Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547672 times)

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #345 on: August 28, 2010, 10:59:01 PM »
K rules. Ash ruffles western feathers but he's cool too. or do you mean they tend to cramp Kyo's style?

I didn't say they weren't cool.  I just like Kyo better than K', and Ash the least.  But then again, I pretty much only play the Orochi Saga, so I guess I'm biased.

Crédo

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »
I do not like KOF XI, but getting Oswald with the KOF XIII system would be so cool, we need this character.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 29, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »
So I guess Adelheid isn't in the arcade version? It's been about two months and still no unlocks.

I was a little intimidated by this game at first by some of the Touch of Death stuff I've seen (such as Shen's BC combo) because I've never been a fan of that. Then I realized you don't really have to learn BC combos and all that. You could just as well use EX and EX Supers and do comparable damage.

Bottom line, I'm rock hard and dripping for this game.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 29, 2010, 02:18:11 PM »
So I guess Adelheid isn't in the arcade version? It's been about two months and still no unlocks.

I was a little intimidated by this game at first by some of the Touch of Death stuff I've seen (such as Shen's BC combo) because I've never been a fan of that. Then I realized you don't really have to learn BC combos and all that. You could just as well use EX and EX Supers and do comparable damage.

You shouldn't worry too much about Shen's 100% etc, most every character can 90%+ if they have a full cancel gauge and 5 stocks, but you can only do it on the 5th round etc, and you gotta find an opening, especially Shen's it's actually not as common as you think.  If anything, be worried about the characters than can do 50%+ damage with 1 cancel+1 super in the corners, I'll take the 100% any day compared to those (or Elizabeths or K's in general...)

You're absolutely correct, you don't need BC combos to win at all, Ex combos/NeoMaxes are suffice.  I use Chin and I never go into hyperdrive and most of the time, I hold my own.   That being said, this year's BC combos are much easier than 2k2 so you might as well learn it when it's easy.

Bottom line, I'm rock hard and dripping for this game.

Urm, that's an interesting metaphor. o_O
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:19:45 PM by Kane317 »

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 29, 2010, 05:22:20 PM »
If there is another arc get hype for another main character that uses fire.

well I'm not talking about a main character,after the atrocity that was Ash I could careless who's coming

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 29, 2010, 06:52:30 PM »
its official, the next kof main character will be a girl and use water to hose down all the other main characters. doing her water moves will make her white shirt transparant (so you can see pixelated nipples) ala wet tshirt style. to even things up her team mate will be a 3 year old loli and the last team member will be a homo/metrosexual guy. these 2 will wear the same attire as the main girl, cept the lolis watered breasts will be censored cause shes too young, and the guy will have bigger nipples than the main character girl. they all wear skirts with nothing under it (ala braveheart). appearantly the loli will be censored again, but through the censors you will be able to see that she hasnt developed hair down there.

this will be the hypest kof ever.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #351 on: August 29, 2010, 09:42:21 PM »
You're absolutely correct, you don't need BC combos to win at all, Ex combos/NeoMaxes are suffice.  I use Chin and I never go into hyperdrive and most of the time, I hold my own.   That being said, this year's BC combos are much easier than 2k2 so you might as well learn it when it's easy.

BC combos? I'm lost now... Drive Cancels use BC button canceling system? I thought you only have to execute the command in a certain timing... so, you have to cancel first pressing BC?

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 29, 2010, 09:58:24 PM »
^^ BC Combo = Hyper Drive Combo (Because you press B and C to activate it)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 29, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
BC combos? I'm lost now... Drive Cancels use BC button canceling system? I thought you only have to execute the command in a certain timing... so, you have to cancel first pressing BC?
^^ BC Combo = Hyper Drive Combo (Because you press B and C to activate it)

Correct.  You just cancel specials into specials (or DMs) on a certain frame as long as you have a cancel/drive gauge.  BC mode is just hyperdrive mode (BC mode is the old 2k2 term), in this mode you can cancel as much as you like (as long as the move cancels) but you deplete 10% per cancel (and the bar decreases slowly anyways); I'm sure you knew this but we confused you :)

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #354 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:09 PM »
Ok, when you talked about "BC combos" I thought you were saying that is needed to press B+C buttons first and then enter the command to cancel one special into another, and I hate this kind of cancelling system. Fortunately it was just a confusion. All is OK again :D

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 30, 2010, 12:19:54 AM »
well I'm not talking about a main character,after the atrocity that was Ash I could careless who's coming

plz elaborate further.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #356 on: August 30, 2010, 02:31:28 AM »
Did they revert it back to 2k2 style and have 1 frame grabs?

Command grabs are back to the old sexiness.
In saying that, is kula dp+C still unsafe to a recovery roll grab?

I'm assuming so, the dp+C looks the same.
---

Was anyone able to confirm this Kane?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 30, 2010, 04:16:56 PM »
In saying that, is kula dp+C still unsafe to a recovery roll grab?
---
Was anyone able to confirm this Kane?

Totally forgot to check.  Just so that we're on the same page, after getting hit by Kula's dp+C, one tries to tech recovery roll but gets grabbed while trying?  (First I would need to check if recovery roll grabs themselves are untechable, and then the aforementioned scenario).

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 30, 2010, 05:54:55 PM »
You know, I have to ask something. I never really played KOF2000 so I never experienced Kula as a sub boss. Ever since that game, it just seems that Kula is among the top characters in every game.

My question is, was she ever toned downed as a playable character from her boss AI? Or did SNK decide to completely give control of her 2000 boss form to the players?

Robo-mitsu

• New Challenger
  • His Royal Dudeship
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 30, 2010, 09:01:12 PM »
KOF has so many fan favourite characters that never made it to XIII that it makes absolutely no sense to pile more new characters into the series. This just pushes classics into obscurity and disappoints a lot of people. I'd love for SNK's new policy to be something on the lines of working towards as complete a reunion of established characters as possible with XII/XIII style sprites being added for the Outlaw team, Spy team etc with every installment, along side refinement of gameplay mechanics.
Memento mori...