200. They can have 180 and I don't care. Honestly, I could understand complaining about 98's netcoding or XII's netcoding, but is there seriously anything wrong with the netcoding in this game?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2010, 09:08:23 AM »
Wait so people are actually actively complaining about the netcoding? I must be a unique individual or something because ever since the second day the game has been out, I have had essentially no lag even when playing people in Japan or Mexico. In other words, 95% of my matches run perfectly smooth and I am able to do whatever combos or inputs I want. All I do is play people less than 200. They can have 180 and I don't care. Honestly, I could understand complaining about 98's netcoding or XII's netcoding, but is there seriously anything wrong with the netcoding in this game?
ive had plenty of good matches with my friends but when i play online most of the people im matched against are usually out of country and that gives me horrible lag everytime

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2010, 03:35:13 PM »

I agree, it isn't bad per se. It's just odd, I've had flawless (as in able to dish out MAX bypass) game with someone in Pakistan from my location is SE Asia...then I played against my buddy just an island away from me: horrible lagfest. This also kinda confirms the lag experienced by people in Japan, while in China I've heard it's just fine.
Dude, Relax!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2010, 02:43:23 AM »

I agree, it isn't bad per se. It's just odd, I've had flawless (as in able to dish out MAX bypass) game with someone in Pakistan from my location is SE Asia...then I played against my buddy just an island away from me: horrible lagfest. This also kinda confirms the lag experienced by people in Japan, while in China I've heard it's just fine.

Odd news. Possibly good news, yet odd news. Hopefully things like this mean it's fixable, and soon. Been having weird places where it's near perfect and others where it's bad. Anybody close to Michigan or in the Midwest (US) willing to test with me?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:45:02 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

krazykone123

« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2010, 05:40:47 AM »
Ugh... fix the online play already for god sake, it's already pretty barren and all the matches I had sucked shit.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2010, 04:28:47 AM »
OG's that do random select, stay free.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #231 on: November 18, 2010, 09:35:20 PM »
Anyone planning on streaming 2k2UM tourney play??? Just wondering...

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2010, 04:07:35 AM »
I want to see videos with good jhun players

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2010, 07:31:35 AM »
check the video thread... I just posted up there...

krazykone123

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »
I give up, I'm done playing this game on xbla, host advantage and input lag

I'll stick to the PS2 version, I've had better more stable fights against Chinese people in 2002 on ArcLive :/
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 05:14:34 PM by krazykone123 »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
@jinxhand  Thank you so much bud, I will see them now

@KrazyKone: I don't know, even though everybody here knows that the netcode sucks, offline I think that XBLA is better than the ps2, even though because fix some little bugs like foxy SDM one, now, if you don't have a stick for 360, then yeah, better go to the ps2 version, but as far as I know the XBLA version was a more arcade perfect, but well

Waifu Material

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2010, 09:52:27 PM »
What is this host advantage Krazykone speaks of?

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 19, 2010, 11:14:37 PM »
The host doesn't had the input delay than the guy who join the match

Even though is weird, yesterday I played NGBC with nilcam and the game didn't have any lag, yet nilcam found it laggy even though he was the host

And lots of times I prefer to be the guest than the host, specially in 2002

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2010, 07:38:11 AM »
I've only had a few lag moments playing nbc with some people, but chances are they were downloading something or playing on a wireless connection...

On 2k2um, I know its not always good, but I've had some good stable matches, but I run into a bunch of people from Mexico, and some Japanese players...

Wu Fei

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2010, 03:12:19 PM »
im starting to feel a lil more comfortable with this game. KOF in general. I still know NOTHING about 90% of the cast and alot of move properties....like moves with projectile invincibility. so im getting shits and giggles at the revelations  midmatch lol. theres honestly ALOT more to take in compared to sonic boom and flash kick. omg @ nameless and kula >:(

Fought a few folks online. some lagged but overall not bad for me.

Played ALOT last night with one guy without a prob. told him "gg new to KOF"....he replied "voce joga bem".....da hell does this mean??? that doesnt even look spanish.

----

Ive been playing almost exclusively with Chris, Kensou, and Leona. anything i might not know about them? I'm thinking about picking up Shingo. I played a lil with him last night hes kinda cool. (u all see the trend in my team lol)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 03:18:35 PM by Wu Fei »