Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70836 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2012, 04:32:53 AM »
Jinxhand: You know I am officially scared of your Jeffery & I haven't even played him. :p

Nah you don't have nothing to worry about... Jeffry has to do so much to stay on the offensive... He's even weaker in FS imo-- It's like he has more mixup options, at the cost of a weaker threat stance... Plus he has no Splash Mountain and that does make me a sad emo panda for real...

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2012, 04:35:50 AM »
JinxHand, I see you online but I'm always in the middle of some kof training with my friend.
Next time though, I will play you in some VF. I gotta dust off my Aoi so give me a few before does anything worth wild. lol

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2012, 05:02:10 AM »
JinxHand, I see you online but I'm always in the middle of some kof training with my friend.
Next time though, I will play you in some VF. I gotta dust off my Aoi so give me a few before does anything worth wild. lol

No sweat... We'll definitely get some matches in... I myself am working on a project per sé, but I'll get in some matches eventually...

Can't wait to finally have great 8 player lobbies...

Anyway, here's to those Aoi players and Lion players... Great match!!!

And a little of what to expect in FS...

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:20:15 AM by jinxhand »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2012, 07:23:58 AM »
These close matches are just too good. I thought they added a male Aoi in the second vid till I heard the voice. Never seen Kage unmasked till now. Character customization is going to be so time-consuming.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2012, 06:45:41 PM »
Watching those Aoi matches just got me excited.
I want this game right now. lol

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2012, 07:20:59 PM »
These close matches are just too good. I thought they added a male Aoi in the second vid till I heard the voice. Never seen Kage unmasked till now. Character customization is going to be so time-consuming.

Kage's mask could be knocked off in VF3, so alot of people were wondering when the mask-less version would return...

Yeah Sega went nuts with the customization which is great, especially since most of those outfits are based on a 10 point system, with certain items being 1-3 points (I think some were 4 points I can't remember). Well, people complained about that I guess, and costume S (S meaning either swimsuit or special) was created, allowing you to basically add whatever the hell you want... On top of that, you can even play any song from older VFs while your fighting. The stages change each round, and if the wall is broken during a round, it stays broken. Granted, SC had that, too, but VF started the whole stage change thing back in VF5R...

This is probably the first 3d fighter in recent years that I felt truly took off to new heights and made significant changes without crapping on the OG players... Some complained about the 3 point throw escapes, but when you think about it, the depth is still there, and its even more important to guess right now, because the escape percentage is lower than it was in older versions... I think TTT2 comes in second in that department, especially with how they're implementing tag combos, which goes beyond DOA tag combos which I thought were the best for a 3d fighter...

Anyway, back to VF... Anyone remember that hyper fighting mode in VF4EVO??? I guarantee you that mode is back!!! Same goes for the gravity mode, and the mode where you could only do damage with throws...

EDIT: Wow, so I come to work, and check out VFDC-- lo and behold I see posted an Aoi combo video for the Xbox VF5 (ver. C)... Funny we were just talking about her yesterday... Anyway, here it is:

« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:47:10 PM by jinxhand »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2012, 05:21:25 AM »
That stuff is mad old for the most part, new for some I guess...

This personally should be the standard for fighters period imo...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2012, 06:08:19 AM »
It shouldn't be an opinion, it's straight fact.

Go all the way or don't do it at all.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2012, 08:40:13 AM »

Yeah you're right, but I personally don't wanna come off as an "elitist" in any way, shape, or form...

Anyway, even without the frame data, it's even more clear to see what is generally safe and unsafe with the new animations... I remember sweeps that used to be unsafe on block, but they looked safe because even if you blocked it the animation didn't stop... It would just push a bit, but the recovery would be long enough to punish accordingly...

Real talk, I wonder what the bandwagon character will be this time around... In Vanilla, it was Lei Fei for the longest, then it went to Brad, and then El Blaze, and back to Lei Fei... I'm thinking a VF3-esque bandwagon will ensue, where everyone hops on Taka just because he can't be combo'd alot, and he has strong throws and setups...

Oh yeah, Akira players (past, present, and future), there's no more excuses as to not be able to K+G:G.

If you can do one (or more) of the following, you should be able to do Akira's knee:

j/f EWGF with Mishimas
j/f Sky Rocket with Hwoarang
iMCF with Yoshi in SCV
Do 1f links in SFIV
Link Kensou's s.B, s.C chain into s.D consistently
Do j/f moves in Samsho Sen
FRC at least 1 move in GGXXAC+
Do Paul's d+4,1:1+2 in T4 consistently (that joint was unforgiving)
Do that strong ass combo with Karnov in FHD
Shoot Squall's gun sword in FFVIII
Do link combos witih P-characters in LB
Cook in the original MH

I can't think of anything else... Honestly, this move is real easy to do now... Hit up practice mode please...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2012, 05:59:13 PM »
Meh, I understand the fear, but when it's something like this, I doubt too many people WOULDN'T want this many features for Replay Channels.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2012, 06:52:11 PM »
If you can do one (or more) of the following, you should be able to do Akira's knee:

j/f EWGF with Mishimas
iMCF with Yoshi in SCV
Do 1f links in SFIV
Cook in the original MH

That's the only thing I can do lol.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2012, 01:13:14 AM »

Yeah you're right, but I personally don't wanna come off as an "elitist" in any way, shape, or form...

Anyway, even without the frame data, it's even more clear to see what is generally safe and unsafe with the new animations... I remember sweeps that used to be unsafe on block, but they looked safe because even if you blocked it the animation didn't stop... It would just push a bit, but the recovery would be long enough to punish accordingly...

Real talk, I wonder what the bandwagon character will be this time around... In Vanilla, it was Lei Fei for the longest, then it went to Brad, and then El Blaze, and back to Lei Fei... I'm thinking a VF3-esque bandwagon will ensue, where everyone hops on Taka just because he can't be combo'd alot, and he has strong throws and setups...

Oh yeah, Akira players (past, present, and future), there's no more excuses as to not be able to K+G:G.

j/f EWGF with Mishimas
iMCF with Yoshi in SCV
Do 1f links in SFIV
Cook in the original MH

I can't think of anything else... Honestly, this move is real easy to do now... Hit up practice mode please...
well shit cooking was easy in monster hunter think ill go try this now