Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139904 times)

ChrisP

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: April 19, 2012, 01:39:29 PM »
I hadn't noticed that stages have different shadows on the characters, like the chinese restaurant has reflections on the floor and some stages have the shadows cast to the back and some to the front.

I wonder if KOFXIII has something similar.  I know the white heaven level has shadow type things.

That's a little touch that is hard to notice but appreciable.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 03, 2012, 02:09:43 AM »
Mr. Bakaboy has mentioned he got an update on for 02UM. Did anyone else get a notice about it on Live? If so, have you noticed any differences in anything?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #407 on: January 23, 2013, 07:03:36 AM »
Mr. Bakaboy has mentioned he got an update on for 02UM. Did anyone else get a notice about it on Live? If so, have you noticed any differences in anything?

I got an update, but haven't been able to fight anyone online... I'm not sure if it's a netcode patch though-- I doubt it honestly...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »
The patches aren't from SNKP but from XBL themselves. Probably to keep the game on XBLive's servers.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 29, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »
That seems about right since I've seen updates for Castlevania SON, but what I can't figure out is how come some games like Kof98 never gets an update. My only guess is a game has to have one update to get those constant updates.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 10, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »
Just to let people know, the KOF2002UM wiki is NOT DEAD. I'm currently working on a few pages (and finished) that need work, and hopefully we can get more people to help. Thanks to Josh_KOF for fixing up the K' page.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_2K2UM

A majority of the pages in the wiki are really good and have been completed to a good degree. Here are some pages that need work:

Benimaru
Goro Daimon
Mature (just needs jump normals done)
Terry
Joe
Ryo
Athena (needs move descriptions)
Sie Kensou
Bao
Vanessa (needs move descriptions)
Seth
Ramon
Leona (needs combos)
Ralf (needs jumping and crouching normals descriptions, and more combos)
Clark (needs move descriptions)
Yashiro Nanakase
Chris (work in progress)
Shermie
Orochi Yashiro (just needs normals descriptions)
Whip
Kula
Foxy
Chang (needs normals descriptions)
Choi (needs normals descriptions)
Jhun
Shingo
Ryuji Yamazaki
Blue Mary (needs move descriptions)
Heidern (needs move descriptions)
Takuma
Chin
Li Xiangfei
Hinako
King (work in progess)
Mai (needs move descriptions)
EX Kensou
EX Robert
EX Takuma

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2013, 07:06:15 AM »
I can Help on Xiangfei, Hinaku and Bao

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2013, 07:18:14 AM »
Cool, can you write down your submissions for those characters then private message it to me? Be sure to follow the structure of the pages too.

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #413 on: July 15, 2013, 06:40:58 AM »
Cool, can you write down your submissions for those characters then private message it to me? Be sure to follow the structure of the pages too.

alright
its gonna take some time though

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 15, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »
The DC wiki is actually better than some other sites wikis. It's already a lot of info. Good stuff though.

shissachan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 21, 2015, 05:37:00 AM »
Does anyone know the exact differences between Shermie and Kasumi from 98 UM compared to their 2k2 UM iterations? I also don't know who to have for my third character. I'm torn between King, Athena and Kula. How is Hinako and Whip by the way? I've been interested.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 21, 2015, 05:52:08 AM »
Does anyone know the exact differences between Shermie and Kasumi from 98 UM compared to their 2k2 UM iterations? I also don't know who to have for my third character. I'm torn between King, Athena and Kula. How is Hinako and Whip by the way? I've been interested.

I don't know much about Shermie in 2002UM, but comparing Kasumi's is night and day from 98UM to 2002UM. Kasumi has more power, better normals, easier confirms into her rekkas (qcb+P x3), and easy to use counters. Kasumi in 98UM is just really rigid while 2002UM Kasumi is a complete monster and easy to use.

Hinako is great, just a bit slow movement wise. She has easy confirms into her hcf+K throw and other special moves, and she deals lots of damage. http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hinako_Shijou_(2k2UM)

shissachan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 21, 2015, 06:04:40 AM »

I don't know much about Shermie in 2002UM, but comparing Kasumi's is night and day from 98UM to 2002UM. Kasumi has more power, better normals, easier confirms into her rekkas (qcb+P x3), and easy to use counters. Kasumi in 98UM is just really rigid while 2002UM Kasumi is a complete monster and easy to use.

Hinako is great, just a bit slow movement wise. She has easy confirms into her hcf+K throw and other special moves, and she deals lots of damage. http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hinako_Shijou_(2k2UM)

Ah okay. I did feel like Kasumi was really off in 98UM and didn't feel that great to use but stuck with her because I had a feeling she was a more defensive character. I'm guessing her offense game is far far better now? I noticed she has this move that's  ;dn ;dn  ;b or something. Is that a counter for low normals?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 21, 2015, 06:12:00 AM »

Ah okay. I did feel like Kasumi was really off in 98UM and didn't feel that great to use but stuck with her because I had a feeling she was a more defensive character. I'm guessing her offense game is far far better now? I noticed she has this move that's  ;dn ;dn  ;b or something. Is that a counter for low normals?

It's a counter for lows but honestly you'll get more out of her hcf+K counter since lows are a bit hard to catch in general.

shissachan

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 21, 2015, 06:54:35 AM »
snip
Alright thanks. Also, what's her DM move where it's  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;d and she makes a pose?