Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547823 times)

Shiranui_ninja

Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2010, 05:51:26 PM »
Of course I would prefer a mostly-balanced game, but for the exception of fixing bugs, I'm not sure if they are going to re-balance it... I cannot assure even if they are going to fix Mature/Joe's infinites...

Probably they will concetrate more in extras, online connection, dlc, etc. than in gameplay balance for the console version.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »
Balance might be a strange thing with this one; it's good how from the tech vids and others nearly every character proves they've got some kind of ace under their sleeve. As many complaints have been rampant about the game, fixing the bugs is something I hope SNKP give priority to, other than online and extras.

"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2010, 10:21:37 PM »
Yeah, I'm WAY for changing must-changes (glitches + easy infinites), but as for re-balancing, I think that's for KoFXIV to decide.  I'm not a fan of there being two drastically different games under the same name.  If Betty is a bit OP, which she's really not all things considered (I liked the "easy mode" comment, however, and agree), then they can always tone her down for next time, but this time we have to live with anywhere-juggle MADNESS lol

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2010, 11:06:10 PM »
i want to play this game and rape all them lizzy's soo fucking bad.

me too -.-,

Ben Reed

• Mod Team
  • New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2010, 01:16:14 AM »
From what I've seen of XII and XIII, and from discussions with programmer friends, the surprising number of bugs plaguing those titles seems to be the result of SNK being too cheap or too broke -- or quite possibly both -- to pay for real, hardcore, comprehensive QA.

So many of the throw-related freeze bugs in particular could have been identified and swiftly squashed just by more meticulous state checks in debug mode and the like. But as it was, KOF XII, while profitable, meant basically that SNK was treading water more than resurging, so they rushed KOF XIII through a cursory QA just like XII to get out in time for Tougeki and took it on faith that overly dumb shit wouldn't emerge in the...ridiculously explorative and meticulous competitive arcade environment?

This would be irrelevant to an eventual console release, of course, if one didn't get the sense that they were going to repeat the same mistake for console XIII and replace old bugs with new ones due once again to insufficient QA. (Witness the post-patch INTRODUCTION of the XII Raiden vs. Liz handcuffs glitch. How pathetic does your time/money invested in QA have to be to let something like landing a SUPER COMMAND THROW against a STANDING OPPONENT result in a handcuffs glitch?)

It's one thing to SAY "we're gonna take our time and do it right" for the console release. But until SNK puts what money they can muster where their mouth is, I'll believe it when I see it.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2010, 08:36:42 AM »
Credit to Necro from CX. KOF XIII turns out to be a success

http://www.snk-capcom.com/?p=2324

These days, it’s been pretty quiet in terms of gaming news from SNK Playmore Corp with some random news here and there for Xbox Live/PS3 releases, such as KOF Skystage  and NEO GEO Heroes, which are surprisingly both shooters (both to be released as download format only).   While console owners anxiously await for the release of King of Fighters XIII for both PS3 and Xbox 360, in order to get a taste of their much improved (over KOF XII) and praised fighter, you have to head to your arcades to capture the action.  The only problem is, most arcades, especially in the United States (unless imported the unit from Japan/Hong Kong), are pretty much out of luck as all new units of KOF XIII on the Taito Type X² have all dried up and are out on the market.  From the distributors that we’ve spoken to, used copies of this game are selling for more than the original new price itself (Sold as a NEW Kit: Taito Type X² Motherboard and KOF XIII Software ranges between $3500-4200 USD).   A huge chunk of change considering today’s economy, but gamers are lining up to play, SNK Playmore Corp’s (and their former SNK JP) convincingly best product to this date.  Well, all we can say is, when you make a quality product, you get results.  As for the console version of the game, we will get a more detailed report on this in the next few weeks, but preliminary reports we received is that the online gameplay will NOT disappoint.   We hope so because that could be a deal killer because these days, it’s all about the online gameplay

krazykone123

« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:20 AM »
As for the console version of the game, we will get a more detailed report on this in the next few weeks, but preliminary reports we received is that the online gameplay will NOT disappoint.

Mad Max over at the Ignition forums said the same thing, interesting

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2010, 09:51:11 AM »
As for the console version of the game, we will get a more detailed report on this in the next few weeks, but preliminary reports we received is that the online gameplay will NOT disappoint.

Mad Max over at the Ignition forums said the same thing, interesting

Someone's gotta say this but...they said the same thing right before the infamous XII patch lol.  All kidding, aside, I know they got this.

---
Yuki Yagami from CX:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/09/taito_download_system/

Arcades are going digital thanks to Taito. At the 48th Amusement Machine Show in Chiba today, Taito announced "NESiCAxLive," a digital distribution system for arcades.

Current arcade distribution models are somewhat like package game models, as arcade operators must purchase physical copies of a game. With the NESiCAxLive system, games will be stored on Taito's servers in a data center. Arcade operators download the games via the internet directly to the arcade cabinets/boards.

The advantages of this system are similar to download models on game consoles. In addition to less cost, operators will have access to a backlog of titles, which they can provide to users based off demand. Taito says that in the future, it wants to make this into a system where players themselves will be able to select the content they want to play.

Taito will not be the only maker supporting this system. The company said that nine companies, including SNK Playmore and Cave, are also on board. The first title for the system will be Arc System Works' new BlazBlue Continuum Shift II, which is scheduled to be formally announced at the AM Show today.

Seems like the most logical direction for things, wonder if this is a little too late to save arcades?

---
I'm super elated that XIII turned out to be a huge success, this is some pretty good marketing if you ask me--everyone wants what they can't have.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:58:16 AM by Kane317 »

krazykone123

« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2010, 10:05:56 AM »
Someone's gotta say this but...they said the same thing right before the infamous XII patch lol.  All kidding, aside, I know they got this.

I shall remain skeptical then

"NESiCAxLive" *snip*

Good to see SNKP on the list, should be easier to patch games now, and it'll probably more cost effective in the log run as well

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2010, 10:20:18 AM »
These are very good news for SNKPlaymore. I think KOF XIII deserves it. Now let's wait this good console version with non disappointing online gameplay.

I wonder from where SNK-Capcom has taken the info to know that console version will be announced soon...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 09, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »
Snip

I don't know man. I mean with the many KOF pro players in Asia, could it be that hard for SNKP to get a couple of them to come in and QA?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 09, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »
I shall remain skeptical then

I remember Mad Max saying about Nona won't show up in the credits and it turn out to be true.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 09, 2010, 03:59:42 PM »
really good news. i had a feeling the game was doing good, its even doing better than expected. only things that need to be done is bug fixing and removing the infinites. also break that bitch lizzy snkp, you can do it. the only other characters tat can do retarded shit like this are joe and mature, but those are fucking infinites. 60% for 1 dm bar is way too high. that dp needs to have way more recovery and be harder to connect.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 10, 2010, 12:26:11 AM »
I don't know man. I mean with the many KOF pro players in Asia, could it be that hard for SNKP to get a couple of them to come in and QA?

it takes many games to find bugs. a couple of players would be useless. it takes a couple of dozens.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^