Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 140489 times)

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #270 on: November 27, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »
So they made it better and fucked it up?

Awesome.

SNKP at his finest!

Even though I had people with 3 bars who were on my same country

I played with a mexican yesterday and he said that the lag wasn't terrible, but existed, anyway I still think that could work within the USA, at least 100 ms is playable now, 150, I should test

Waifu Material

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 27, 2010, 10:14:56 PM »
One question how do you know your connection because all i see is nothing?

i played some mathes today, the guy i played had no bars ontop was an x, it ran smooth despite that he had no bar

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2010, 05:29:06 AM »
Yeah this is what sucks though. At least before you could see who was around 100 ms, and even then you still got assholes who refused to play you. NOW there is even more of an epidemic of people not wanting to play you because it's even harder to gauge because almost all players seem to have X. I start to see bars when i refresh.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2010, 02:02:43 PM »
people are becoming stingy, they are ruin the fun

fujifujifujifuji

• New Challenger
  • Kiru!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
Yep, played an X and no problem whatsoever...(I'm about a continent away from him, I'm in SE Asia, he's in Middle East) never a host, played 4 matches...2 a bit laggy out of 2 good ones. Not a dramatic improvement tho, but it's there. They should really remove ANY indication of connection status because, seriously...it's kinda surreal how it is so inaccurate. But hey, you know what's the good news?

SNKP is actually listening, this is a good sign. Now would be a good time to start telling them that the netcode could be even better.
Dude, Relax!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
so i played with a friend today and it was a total lagfest which is weird because its never happened before

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2010, 08:13:42 AM »
You know, I'm finding all the feedback on the update to be weird. Reaosn I say this is because before the update, I had nothing but lag matches with players from Mexico and other countries. Now that the game has been updated, I've had 7 out of 10 great matches with the same player from Mexico and cross country matches seem to be overall better to me.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2010, 08:19:55 AM »
I really don't know how NBGC online turned out pretty good but not 2k2UM.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »
I really don't know how NBGC online turned out pretty good but not 2k2UM.

Maybe the size of the download had something to do with it. I remember NGBC being about 800mbs, while 2002UM was around 500mb.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2010, 08:56:05 AM »
The size difference could probably be contributed to the 3d backgrounds... NBC had nothing but all 3d backgrounds, whereas 2K2UM had some partially 3d, but most of the were 2d...

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2010, 05:43:44 PM »
I'm hardly an expert on game development, but I would suggest that it's because NGBC was heavily re-done for the 360 (new backgrounds, upgraded sprites), while 2k2UM was a PS2 port.

Building the game from the ground-up (well, not completely, but...) might have allowed them to better accommodate the netcode. If that makes any sense. (It does in my mind.)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2010, 02:42:24 AM »
Yeah from what someone explained to me on SRK, the netcode is a completely different system integrated into a game. It's why chances are that we will never be able to see a patched up job on games like Garou and KOF98UM. Only way of seeing it is by having the game be completely re-released, which sucks.

but I'm not really gonna complain because at least I got the game in some fashion so I can finally play it. And I'll say it again, it seems that people have different outcomes with the game because right now, I can get some good matches with Mexican players in the most southern most part of Mexico and I'm in NY.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2010, 06:05:52 AM »
I'm hardly an expert on game development, but I would suggest that it's because NGBC was heavily re-done for the 360 (new backgrounds, upgraded sprites), while 2k2UM was a PS2 port.

Building the game from the ground-up (well, not completely, but...) might have allowed them to better accommodate the netcode. If that makes any sense. (It does in my mind.)

That could potentially explain a lot, minus or especially in XII's case
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 02, 2010, 03:36:02 PM »
XII problem was that this one was an already fucked up netcode, SNK went to a large route to devolp NGBC netcode

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2010, 12:18:05 AM »
Since Neowave is in the subject, and it's on my mind, I've got a quick question(s)--  ok two questions:

1. Is there any love for KoFNW, as in would there be some hype if a "UM" version came out, since the xbpx version sucks when played on a 360?? I want to find out what people's views are on this game, since some people love it, but its not mentioned or played enough imo...

2. Young Geese was apparently loved by tons of fans, including non-Geese fans. Do you feel he should be put in other KoF games (well the dream match ones), and if so, does he need balancing???

Ok, one last question:

3. Are there particular characters (not counting Young Geese) that you would like to have on a different KoF?? Please explain why (properties, different moves, etc...).

Thanks in advance...