Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547642 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2010, 03:15:32 AM »
Strangely, you can drive cancel on blocked. (If I recall).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:58:14 AM by Kane317 »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2010, 03:25:13 AM »
I stand corrected.  Oh well.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2010, 04:00:00 AM »
I stand corrected.  Oh well.

Hang on, I remember seeing it in the beta videos, and I think I've done it before, but you got me second guessing myself.  I'll just have to test it out.

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2010, 06:52:59 AM »
It's silly if you can't, it would add a nice dimension to the gameplay. Baiting and punishing blowbacks; keeping blockstrings safe/offense going; and just other general gimmicks/trickery.

SHwoKing

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2010, 11:27:11 AM »
It's silly if you can't, it would add a nice dimension to the gameplay. Baiting and punishing blowbacks; keeping blockstrings safe/offense going; and just other general gimmicks/trickery.

That's silly if you can. I dont' wanna see another SFIV where you can mash DP and stay safe. That's the thing that is silly and make me stop playing SFIV.

BTW, Japanese Wiki stated that you can only DC on Hit and a french living in Japan told the same.

Also, don't confound Drive Cancel and Super Cancel. Super Cancel can be done on hit or on Block. There's an exception to it though : fireballs, you don't have to wait for your fireball to connect to SC.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »

That's silly if you can. I dont' wanna see another SFIV where you can mash DP and stay safe. That's the thing that is silly and make me stop playing SFIV.

BTW, Japanese Wiki stated that you can only DC on Hit and a french living in Japan told the same.

Also, don't confound Drive Cancel and Super Cancel. Super Cancel can be done on hit or on Block. There's an exception to it though : fireballs, you don't have to wait for your fireball to connect to SC.

I'm ignorant when it comes to SFIV, does FADC take meter?  Coz drive canceling does.  If the opponent wants to use his cancels for trickery then I'm all for it, I'll take that over 50% 1 cancel combos.

SHwoKing

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2010, 12:10:15 PM »
Yes FADC require half of full Super meter so you can't do it sa much as you want. But if you are ignorant about SFIV, i can told you that this is annoying. Especially when with some characters you can reversal -> FADC on reaction regarding if your reversal hit or is blocked.
i.e, Daigo likes to play SFIV but always say that the game is too defensive for his taste. And FADC is a part of it.

I like the way SNK have implement nowadays fighting game's classical cancels in KOF so that you cannot overabuse them in all sort of ways.

But that's just my opinion, much people likes to be able to reversal and stay safe or add more option to their block strings using cancel. I think KOF as already a lot of options to keep the offense so it isn't much of a problem.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:15:06 PM by SHwoKing »

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »
I'll just leave these here

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11734890

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11735158

Good Takuma and Kyo gameplay in the first one, haven't watched the 2nd yet

SHwoKing

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2010, 12:49:53 PM »
Best vids i saw so far. Every character are really well played and looks all very powerful. I lve to see those Takuma combo i have read on the Japanese BBS, so powerful !

BTW, you should have post them where they should be : in the KOF XIII videos thread. But thanks for sharing anyway.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2010, 12:53:21 PM »
Is Kyo's HCB+B safe on block vs anyone who isn't a grappler?

Haha@Tengu mask EX glitch.  Damn. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:15:55 PM by TYRANNICAL »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

SHwoKing

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2010, 01:33:18 PM »
Regarding the vidéos posted by JeremyH and fiol lately, we can again start to debate on HD Mode usefullness.

You can see in this videos that Iori, Kyo and Yuri use HD combos. Especially Kyo.

I think using HD Mode or not is really conditionned by the character you are currently playing. I guess Kyo don't have a good use of DC so it's better to use the HD meter for HD mode.
The other HD combos we saw are really situational, the player open opponent's guard with jump or light attacks and have a full HD meter. He is able to launch an HD combo from their and this is what he is doing.

For Takuma's case, HD mode is not very usefull as his corner combo using Zanretsuken to DC Kyokugen Houken is so powerfull that it is usually enough by itself to deal massive damage. Not to mention that Takuma is able to build a lot of meter this way unlike HD mode combo wher you don't build meter at all.

For Elisabeth, she barely doesn't need HD meter at all but can come in handy when she has no Super meter.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:35:27 PM by SHwoKing »

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2010, 10:34:12 PM »
Yes FADC require half of full Super meter so you can't do it sa much as you want. But if you are ignorant about SFIV, i can told you that this is annoying. Especially when with some characters you can reversal -> FADC on reaction regarding if your reversal hit or is blocked.
i.e, Daigo likes to play SFIV but always say that the game is too defensive for his taste. And FADC is a part of it.

reversal wakeup uppercuts in sf4 are why i'm taking up KoF13 hahahhaha god i hate reversals in sf4. that game is soo frustrating sometimes, its stupid hhahaha
In it to win it!

mp3play3r

• New Challenger
  • 'Sup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2010, 12:00:34 AM »
Any news on Adel?
GGPO: mp3play3r
KOF'98/UM: Kyo, Vice, Iori - O. Yashiro, Mature, O. Chris
KOF2k2UM: Kyo-1, Vice, Andy -  Mature, Nameless, Iori

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 14, 2010, 12:25:29 AM »
Any news on Adel?

I think at this point it's safe to say he's not in, the official Mook has no word of him either.  I could be wrong but it's unlikely at this point.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:18 PM »
Takuma's case, HD mode is not very usefull as his corner combo using Zanretsuken to DC Kyokugen Houken is so powerfull that it is usually enough by itself to deal massive damage.
what happens when you are not in the corner? Takuma by far has the easiest way to hit confirm into HD mode... his command grab... plus he does 70% with just 1 meter...
reversal wakeup uppercuts in sf4 are why i'm taking up KoF13 hahahhaha god i hate reversals in sf4. that game is soo frustrating sometimes, its stupid hhahaha
KOFXIII has reversal wake up command grab or grab DM... it also has fully invincible DPs... so will you hate this game too? learn to play risk vs. reward... nothing is safe...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!