Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547858 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #705 on: October 14, 2010, 12:20:28 AM »
Cool. And here I was thinking you'd have to wait a few more weeks for the HDD to arrive. Kinda shows how much SNK at least was giving a damn that they got the NA cabs the patch asap. Wonder if the other NA arcades got it as fast as you guys.

Well our owner is from HK, and he orders everything from HK so I guess technically SNK gives a damn about HK, and by extension he/we got it. =)  Wonder what's going on with Arcade UFO.

---
In other news, I think we have 4-5 people on board, in AI, to do the ratio system for our upcoming tourney  (Oct 23rd), we might get everyone else on board, but otherwise we do have a few confirmations.  Our ratio system will be slightly altered most likely, but pretty true to the Japanese (I'll ask all the participants to suggest their own proposed point system and probably average out the points).
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 12:57:29 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 14, 2010, 01:45:25 AM »
Wait a minute! I saw him remove the entire V1.0 HDD from the board. Does that mean if has another taito X2 laying around we could have 2 KOF XIII running?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »
Wait a minute! I saw him remove the entire V1.0 HDD from the board. Does that mean if has another taito X2 laying around we could have 2 KOF XIII running?

I'm assuming they'll make him ship back the first one.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 14, 2010, 02:31:26 AM »
Question about the ratio system. If Raiden and K are worth 5 points each and the ratio only calls for you not to pass 5 points altogether, how exactly would it work if someone wants to pick K or Raiden? Would they have to forfeit the rest of the match if K or Raiden get eliminated?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 14, 2010, 02:41:42 AM »
Question about the ratio system. If Raiden and K are worth 5 points each and the ratio only calls for you not to pass 5 points altogether, how exactly would it work if someone wants to pick K or Raiden? Would they have to forfeit the rest of the match if K or Raiden get eliminated?

Pick the other two characters from the zero category.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 14, 2010, 06:38:47 AM »

Can't they make a few extra bucks putting that 13 in another cab for a few days?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 14, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »

Can't they make a few extra bucks putting that 13 in another cab for a few days?

The Answer had the same idea, as good as it sounds it wouldn't make much business sense and it's like getting two kof XIII for the price of one.  Wouldn't make sense to them if you ask me.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 14, 2010, 08:03:28 AM »
Regulars are gonna ask: WTF does liking a character have anything to do with how good they should be?  

I don't see the point of these ratio systems.  Some of these players have been tier whoring for ages.  You can't even look up a KOF game that doesn't have obvious tier whoring.  They abuse infinites and glitches whenever they can in the name of victory.  What makes it even more pointless is that you already have players that can win without top tiers and have done it before.  A Mai player made #2 at SBO.  So what's the point of these ratio systems?  

They need a ratio system to force them to play different characters?  They're that scared of defeat?  That can't be it.  If you feel you cannot win without top tiers then play the damn top tiers.  If you feel you can, then do it.  Why do you need a ratio system to promote what others players have been doing the entire time?  is 2002 UM going to get a ratio system too?  I see K', Nameless, Kasumi running rampant in that game.

agree

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
Regulars are gonna ask: WTF does liking a character have anything to do with how good they should be?  

I don't see the point of these ratio systems.  Some of these players have been tier whoring for ages.  You can't even look up a KOF game that doesn't have obvious tier whoring.  They abuse infinites and glitches whenever they can in the name of victory.  What makes it even more pointless is that you already have players that can win without top tiers and have done it before.  A Mai player made #2 at SBO.  So what's the point of these ratio systems?  

They need a ratio system to force them to play different characters?  They're that scared of defeat?  That can't be it.  If you feel you cannot win without top tiers then play the damn top tiers.  If you feel you can, then do it.  Why do you need a ratio system to promote what others players have been doing the entire time?  is 2002 UM going to get a ratio system too?  I see K', Nameless, Kasumi running rampant in that game.

agree

I think it's more so to demonstrate that you can play a variety of characters.  I think it's more on the lines of, "we already know you can win with those characters but what can you do with different characters."

We're also talking about a full random tournament as well down the road for kicks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:21:07 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 14, 2010, 08:19:58 AM »
Well let's hope he gets to keep it since He does have 2 taito x2 boards laying in his office and I'm sure we would all love a second setup, all we would do is softban the infinites. Crazy thing is that he showed me the Hard drive and it's the same "Segate" Hdd that I've seen at fry's and staples for around $60 bucks.

Funny story Romance our most notorious Mature player showed up today after they did the update and I told him that her infinite is gone he said "really?! Than forget her I'll just start playing Elizabeth" I was laughing cause he didn't even use Mature as an alternate for the entire night. Was she really good only because of her infinit?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 14, 2010, 08:25:43 AM »
Funny story Romance our most notorious Mature player showed up today after they did the update and I told him that her infinite is gone he said "really?! Than forget her I'll just start playing Elizabeth" I was laughing cause he didn't even use Mature as an alternate for the entire night. Was she really good only because of her infinit?

I think she's gotta be a solid mid character even without her infinites.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 14, 2010, 09:06:17 AM »
Haha my dad works for Seagate!!!!!!

Good to hear the news about the update!!  Come oooonnnn VICE, RALF, and HWA-JAI!!!!!!  I want HELLLLLLA footage out of them now and there are NO excuses (can not WAIT to see Reynalds' Vice!!)

P.S. I picked up Vice in 98UM with some friends and I am DIGGING HER STYLE!!!!!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 14, 2010, 09:24:23 AM »
(can not WAIT to see Reynalds' Vice!!)

P.S. I picked up Vice in 98UM with some friends and I am DIGGING HER STYLE!!!!!!

There's already 4-5 clips of Reynald's Vice, did you miss them?  BTW Paul, did you find a place to stay and when you're coming?  If I didn't live with my gf and a roommate I'd offer you a place but it's not really my say. =(
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 09:29:02 AM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #718 on: October 14, 2010, 10:09:43 AM »
I think it's more so to demonstrate that you can play a variety of characters.  I think it's more on the lines of, "we already know you can win with those characters but what can you do with different characters."

That's the point. Without the ratio system probably it doesn't make sense choose other characters besides K', Raiden and Iori-Liz-Kyo-Kula. And well, videos of the tournament could be really out of interest and help people to get bored of this game. Of course, is something that it depens on players.

About Mature, I remember a vid with a very high skilled Mature player who played her without the infinite and he played very very well, showing that Mature is a dangerous and effective fighter. But she probably needs strategy, it's not like Kula or Liz.

Sad Romance's comment about Mature and Liz...

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 14, 2010, 11:19:50 AM »

Since the guy knows that you like KOF so much why he didn't order 2 machines from the beginning? I bet he would have made the money for them fast. But since the fiasco of XII I think anyone in his shoes would buy only 1.

How much do you pay per play?