Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70947 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: New Virtua Figher 5
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2011, 09:19:07 PM »
Thanks Jinxhand, this lead me to a new question though

Where do you realise all the customisation? From the customes to the intros? You do it on the same arcade machine? There are special  machines on the arcades? The virtua Fighter Page?

I guess that the system to unlock customes is like the one that appear on quest mode right? you win money and sometimes customes or orbs to unlock the items, and at the same time icons and all those things, at least I hope that we get those intros on the console game

Yeah, there's a separate machine for things like that. It allows you to customize your character/intros/etc, and I believe mess around with your replays and upload them to their servers. You don't actually do that on the arcade machine itself like you would for Tekken 5DR, or maybe even Tekken 6 machines.

For instance, Lau has a flip kick move 9+K which is -15 on block that for some that doesn't mean much, but once you understand the game, -15 on block means a free grab (P+G which for many is 12f), for Akira it can mean a free double palm (ws46+P or 11_3346+P which is 13f and does a ton of damage),

I dunno what's worse, Tekken notation or Virtua Fighter notation.

That's just merely buffering with the "_" meaning "or". The actual move itself is ;dn ;bk ;fd + P, but this site doesn't have arrow notation for holding a direction. Buffering makes the move easier to do, so its the same as this ;df ;df ;bk ;fd + P, but I personally use numeric notations. Those notations are just as bad as KOF though, I mean we're used to seeing ;db ;hcb ;df , but to the "casual" or those not familiar with KOF, this looks like Hieroglyphics. Tekken's notations are easier because the numbers simply correspond to the button, and you have to use things like f, df, b, db, etc (shoutout to MK9 for command notation XCOPY). Real talk, Primal Rage has the worse notations for moves though.

Anyway, some of those matches from PAX last night are up on Youtube. Some of them aren't as "pro" as some would like because cats were either playing it like ver.C, or straight up mashing Capcom style (especially that Brad and Jacky player). I'll post some links up later today.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2011, 10:27:42 PM »
It will be cool if the VFDC created some vids to teach some things to new players, I don't know much things about the game to be honest, and less with all the changes that 5r and FS introduced from vainilla

There is also the fact that this game has an extensive vocabulary that is exclusively for VF gamers, so jinxhand, you knwo where to start?

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »
It will be cool if the VFDC created some vids to teach some things to new players, I don't know much things about the game to be honest, and less with all the changes that 5r and FS introduced from vainilla

There is also the fact that this game has an extensive vocabulary that is exclusively for VF gamers, so jinxhand, you knwo where to start?

That link I posted earlier was straight to the wiki. That's the best place to start. I'll look to see if there's a thread for new players that helps them understand the VF lingo.

I've mentioned the tutorial thing on the forums awhile back, as well as some other people. I think that now would definitely be a good time to help the newcomers, as there are people who only made logins for the petition that are now coming back to learn the game. I'll search for some tut vids on YT, I remember seeing some awhile back.

UPDATE: Here's some links to help out. Click on the video to go straight to the youtube channel. There are more vids there.

I put the 2nd vid up rather than the 1st, because this answers gameplay questions moreso than the first one.

Same case with this one. The first vid talks about bouncing, which is new to VF5 (which Namco kinda stole :) ).

Props to Srider, Truesonic2k (Saygah) and the other cats who own those vids and/or submitted them.

If you guys have any questions, I'll be glad to assist you guys. Hit me up on xbl also. There's a few things in VF lingo that applies to many fighters, both 2d and 3d. Some things vary somewhat, like for instance fuzzy guarding in VF is not the same as fuzzy guarding in 3S.

Here's the link to the actual system guide:

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/doku.php?id=vf5:system
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:06:10 AM by jinxhand »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2011, 12:42:07 AM »
That's interesting

I recall when I was trying to do the trials, I didn't get what was a deffensive or offensive mode, and not all the moves had demos to see what you should, after some searching on the internet I found out what it was, but now I could  see the difference and their use

SEGA needs to explain those things in the game

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 04:39:48 AM »
Yeah alot of people griped because in VF4EVO, all the moves had demos, and in VF5, only a few moves that were frame specific had demos. But that pretty much shows you how "rushed" this game was, even ver. C for the x360 was somewhat rushed, because the only thing they worked on was the netcode. Everything else from the ps3 was just plastered over, and updated to ver. C which gave Jeffry a new move, and better bounce combo, and a few characters were tweaked a bit, and some combos were changed I believe.

I guess they wanted people to read the game manual.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 04:43:37 AM »
The manuel make me even more confused

I guess that one of this days I will rebuy vainilla, is cheap, and I don't knwo if will work well against NA players

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 07:01:56 AM »
The manuel make me even more confused

I guess that one of this days I will rebuy vainilla, is cheap, and I don't knwo if will work well against NA players

It should... I've fought a ton of Japanese players whose connection read between 0-2 bars and many of them ran flawlessly somehow, even when I was in Texas.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2011, 07:12:29 AM »
I liked the practice mode and tutorials in Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. They made everything easier to understand, instead of just reading from the manual. I hope that VF5FS would have same quality modes (and why not other games too).

And damn VF5FS has one hell of a soundtrack. I especially like the Sumo Ring theme.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 07:08:32 PM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »
I've been thinking of trying tekken 5 or 6 for some time, mostly since i didn't really expect a vf game that i could play against humans (sort of) in.

If you have a 360, and 5 bucks to snag VF5, and xbl. You've got the ability to play humans... Some matchmaking has to be done manually (like on VFDC) but at the very least, I'll fight ya.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:59 AM »
If you have a 360, and 5 bucks to snag VF5, and xbl. You've got the ability to play humans... Some matchmaking has to be done manually (like on VFDC) but at the very least, I'll fight ya.

Cool, appreciate it but i'm a ps3 user so i will just have to wait for the new version

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2011, 05:10:55 PM »
So yeah, since XIII already appeared, this is my new DO WANT game for the next year, I hope to see it released soon, did sega put an specific date?

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
So yeah, since XIII already appeared, this is my new DO WANT game for the next year, I hope to see it released soon, did sega put an specific date?
just around the summer as far as i can tell

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2011, 10:44:45 PM »
I can't wait for this. I may be bad at this series, but it's crazy fun.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2011, 09:41:51 PM »
P P P K

Up+P/K

CLASSIC VF COMBO

I wish summer would hurry and get here so I can get back to playing Brad.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2011, 10:48:13 PM »
WELCOME TO THE BRAD SHOW!