Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 552293 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1665 on: April 05, 2011, 05:31:06 AM »
I'm expecting to see some announcement on may maybe, after MK9 is released and all that

btw, I realized that I had 1 month since I don't played kof (Back to university, plus I felt motivated to learn other games like vampire savior, rb1, and hd remix)

Today I played some 98 and I felt that my game was VERY slow, like I forgot WTF I had to do, I hope that with XIII I pick up some competitive level soon

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: April 05, 2011, 05:37:44 AM »
dont worry man xiii will fix all of your and my problemz.

thanx for the link kane :)
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:22 PM »
snkplaymore.co.jp?

Yep. Inquiry part.  Are you planning to contact them? Try to get some manners if you write them  XD

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3161705&postcount=168

He did, not you. And you need to write to them in Japanese or they won't reply. That guy translated their reply.

Oh and TBD confirms what i told you damn stubborn people. The game is NOT coming out. To be decided.

They will decide NOT to develop it.

I told you 2 months ago and still guys like Shiranui ninja cling on stupid fake hopes. And here it hought i was helping a community of real fans.

I am a mole, its pretty easy to see, i don't work with SNKP anymore ( never was an intern, like jp onry thing) but i still know everything about them thanks to my few acquaintances.

Wanna play the game? Not in 2011. Not in 2012. WHo knows what will the american publisher do with the KOF rights after 2012? I can tell you for sure SNKP is as good as dead for 2 years. Gaming wise.

Enjoy SNK arcade classics 0 and continue killing yourself over info that you can't find because SNKP deserves to fail, not wanting to communicate with their foreigner fans.

Luther, not that I'd really shoot the messenger for bearing bad news, but I admit you do make it tempting everytime you post here. Whether you were, or just posing as a mole from SNKp to us, it's hard to care as you're not offically part of SNK anymore, which is who we're looking to hear the final word from, even if it is a long wait. As "damn stubborn people," we'll take rumors one way or another, and still cling on stupid fake hopes because we want the game so bad. That bad news you say that's to come in April and June - I hope not, but we'll see.

And btw, you were talking to real fans. It just didn't feel like you were helping.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: April 05, 2011, 07:26:00 PM »
snkplaymore.co.jp?

Yep. Inquiry part.  Are you planning to contact them? Try to get some manners if you write them  XD

He did, not you. And you need to write to them in Japanese or they won't reply. That guy translated their reply.

Oh and TBD confirms what i told you damn stubborn people. The game is NOT coming out. To be decided.

I told you 2 months ago and still guys like Shiranui ninja cling on stupid fake hopes. And here it hought i was helping a community of real fans.

I am a mole, its pretty easy to see, i don't work with SNKP anymore ( never was an intern, like jp onry thing) but i still know everything about them thanks to my few acquaintances.

Wanna play the game? Not in 2011. Not in 2012. WHo knows what will the american publisher do with the KOF rights after 2012? I can tell you for sure SNKP is as good as dead for 2 years. Gaming wise.

Enjoy SNK arcade classics 0 and continue killing yourself over info that you can't find because SNKP deserves to fail, not wanting to communicate with their foreigner fans.

If you're coming here and barely ever post, you can understand why you would have little credibility.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: April 05, 2011, 10:00:16 PM »
I worked for Arc System Works for the spanish translation of the new Arc System Works vs SNK: Generation of Fighters, but they decided to cancel the game after they realized that they couldn't afford to create 30 new sprites and fired me in the process

Seriously, if I worked in SNKP, I would have told those news in a more mainstream place like Kotaku or destructoid, not a random forum of SNK

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1670 on: April 05, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »
another offtopic but it was so funny to read this

1. Gundam Extreme Versus (276.8 points)
2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (259.4 points)
3. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion (241.5 points)
4. Super Street Fighter 4 AE (197.3 points)
5. Melty Blood AA Current Code (111.5 points)
6. Blazblue CSII (92.7 points)
7. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (79.1 points)
8. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (70.5 points)
9. Arcana Heart 3 (68.7 points)
10. Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT (65.3 points)

sf2 turbo and 3d strike over kof 13 or 2002um .... LMAO
that s top 10 arcadia btw

... about kof and especially about playmore i stopped to care - if or when it comes out i might pick up kof again or if 2002um makes it on psn with decent online code but it's getting ridiculous to just wait in vain - hello SF 4 AE =))

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: April 06, 2011, 01:41:16 AM »

Your answer shows that you don't know all about SNKP. I wrote them in english and they answered me in english. A picture of my mailbox:
http://img27.imageshack.us/i/imagenzh.png/

This was their exactly answer:
Dear My name

Thank you for your checking up on our products.
And it is glad to hear that you're interested in one of our products, KOF XIII .

The console ver. release of KOF XIII is currently TBD.

For the latest news regarding SNK PLAYMORE
please check our official website:

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/
http://www.snkplaymoreusa.com/

Best Regards,

SNK PLAYMORE Customer Support

Why are you so sure I am the liar? That guy from neogeo forums could take my answer I published here and in SpekSNK.

Beware who you call liar, Mr. Troll.

Ok, we have your warn. If it happens what you say everybody here will remember you, don't worry. Your work is already done here.

Personally is hard to belive what you say, probably because I want this game, but it looks wierd release XII and do not release XIII. Is a nonsense. But hey, don't worry, if what you say comes true we will see it in a few months, why do you get so upset?

EDIT: I remember you from Ignition forums, Luther Blisset. I revised your posts there, and in that forum you only look like everyone there, a hard fan of KOF dying to know something related to KOF XII console version and KOF XIII later. Asking Mad Max desperatly about release date, or making predictions which didn't happen (like XIII's arcade patch would have some tweaks besides fixing bugs and infinites). Reading your posts, you don't look like someone who have been working for SNKP as freelance or someone who has any contact/info about SNKP and their work. So no, I don't belive you at all. I think you are trolling us.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:10:51 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 06, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »
I find it extremely hard to believe that sNKP won't eventually release this game on consoles. Why go through all the hard work to rework 12 into the game that it is now(13) just to let it be arcade only? Just doesn't make sense.

Although they are really shooting themselves in the foot by not releasing any kind of info regarding the game. Afterall, we are in a time where fighters are peaking and to be honest, it looks like it will slow down pretty fast and soon. Hell, the majority of toolbags at SRK don't even realize that the game has been patched and all the infinites and bugs are long gone.

Also, as much as I like KOF, this is just another case of a developer not caring about the fans outside of Japan. If anything, SNKP is following in the same footing as Sega and the Virtua Fighter series. I'll never understand why some developers love to just ignore the overall majority of gamers that they have in others countries while only relying on just that one country to support their games. You'd think they would want to make more money by releasing the game at a much bigger capacity. Hell, you just know they would make a shit load of money on Latin America alone.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: April 06, 2011, 07:23:55 AM »
eh honestly, I think that with both games is more of a case of ''those fans don't give a crap about us, so we will not either

Virtua Fighter was heavily pushed as far as I know in the states in the beginning, but in the end the game just slowly faded away, the same could be said with KOF, even though SNKP should try to do something better

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: April 06, 2011, 03:25:26 PM »
another offtopic but it was so funny to read this

1. Gundam Extreme Versus (276.8 points)
2. Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (259.4 points)
3. Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion (241.5 points)
4. Super Street Fighter 4 AE (197.3 points)
5. Melty Blood AA Current Code (111.5 points)
6. Blazblue CSII (92.7 points)
7. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (79.1 points)
8. Street Fighter III 3rd Strike (70.5 points)
9. Arcana Heart 3 (68.7 points)
10. Gundam vs. Gundam NEXT (65.3 points)

sf2 turbo and 3d strike over kof 13 or 2002um .... LMAO
that s top 10 arcadia btw

... about kof and especially about playmore i stopped to care - if or when it comes out i might pick up kof again or if 2002um makes it on psn with decent online code but it's getting ridiculous to just wait in vain - hello SF 4 AE =))

Virtua Fighter above Tekken? What the...

Maybe ppl are waiting for Tekken Tag or something? I thought VF was done for.

Capcom doing really good.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1675 on: April 06, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
Hell, you just know they would make a shit load of money on Latin America alone.
Maybe the most pirated game in latin america - lol

I don't think playmore would make that much money by releasing 13 without a very aggresive marketing campaign and spending a shit load of money, time to promote it - resources they obvious lack and frankly it's to late for 13 to be a big seller - also i think they spent a lot for the arcade release in japan and right now from what i see and hear most of the arcades took the game out.Look at MvC 3 - seriously it's a mediocre TvC rehash and most people bought it because of the hype - it is fun for the first week but after i felt like i have autism - just doing the same shit over and over and most of the characters play the same - glad i borrowed it from a friend and not spent 60$ for it - it's a 30-35$ title at best.Also MK team has done a hell lot of PR campaigns , released a demo and doing that 20 000 $ tournament as a campaign to sell the game.
Right now i just hope for a new GG (or an online version of XXAC) and maybe 2002 um on psn - 13 will only make playmore loose money and  the last chunk of credibility they have as a "gaming company".Maybe we will see it in 2080 on a Playmore Classic Collection for the neo geo portable X1000 :))
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:44:01 PM by KBlackNoah »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: April 06, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
Hell, you just know they would make a shit load of money on Latin America alone.

I don't think playmore would make that much money by releasing 13 without a very aggresive marketing campaign and spending a shit load of money, time to promote it - resources they obvious lack and frankly it's to late for 13 to be a big seller - also i think they spent a lot for the arcade release in japan and right now from what i see and hear most of the arcades took the game out.Look at MvC 3 - seriously it's a mediocre TvC rehash and most people bought it because of the hype - it is fun for the first week but after i felt like i have autism - just doing the same shit over and over and most of the characters play the same - glad i borrowed it from a friend and not spent 60$ for it - it's a 30-35$ title at best.Also MK team has done a hell lot of PR campaigns , released a demo and doing that 20 000 $ tournament as a campaign to sell the game.
Right now i just hope for a new GG (or an online version of XXAC) and maybe 2002 um on psn - 13 will only make playmore loose money and  the last chunk of credibility they have as a "gaming company".Maybe we will see it in 2080 on a Playmore Classic Collection for the neo geo portable X1000 :))

Nah, all they have to do is release it so ppl can play the damn thing. The thriving tournament/stream scene in NA alone can do a lot to promote the game.

If BB, AH3, MB, MK3U etc. can have a constant presence in tournaments then I don't see why 13 can't.

krazykone123

« Reply #1677 on: April 06, 2011, 05:52:51 PM »

Right now i just hope for a new GG (or an online version of XXAC) and maybe 2002 um on psn - 13 will only make playmore loose money and  the last chunk of credibility they have as a "gaming company".Maybe we will see it in 2080 on a Playmore Classic Collection for the neo geo portable X1000 :))

Nah, all they have to do is release it so ppl can play the damn thing. The thriving tournament/stream scene in NA alone can do a lot to promote the game.

If BB, AH3, MB, MK3U etc. can have a constant presence in tournaments then I don't see why 13 can't.

True, the SoCal (& NorCal, and I suppose NYC) crew(s) have been pushing the game pretty hard ever since they got their hands on it, it's just seems like SNKP ain't willing to follow through with it, which is sad because if they were willing XIII would've been the KOF game to put SNKP on the map in the USA no doubt.

Guess we just have to work with what we got.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:07 PM »
If people on facebook can get Betty White on SNL, we as a communty can put kof on the map even snkp

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #1679 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:18 PM »
Lol
Do you belive that the prime target for fighting games is the competitive scene?With that money they can't even pay for the coffee the developers drank.A maximum 10% let's say and even that is divided into fan groups.Why to you think they put x factor in mvc 3 and in mk you do the x ray move by pressing 2 buttons ..lmao
This shit is made flashy and dirt stupid for the casual gamers.The streams help a bit esspecially in keeping an interest in a game but they don't contribute much to a profit.99% of my friends who normaly don t play fighting games pre ordered MK!! I was thinking of buying the tournament edition for the stick and guess what - on amazon is sold out.MK will be a block buster and will sell at least double than mvc 3 because it's flashy and because they actually gave a shit and spent a hell lot money and resources for development and PR.All the sites dealing with game reviews already are filled with tons of info , videos, interviews ..the whole shits.That is called proper advertising - the streams will never equal that because a handfull of people watch them.
I bet anyone that Mk will reach 1 mil copies the first week easy

KOF 13 will only sell good if they put it at a low price like 40$, later release at least 4 new teams for dlc like 10$ a team or disscount when buying them all together.V good online at least ggpo standards and be more present in the mainstream gaming news.Also i liked the idea that mk will have some kind of one time code to prevent reseling - if you buy a used copy you will have to pay 10 bucks i think to go online.Piracy will also hurt them a lot so they need to find a way to activate your copy only through internet and it will sell  out in latin america and china  ;)