Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 140362 times)

VicViper

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 05, 2011, 10:55:20 PM »
When it comes to 2002UM tournament play, is it standard for the whole bottom row to be banned including Geese and Goenitz?
XBL: Astejos

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:47 AM »
To unlock Nightmare Geese you have to go to the Expert challenge mode and complete a number of challenges or you can fail countless times until it says "Hey lets just give em the damn character" and it unlocks him and the last challenge automatically. Also the last character in survival is Rugal

It must be some random thing then cause I fought Igniz last.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #302 on: January 06, 2011, 04:59:36 AM »
When it comes to 2002UM tournament play, is it standard for the whole bottom row to be banned including Geese and Goenitz?

So far, the only acceptable character on the bottom row is Normal Geese... I haven't heard of Goenitz being allowed in tourney play... It would be nice, however, to have nerfed (read - tourney worthy) versions of boss characters, although its not likely to happen anytime soon...

I take all of that back now that I've truly seen why he's in the boss row...
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 05:11:39 AM by jinxhand »

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 06, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »
Goenitz is good but i personally don't think hes overpowered to the point where he should be banned from tournaments. I honestly find Nameless/King way more harder to deal with.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:25 PM »
Been pretty fun online the last couple days. GG to everyone i've played, i noticed a few of you from here.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2011, 06:43:55 AM »
The master class vids Shinra Shiranui posted. What am I going to expect to see so I don't feel sleepy by the japanese talk throughout the video?

krazykone123

« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2011, 07:21:36 AM »
The master class vids Shinra Shiranui posted. What am I going to expect to see so I don't feel sleepy by the japanese talk throughout the video?

Welp, nobody here really expects you to watch 24 minutes of footage without skipping some of it. It's best you pass through all junk that seems redundant go straight to the good stuff, like specials or sumthin' I dunno.

:/

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2011, 10:07:35 AM »
I don't mind watching it... Hell, if people can bear an hour and some change of high level SF4 players in training mode, we should be taking in what we can get with KoF... Sure, it might be boring to some, but if something was obtained and has been (and still is being) applied to one's game, then mission complete... I was able to bear through the ones I saw, and even though I knew the majority of what was there (except for the Heidern vid), it did give me some ideas on trying new things out and especially setups and situations...

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2011, 01:30:46 AM »

Pay close attention and annotating what he does. Almost everything he does is very helpful when trying to get the basic feel of the characters. Although hes not speaking english you can tell when he and his friend are explaining properties of moves like overhead, guard point, cancel-able, etc.

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2011, 06:30:20 AM »
Yeah also BC combos and activations. I thought that part was really cool to see.

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2011, 06:36:42 AM »
Why the hell is Ryo's hyperhop j.D the neutral jump j.D? Instead, his old non-neutral j.D only works from regular jump forward and backwards. I don't think this happens with any other char.
It has its uses, but not as effective as the old one.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »

Pay close attention and annotating what he does. Almost everything he does is very helpful when trying to get the basic feel of the characters. Although hes not speaking english you can tell when he and his friend are explaining properties of moves like overhead, guard point, cancel-able, etc.

I'm thinking about trying to start some community annotations project for these videos, because they need them badly. I can understand what the guy is trying to do and stuff, but it will really help others if there is some english text shown explaining things.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
I'm thinking about trying to start some community annotations project for these videos, because they need them badly. I can understand what the guy is trying to do and stuff, but it will really help others if there is some english text shown explaining things.

Im all for the idea of a annotations project and would gladly help with it. I already started decoding some of his stuff and added it to the wiki. To be honest he showed options with characters i didn't think was possible.

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #313 on: January 16, 2011, 08:18:08 AM »
To be honest he showed options with characters i didn't think was possible.

Such as?

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 16, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
Well maybe not so much as options but stuff for characters that i don't use/see alot because their rarely used like chang and Yashiro(regular).