Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 554209 times)

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1485 on: February 27, 2011, 11:34:14 PM »
I registered just to warn you and the forum that IF the guy you spoke to is Fersis ( programmer from Argentina, he posts on Gaf too ) he s full of shit. SNKp is struggling right now, Arcade Classics 0 will probably be the last product of the GAME section.

Even  Trouble Witches Neo is being held back. You read here first.

Oh by the way, i m actually more sad than you probably right now, i just can't see fans not knowing the truth.
SNKP Game section will probably not survive the Japanese fiscal year. Again, read it here first.

Thanks for the warn. You know, these days you really can't trust anyone in the net...  So I'm not going to ask you trust me, but the guy I knew saying he's kof13 spanish translator is not called Fersis, it was not in NeoGAF forums and he doesn't look like a troll, but I can't asure you he's not Fersis because I don't really know him. Is just a guy who contact us to ask some doubts he had to translate. So, if he is a troll, well it's a very odd troll, just asking about if Hizoku should be translated literally in spanish or which word is better to translate "omae-chan" :D

I have no doubt SNKP is struggling. But tell me, why did they open an official game's blog 2 or 3 weeks ago? Just to announce Arcade Classics 0 and Kof'98UMFE changes and close game section? And what about NeoGeo Station? Are they going only release kof'94, SS 1, AoF1 and FF1? And release a console port stright from the arcade version of kof13 is not expensive at all. I really doubt, even if SNKP is going to close game section, they don't release their last work, kof 13, for consoles. The game is done, they are not going to loose anything releasing it.

As solidshark said, the game could be by download through XLive and PSN so they don't spend any money with publishers.

All are conjectures, rumors, and people talking in forums. We really have to wait to know the truth, but I'm still confident we will see KOF XIII released for consoles this year.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 28, 2011, 02:14:01 AM »
I registered just to warn you and the forum that IF the guy you spoke to is Fersis ( programmer from Argentina, he posts on Gaf too ) he s full of shit. SNKp is struggling right now, Arcade Classics 0 will probably be the last product of the GAME section.

Even  Trouble Witches Neo is being held back. You read here first.

Oh by the way, i m actually more sad than you probably right now, i just can't see fans not knowing the truth.
SNKP Game section will probably not survive the Japanese fiscal year. Again, read it here first.

Thanks for the warn. You know, these days you really can't trust anyone in the net...  So I'm not going to ask you trust me, but the guy I knew saying he's kof13 spanish translator is not called Fersis, it was not in NeoGAF forums and he doesn't look like a troll, but I can't asure you he's not Fersis because I don't really know him. Is just a guy who contact us to ask some doubts he had to translate. So, if he is a troll, well it's a very odd troll, just asking about if Hizoku should be translated literally in spanish or which word is better to translate "omae-chan" :D

I have no doubt SNKP is struggling. But tell me, why did they open an official game's blog 2 or 3 weeks ago? Just to announce Arcade Classics 0 and Kof'98UMFE changes and close game section? And what about NeoGeo Station? Are they going only release kof'94, SS 1, AoF1 and FF1? And release a console port stright from the arcade version of kof13 is not expensive at all. I really doubt, even if SNKP is going to close game section, they don't release their last work, kof 13, for consoles. The game is done, they are not going to loose anything releasing it.

As solidshark said, the game could be by download through XLive and PSN so they don't spend any money with publishers.

All are conjectures, rumors, and people talking in forums. We really have to wait to know the truth, but I'm still confident we will see KOF XIII released for consoles this year.

I probably will post one last time.

Neogeo Station, live and other projects were started before the president swap.

They are going to finish Arcade 0 and probably trouble witches. Neogeo station will get another update by the end of March and that will be it.

The new president and the few who remained in the company have a very BIG interest in games , but they simply can't afford the division.

April won't bring good news. I can't and won't say anything anymore, you just read it here first.

Any idea on what the second round of Neo Geo Station games are?

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 28, 2011, 05:21:09 AM »

April won't bring good news. I can't and won't say anything anymore, you just read it here first.

"I can't and won't say anything anymore, you just read it here first"
What do you mean you cant and wont, you might as well spill the beans after your first 2 post
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 05:24:17 AM by Ashspiralingblood »

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 28, 2011, 06:16:32 AM »
Let's try to reign in the rumor mongering. If there are facts to be shared, share them. Otherwise there's no real point to the conversation.

Thanks!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1489 on: February 28, 2011, 08:16:52 AM »
Come on man this is ridiculous trolling.I also think that playmore might close the game section but they will keep re releasing games because it's cheap and because they still have some money to squeeze from the old snk.They can even hire some developers to release a game time to time ... I ain't defending those idiots at playmore but this kind of rumours are just lame.In april-may i am 99% sure we will have 13 just have to be patient.Stay free  ;)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 28, 2011, 08:25:28 AM »
Let's try to reign in the rumor mongering. If there are facts to be shared, share them. Otherwise there's no real point to the conversation.

Thanks!

indeed, agreed.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 28, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »
Honestly this ''SNKP is done for good on april but I can't talk'' is just stupid, you could be a troll just like this fersis guy or the spanish translator from speksnk, at least the only thing is just wait

At least I don't get how do you know that SNKP is done for good on april, if you are an insider worker who doesn't want to be fired, you are doing a bad job since it doesn't make sense to share some tidbits and later disapear.

Hell, I don't get why this appear here, if I wanted to share this info, I will go to more places like mmcafe, orochinagi or cyberfanatix, to post here is random as hell
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 06:02:17 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 28, 2011, 05:59:11 PM »
if we don't see anything by E3 we got a problem
" you fight well in the old style"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 28, 2011, 06:10:30 PM »
if we don't see anything by E3 we got a problem

mmm, I this point I don't expect to see SNKP at the E3 unless they got a publisher, but I got a feeling that the game will be avaliable to download after watching the arcana heart 3 situation

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 28, 2011, 06:29:55 PM »
Do you really think SNKP released KOF XII for PS3 and Xbox360, but they are not going to release KOF XIII? That doesn't make sense at all. Ok, they don't have/want publisher, they are struggling, they want to close game section. But, come on, KOF XIII is done, and what other purpose has a game if not to sell?

Only time can tell... Argh, I hate this situation.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:04 PM »
To be fair, the situation at which the company was during the release of XII in comparision with XIII are different

But is also truth that there is some money with XIII, so it's a hard situation

Waifu Material

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 28, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
To be fair, the situation at which the company was during the release of XII in comparision with XIII are different

the situation is not so different. We all know the sad situation xii's programmers lived...  At least xiii's arcade sold well, and xii didn't... The only difference is president of Snkp.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 28, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
It's different according to rumours, with XII there was a hope to reboot the franchise, now according to some sources they are thinking if it's worthy to keep doing videogames or not

The sad situation of the developers, well, that seems to be more old than that

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 28, 2011, 07:17:47 PM »
As bad as any of these rumors are, we're just going to have to wait for an official word. I know we sparsely hear from them, but there's is the only I'm waiting to hear from. I know the wait has hurt like hell for this game, but let's just wait and see. I believe that we'll see KOFXIII in our respective homes (I want to believe it too), but until then I'm going to wait and see and keep playing the great SNK games we've already got.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1499 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:48 PM »
Arcadia magazine for april just appeared and from what i can tell there is still no news regarding KOF XIII or anything snk related .. neither famitsu magazine ... pfff
Also some new fighting game like melty blood type is announced to be release i guess soon in arcades Under Night In-Birth - . So the 20 th anniversary of neo geo is just shitty old games that nobody wants to play anymore... sad and stupid