Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139892 times)

phoenix

Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »
Played ALOT last night with one guy without a prop. told him "gg new to KOF"....he replied "voce joga bem".....da hell does this mean??? that doesnt even look spanish.

----

Ive been playing almost exclusively with Chris, Kensou, and Leona. anything i might not know about them? I'm thinking about picking up Shingo. I played a lil with him last night hes kinda cool. (u all see the trend in my team lol)

If it doesn't look like Spanish, but still kind of looks like a Romance language.. what options do you have?
French, Romanian, Catalan and Portuguese. Assuming you live in America and you were probably playing someone from South-American there's really only one language left. Brazilian Portuguese.

http://translate.google.com/#pt|en|voce%20joga%20bem

Also, I actually don't see any similarities between Chris, Kensou, Leona and Shingo.

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »
Glad to know you're enjoying the game, and have been able to find some good competition.

From your character picks, I guess you like young boys and badass women? If so, you've come to the right series! If it's one thing KOF's roster has in great supply, it's young boys and badass women. (SNK should put that on the box.)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
im starting to feel a lil more comfortable with this game. KOF in general. I still know NOTHING about 90% of the cast and alot of move properties....like moves with projectile invincibility. so im getting shits and giggles at the revelations  midmatch lol. theres honestly ALOT more to take in compared to sonic boom and flash kick. omg @ nameless and kula >:(

Fought a few folks online. some lagged but overall not bad for me.

Played ALOT last night with one guy without a prob. told him "gg new to KOF"....he replied "voce joga bem".....da hell does this mean??? that doesnt even look spanish.

"Voce joga bem" is Portuguese for "you play well". Joga is like the Spanish "juego" and bem is like saying bueno... Voce is almost like saying "tu" or "you" in Spanish, but I know in Argentina some people say "vos", which also means "you"...

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
I've played almost 100 games now, and i have yet to see other than 3 or 4 different stages :/

Wu Fei

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »

"Voce joga bem" is Portuguese for "you play well". Joga is like the Spanish "juego" and bem is like saying bueno... Voce is almost like saying "tu" or "you" in Spanish, but I know in Argentina some people say "vos", which also means "you"...

Thanks. u just taught me something.

oh and Chris, Kensou, and Shingo kill the blue/ jeans...crip squad. Leona is just badass. ^_^ she has blue hair  too. (just being humorous. folks were getting a lil hype with the netcode issues.)

--

yay I met some folks at some GG/BB streaming event here (atlanta, ga) and i told folks im trying to come up in KOF. a few folks played on the downlow and said they needed some new comp. gonna try to get up more. they told me about about the buffering in this game and how motions get stored for a minute....i'm finally getting my supers in the combos lol.

my dude played with Terry and I swear he combod like three special moves into each other.  Do different special moves have the ability to be canceled into complete different special moves? I know with Orochi Chris I can cancel the end of his command grab with any of his other specials.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »
im starting to feel a lil more comfortable with this game. KOF in general. I still know NOTHING about 90% of the cast and alot of move properties....like moves with projectile invincibility. so im getting shits and giggles at the revelations  midmatch lol. theres honestly ALOT more to take in compared to sonic boom and flash kick. omg @ nameless and kula >:(

Played ALOT last night with one guy without a prob. told him "gg new to KOF"....he replied "voce joga bem".....da hell does this mean??? that doesnt even look spanish.

A little remark

Even though you understand what does it means voce joga bem, you got the wrong translation for the words in spanish

If i say ''Tu juego bueno'' It will be like I said ''your good game''

The correct translation for voce joga bem, and you play well, will be ''tu juegas bien'', the other could be said ''you had a very good game'' as ''tu tienes un muy buen juego'', but here juego = game and juegas = play, so should be more common using juegas, instead of juego, but according to context, juego could be used too 

In the other hand, you are right when you say than argentinians says vos instead of tu

A little correction if some of you want to say something in spanish to a spanish talker withouth making them think ''lol, gringos''
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:05:06 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2010, 04:51:00 PM »
Ive been playing almost exclusively with Chris, Kensou, and Leona. anything i might not know about them? I'm thinking about picking up Shingo. I played a lil with him last night hes kinda cool. (u all see the trend in my team lol)

Leona: V-Slasher beats anything midair, ANYTHING. Remember this and exploit it well ^_^

my dude played with Terry and I swear he combod like three special moves into each other.  Do different special moves have the ability to be canceled into complete different special moves? I know with Orochi Chris I can cancel the end of his command grab with any of his other specials.

Nearly every char have this sort of move, Terry can combo after his round wave (qcf-C), plus it's his supercancellable move. Back in SVC Chaos he can round wave (qcf-C), then crackshoot (qcb-b) then any move, even super. This is not applicable to 2k2 UM tho.
Dude, Relax!

krazykone123

« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »

Learn short hop V-Slasher with Leona,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;uf ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2010, 06:06:41 PM »

A little remark

Even though you understand what does it means voce joga bem, you got the wrong translation for the words in spanish

If i say ''Tu juego bueno'' It will be like I said ''your good game''

The correct translation for voce joga bem, and you play well, will be ''tu juegas bien'', the other could be said ''you had a very good game'' as ''tu tienes un muy buen juego'', but here juego = game and juegas = play, so should be more common using juegas, instead of juego, but according to context, juego could be used too 

In the other hand, you are right when you say than argentinians says vos instead of tu

A little correction if some of you want to say something in spanish to a spanish talker withouth making them think ''lol, gringos''

I think I just used the wrong Spanish reference... It would be "Tu juegas bueno", but I didn't conjugate the verb in my post, so my bad on that... I'll try to be more aware of my espaƱol when I type...

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2010, 01:11:50 AM »
Glad to know you're enjoying the game, and have been able to find some good competition.

From your character picks, I guess you like young boys and badass women? If so, you've come to the right series! If it's one thing KOF's roster has in great supply, it's young boys and badass women. (SNK should put that on the box.)

I've fallen into this as well. My best team seems to be Mature, Vice and Kensou/Kusanagi. I'm not sure Kensou is ready to hang out with those 2.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2010, 01:56:50 AM »

I've fallen into this as well. My best team seems to be Mature, Vice and Kensou/Kusanagi. I'm not sure Kensou is ready to hang out with those 2.

Good thinking Rex, that'd probably work for XIII too.

I'd love for Kensou to hang out with two former slasher-ghost-secretaries who confuse pain with pleasure, as long as I'm not Kensou.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 22, 2010, 04:19:16 PM »
I also want to say that I am enjoying 02UM, but not much in online play. Seeing as there's no scene or a group of people at least who play it consistently in Norcal, online's my only option right now.

Team: Kyo/Kusanagi,Andy/Joe,Daimon/Terry

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 22, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
There's nobody in Norcal that plays this??? I thought there was at least some people up there that were all about KoF... Have you got any buddies that might be interested i learning the game?

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2010, 02:09:13 AM »
any advice for fighting chio. I hate this little old man. I'm just stuck there playing defence trying to get out a little jab for the whole match. The teams i use in kofxiii are the same i use in kof 2k2
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2010, 02:45:29 AM »
any advice for fighting chio. I hate this little old man. I'm just stuck there playing defence trying to get out a little jab for the whole match. The teams i use in kofxiii are the same i use in kof 2k2

Blanket strat for fighting Chin; don't let him drink! (Non Super) Fire breath, rolling punch, and his dragon punch-style spin all require drinks. Most of my losses with Chin occur when opponents keep me from buffing up properly. It really limits his combo and reversal options, and makes him a lot easier to read.

Super (DM) Flame breath is a pretty decent close range reversal/punisher, so you really have to be on guard, and make sure not to throw out and laggy DPs or such.

I'm sure you know his roll punch goes under your fireballs... Go into training and check the range on the move, and then learn to work fireballs from right outside that range, or during blockstrings/meaty moments.

That's the general stuff I can think of for now.