Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 553677 times)

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2010, 01:18:49 AM »
IMHO Dropkick is mostly ok, but they should remove the ability to cancel into it from guard cancel CD, and lower how much guard damage it does. Perhaps make the recovery a bit worse on block.

I'm glad that a button charge move is finally good in a fighting game. Like SAB-CA mentioned, there has rarely been an instance of a button charge move that is actually worth the handicap it gives you (TAP, Bull Horn, etc.)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 29, 2010, 03:27:09 AM »
And hey, DarKaoZ, haven't see you around in a while! Yo!
Sup, SAB-CA! Yeah, it's been a while, I got a 1 month ban in GAF and I rarely comment here, because I haven't played the game and I just end up reading people info. But I'm still around, just busy with my website and life. lol

But this is kinda of off topic. so going back to the topic, I don't know, I think it would be unfair to take off Raiden Drop kick, maybe they should take away the ability to link it. But well, that is just a though, still need to play the game.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 29, 2010, 06:04:32 AM »
just lower the damage and the problm is fixed, dont know wtf people are bickering about when it can be solved easily.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 29, 2010, 12:20:36 PM »
Since we'll probably get a nerfed Raiden by the console release, I'll honestly miss XIII's version of Sagat. Some fighting game final bosses don't get discussed this much for the need to be nerfed; I would've loved to develop winning strategies against him with low or mid tier characters.
IIRC the strategy to deal with Raiden's Drop Kicks is to RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN.  Problem is that with the damage he gets, Raiden has the fastest way to kill any character I've ever seen.  So very risky.  On top of that once he has stock, him blocking you is now a risk because if he gets a CH Guard Cancel, that's like 80% life gone right there.  This Drop Kick is something else.  That move alone resulted in less Kyo and Liz appearances.

We gotta wait and see how SNKP handles it.  KOF has been a series that lets BS run wild.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 29, 2010, 06:46:05 PM »
nah man 98 has some of the least bs of any fighter, id dare say at least 80% of the cast is viable in tournament play, maybe even more.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2010, 12:05:06 AM »
What can Takuma combo off of cr. ;b without meter?

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2010, 08:38:03 AM »
he can do a 40% combo thanks to ex bug... and a 100% given some meter... lol

remxi: Raiden's drop kick is maybe by far the best charge move ever created... but don't forget SC4 Hilde...

musolini: damage is fine... just gotta make only 1 charge possible at a time...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

itpcruz08

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2010, 04:32:31 PM »
It's weird that in the list they mentioned 98, but not 98UM

Waifu Material

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2010, 11:36:06 PM »
Anyone care to translate for us?

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: October 01, 2010, 02:16:39 AM »
I think it's just announcing "Dueling the KoF" which is a yearly(?) tournament that runs at a-cho featuring a wide selection of games from the series. It often draws competitors from China/Taiwan/Korea etc. and will undoubtedly have top level play. There are lots of vids of the earlier events floating around on youtube.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: October 01, 2010, 05:28:43 AM »
like the korea vs japan or china vs japan 98 vids?

edit: at mastaroth, why do it like that and make his combos less instead of just lowering the damage and still having the threat of having 2 dropkicks stored.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: October 04, 2010, 06:31:26 PM »
because then a player will choose to either store B or D charge... and play their game according to that... and use the "drop kick" WISELY...

don't forget if he has meter he can do upto additional 50% or maybe more minus the damage from the drop kick... so having 2 "safe" & "invincible" moves every 12-16 seconds is a bit too much...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: October 04, 2010, 07:36:21 PM »
not 12, 16 seconds. and if the damage is lowered to 200 or 175 it would hardly matter. youd be giving up anything CD related, AB related and command throws.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 05, 2010, 05:20:27 AM »
not 12, 16 seconds. and if the damage is lowered to 200 or 175 it would hardly matter. youd be giving up anything CD related, AB related and command throws.
Except Raiden can still do GCCD, which is probably the only thing that really screams "unfair" to me.

There are lots of possible ways to balance out his drop kick, but what I'd most like them to do is cap his regular drop kick as level 3, which is a little less safe/damaging. If a move is going to be as damaging, high-priority and safe as his level 4, I think it needs to cost some stock. So they could give Raiden an EX drop kick. Both buttons charged for 12 seconds = his old level 4 drop kick.

This way, Raiden gets something in return for the nerf: He can now charge a level 4 drop kick four seconds faster than before.

But he can no longer link two level 4s together, his normal drop kicks won't be as invincible, and may of his old 100%s won't work because he needs a bar to do the level 4. To me, this would remove all of the really stupid Raiden stuff, without making the character less fun to play.

Just my two cents.