Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547868 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #315 on: August 27, 2010, 04:10:57 AM »
Oh by the way Kane, is it true that you can change the music when pressing start button before the fight begins ?

I don't suppose why not but I never paid attention, especially when to our left we have Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania (or whatever they call it now) and to our right is Beatmanix Sirius and DDR machines o_O.  The Answer actually brings earplugs, it's that bad.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 27, 2010, 08:13:12 AM »
Chang and Choi (and most older KOF characters I think) would benefit from Maxima-style revamps. Where they keep some of their trademark moves, but get some new moves that match their existing style, yet are functionally very different.

What I'm saying is I think they should half-way revamp the character's gameplay, while staying true to their original style.

And I'd be happy with all those characters returning. (Although I suspect this was just a tease.)

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2010, 10:17:59 AM »
^^ YES!!!!!!  No matter WHAT happens, Chang MUST have the tap P ball spin!!!!!!  Additionally I think the B~F P move is a must as well

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 27, 2010, 12:05:33 PM »
Hey guys. New poster on a nice KOF forum here :D Tnx for the awesome videos. Keep them coming :D

I think XIII has nothing to be jealous form SF/BB. It is a solid game with a decent roster, moves, story.

I want to know why SNKp didn't add John Crawley to KOF yet:( His moves are so unique and SNK will bring back some nostalgia by adding him. A team of John Crawley, Mickey Rogers and Lee pai long would rock, although they wasted lee in NGBC :(

Anyway awesome page and sorry for my bad english :P

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 27, 2010, 12:21:12 PM »
Hey guys. New poster on a nice KOF forum here :D Tnx for the awesome videos. Keep them coming :D

I think XIII has nothing to be jealous form SF/BB. It is a solid game with a decent roster, moves, story.

I want to know why SNKp didn't add John Crawley to KOF yet:( His moves are so unique and SNK will bring back some nostalgia by adding him. A team of John Crawley, Mickey Rogers and Lee pai long would rock, although they wasted lee in NGBC :(

Anyway awesome page and sorry for my bad english :P

Welcome to the forums JohnCrawley, you should formally introduce yourself here!

As for the character John Crawley, I don't remember how he plays, but I have a feeling most of the characters from now on are either old KOF characters, or new characters completely (I think if they were going to add him, they would have added him in the last 13 versions by now). :(

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2010, 04:34:01 PM »
crawley is shit, just like most aof characters and the aof games. any character that was mildly interresting from aof has already made its way into kof. im sorry, but id rather even see momoko or choi instead of jhon. hes hinako bad.

either way, if yamazaki and oswald make it to the next kof ill be one happy guy. if 96 boss team would make it too (loved the krauser/raoh fansprite) then i couldnt care less what kind of other characters they place in the game. though i wouldnt mind seeing mary and vanessa return as well. theyd look smexy in hd, yamazaki would look too pimp. weve already seen a glimpse of hd poswald, and that was without the 13 shading.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2010, 04:38:30 PM »
yamazaki, vanessa and adel.

and a sidenote on verborhea.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2010, 06:47:15 PM »
AOF 2 is my favorite fighting game from the old ones. Well Kane, Raiden and Hwa from FF joined so I won't lose hope:P

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 27, 2010, 08:23:45 PM »
Vanessa, Yamazaki, Chris (both versions), Yashiro (both versions), Whip, Maylee would make this the best KOF ever for me.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

the_judge

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 27, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
Vanessa, Yamazaki, Chris (both versions), Yashiro (both versions), Whip, Maylee would make this the best KOF ever for me.

we don't need another 2k2 remake. only this time with EX moves.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 27, 2010, 08:48:56 PM »
exactly, let the dead stay dead. i wouldnt mind if we lost hwa and the orochi girls as well in 14.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 27, 2010, 09:06:59 PM »
I'm still waiting for that brand new character

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 27, 2010, 09:16:22 PM »
HEIDERN

'nuff said

Judge Fudge

• Rising Dragon
  • Judiciously Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2010, 09:53:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, XIII isn't a dream match game, so a lot of characters might have story line reasons as to why they're absent.  Just throwing in whoever wouldn't work given the plot.  I don't normally care about story lines in fighting games, but KOF is so plot heavy it makes sense.  However, XIII is the end of a story line arc, and if patterns hold true, then the next KOF game should be a dream match, so everybody and their grandmother should be in it.

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »
however, given the brutal amount of work that went into making xii/xiii, jumping from 33 to ... hell, i don't even know how many they are, might be a bit of a stretch. there's just no way they can pull that off. i even doubt they'll really kill any charas for the next one, regardless of whether or not it's a new chapter.

could it be like a 1 chapter story?

@ the answer: really? may lee? whip? really?
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^