Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread

Started by krazykone123, July 28, 2010, 06:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demoninja

From my understanding, what was said was supposed to only have been said and that's that. It was not supposed to be written up in any way shape or form so Orochinagi took it down to respect SNK's wishes. Then they somehow got approval to put it back up so they did.

MUSOLINI

pretty much confirming it true. also we all knew 13 was coming, but knowing its coming this year makes me extra happy. im about to start my own company in another country and got a lot of real life issues coming up. at least my computer needs will be dealt with with 13.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

KBlackNoah

Quote from: Cibernetico on April 18, 2011, 06:38:22 AM
Not for nothing, but I would like to know why the translated stuff was removed in the first place. I don't know about the rest of you, but there had to be a good reason as to why the site was told to remove it by whoever told them to(SNKp most likely). Reason I want to know is because we live in an age where anything can easily be leaked and in the gaming industry, it's very common. Like I said, I just want to know why they were asked to remove it.

because of what i said earlier - they don't want some random guy to make the announcement for them ... maybe that's why they added this line (which was not in the original article) written with bolt "I am not allowed to make any official statements on behalf of SNKP but I will say the game will be released before the end of 2011. "
Now i want to see an official statement and it's a wrap :)

Shiranui_ninja

Quote from: KBlackNoah on April 18, 2011, 02:36:11 AM
there is no interview in which they state that stupid thing so just leave it.

When SNKP announced KOF XIII, I think was Mr.Kukino, who said that even after release KOF XII they never stop working on XIII. We see KOF XII and KOF XIII as different games (because is what they are), but for SNKP always has been the same project. The project probably was too big for them or the development process was slower than they thought, but they told that there was a moment in wich they decided to release KOF XII because they were unable to continue. Probably because they decided to change all and do something more similar to KOF2002UM (KOF XIII). At this point they had to options, sell what they made or just start from the beginning what would mean don't have benefits and kill the hype. I heard too that was Ignition who pushed to release KOF XII.

This is not my theory and is not what I think trying to justify KOF XII as fanboy. Is what I read some time ago. If it's true or just bullshit (or what is true, what not) I cannot truly sure you because I'm just a forum user, not anybody related to SNKP or Ignition. But is what I read, not what I want to belive.

But if you want to belive that SNKP released KOF XII because they want to fuck kofers or because don't know how to do games, OK, go ahead.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

MUSOLINI

man theyve had soo much time between the arcacde release and the console release that when it finally comes im expecting at least 1 new team, bg and songs. all done with endings and all that, and simple thingsa like special team endings and such.

who knows, we might get lucky and get 2 or even 3 teams, fuck yeah. if we do get 2 or 3 teams im gonna go crazy if yamazaki and oswald aint in it. agents team and 96 boss team would be the shit. but i think i heard (read) that botan was gonna be one of them soo.....

KBlackNoah

QuoteBut if you want to belive that SNKP released KOF XII because they want to fuck kofers or because don't know how to do games, OK, go ahead.

no no
it was just a business opportunity that is all. i am pissed off because XIII was the real game we should have gotten for that moneyz.

le: http://orochinagi.com/2011/04/another-taito-x2-game-hacked  - toasty?

THE ANSWER

I was reading about that new hack earlier today,  I wonder if they'll beat SNKP to the punch on the XIII release. Regardless if they do I think that it will only benefit the community cause with the console exclusive content a hacked Arcade version will be worthless for the players and since they will be hooked on this shit they'll just go buy the real console version day one, I know I will!!!. Also I have a feeling that if they do hack XIII it will be V.1.0 for some reason.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

KBlackNoah

Quote from: THE ANSWER on April 18, 2011, 10:09:31 PM
I was reading about that new hack earlier today,  I wonder if they'll beat SNKP to the punch on the XIII release. Regardless if they do I think that it will only benefit the community cause with the console exclusive content a hacked Arcade version will be worthless for the players and since they will be hooked on this shit they'll just go buy the real console version day one, I know I will!!!. Also I have a feeling that if they do hack XIII it will be V.1.0 for some reason.

Depends...
If the hack is up before the preorder i will not buy XIII the first day untill i get some reviews that the netcode is at least at sf4 standards.If the net code sucks balls i will play the hack untill the console port is dirt cheap.And i think a lot of people are in doubt especially with the online from XII and will wait just like me for feedback and play that hacked stuff .. even if it's version 1
So this might be a little threat for playmore and a total disaster if the netcode is not decent.We' ll just have to see if they hack it :)
If there will be no hack is a day one for me and for a lot of people for sure

MUSOLINI

KBlackNoah

Quote from: MUSOLINI on April 19, 2011, 03:54:00 AM
good for you but who gives a what.

sorry man i am to busy to respond right now -  im about to start my own company in another country and got a lot of real life issues coming up.

sibarraz

well, problem with the hack is that doesn't includes online, or whatever extra SNK will try to add

In the other hand, that a SNKP includes online doesn't mean anything good : (

Waifu Material

Eripio69

I wish they hack it. That will force SNKp to make an exceptional online play.

Giby

The game being hacked won't help SNKP, and it will not force them to do anything with online play. It will help them lose sales on a product that many have been anticipating for nearly a year. While many of us here care for online play, there are players out there who just want to play it offline. If the game gets hacked and playable on PC, they won't have any reason to purchase it on console other than achievements, cause that's crack to many gamers these days.
www.snk-capcom.com
www.arcadeshock.com

Eripio69

Quote from: Giby on April 19, 2011, 01:24:25 PM
The game being hacked won't help SNKP, and it will not force them to do anything with online play. It will help them lose sales on a product that many have been anticipating for nearly a year. While many of us here care for online play, there are players out there who just want to play it offline. If the game gets hacked and playable on PC, they won't have any reason to purchase it on console other than achievements, cause that's crack to many gamers these days.

Sorry but I completely disagree. We are talking about a fighting game where Versus is the most important thing.

Shiranui_ninja

Quote from: JohnCrawley on April 19, 2011, 02:46:51 PM
Quote from: Giby on April 19, 2011, 01:24:25 PM

Sorry but I completely disagree. We are talking about a fighting game where Versus is the most important thing.

I agree with Giby. There is a casual multitude there who like fighting games but not to play online, they like play offline to gett achivements, see the story, the endings, challenges.. things like that, or to play it with their friends offline some weekend. I know many of them. They like KOF (the ones I know) and they are waiting to see XIII, but if they have the chance to get the game for free they are not going to buy it for sure.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature