Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547865 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #255 on: August 18, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
May be a dumb question but I thought I'd just throw it out there. Can meaties interrupt moves on wakeup? I'd assume it's like 3rd Strike in that meaties interrupt things like SRK on wakeup, but they can't interrupt EX moves.

I think it's returned to where DPs are invincible again, so no I don't think meaties will interrupt moves.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 18, 2010, 07:59:18 AM »
Damn, I was kinda' hoping you could as I never liked ST tactics and SF4 just...yeah. Bottom line is invincible SRK's suck.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 18, 2010, 05:16:03 PM »
no you suck, dont you know how to defend? just press db or b, it aint that fucking hard. this is how good kofs work. i really think you gotta do something about your skill level if you think invincible dp's suck, seriously. i knew most US members sucked in kof, but your making it worse than it is.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 18, 2010, 05:59:46 PM »
Why so angry dude? Of course I can defend, but if the player is very predictable, I like to be able to interrupt their wakeup attacks. I don't see what's wrong with that philosophy.  Meaties could interrupt moves on wakeup in 2K2, I don't know about 98 though. So I think my question was pretty legit.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 18, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »
why would you want to interrupt their wakeup attack when you could block it and do 50% damage with little to no hd or dm bars? even more with bars. i just dont get it. nobody ever tried to meaty a downed terry in 97 or 98 cause of his rising tace. its part of the character specific strategy. you could do meaties on a downed duo long if he has no meter.

also im not mad, i dont get why your complaining about something that has been in kof for over decades. this isnt the first kof with invicible dp's. and i actually like this, as well as most other kof players. we dont wanna get hit out of our rising tacos, we taco through your invincible moves.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 18, 2010, 06:30:45 PM »
Why so angry dude? Of course I can defend, but if the player is very predictable, I like to be able to interrupt their wakeup attacks. I don't see what's wrong with that philosophy.  Meaties could interrupt moves on wakeup in 2K2, I don't know about 98 though. So I think my question was pretty legit.

So you want risk free oki?

Also, if the player is very predictable...then that's all the more reason to block, since you know the DP is coming right?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 18, 2010, 10:08:22 PM »
Please keep personal attack or country-specific attacks to a minimal, save that for other forums :)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 18, 2010, 10:22:18 PM »

So you want risk free oki?

Also, if the player is very predictable...then that's all the more reason to block, since you know the DP is coming right?

How is it risk free dude? He could block my meaty and punish me, so what is the point you're trying to make?

It always amuses me how pissy fighting game players get over minor things like this.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 18, 2010, 11:55:42 PM »
if his in the middle of a DP then he can't block the meaty. it's fine like it is.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2010, 01:51:14 AM »
If he blocks your meaty is that like a cock block?

What kind of meaty attack could you use that is punishable? Also if you're using a punishable meaty attack to counter a dp, then you'd probably be best off blocking the dp and go for a full combo.

I do know some j.CDs can interrupt some non-EX dp's if done at the right distance.

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:21 AM »

How is it risk free dude? He could block my meaty and punish me, so what is the point you're trying to make?

It always amuses me how pissy fighting game players get over minor things like this.

don't take it personally

if anything meaty attacks is a safer way to keep your offense

I'm glad invinsible dps are back, is something kof needs

edit: First post yo!!! I just joined DC hope for the BEST!!!

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 02:23:01 AM by Rukawa »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2010, 03:36:16 AM »

What kind of meaty attack could you use that is punishable? Also if you're using a punishable meaty attack to counter a dp, then you'd probably be best off blocking the dp and go for a full combo.

And that would depend on the character and on the situation. I'm not going to fucking argue this all fucking day. You like invincible SRK's? Fine. Let's talk about something else like strategies, what (if anything) will be done for the home port, the size of Kula's tits, and whatever. Move the fuck on.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 19, 2010, 03:48:48 AM »
I was actually asking what kind of move you would be using, I wasn't being sarcastic. If you'd give an example then we could go more into depth on usefulness. I never said I like invincible DPs by the way. In fact I like the way it is now where certain positions/angled attacks can hit/trade against a non-EX dp, where as an EX one which requires 1 power gauge is invincible.

Theory and generalization of moves is not the way to discuss things. Give an example and we can expand on it. I'll start it off with a couple:

I noticed K', as well as a few other characters, can j.CD and hit at the tip against a dp and trade/beat wake up DPs such as Andy, with the j.CD doing more damage (worth it, not punishable).

Against K', his dp+A can be beaten/trade by a lot of deep j.C's such as Robert, Kula. His dp+C will beat it, but has slightly longer start up. This means if someone does a really deep j.C against his dp+C, they will land on the ground and have time to block it. I believe Terry's d,u+P is similar.

Also I've noticed fireballs will beat some dp's and will go through others. You can verify this in some of the technical reference vids. And as I've said before each dp is different some have more/less invincibilty.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 19, 2010, 04:21:30 AM »

And that would depend on the character and on the situation. I'm not going to fucking argue this all fucking day. You like invincible SRK's? Fine. Let's talk about something else like strategies, what (if anything) will be done for the home port, the size of Kula's tits, and whatever. Move the fuck on.

Seriously don't bother with Ash his a noob, he has no idea of what his talking about. He is always asking me how to cancel K's DP+A into qcf+A. I guess I'll tell him in the technical thread.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 19, 2010, 04:27:57 AM »
I'll keep that in mind. Reading his post just gave me a headache (I'm not kidding) and I just had a flashback to the head exploding scene in Scanners.