Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547631 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #960 on: November 09, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
Personally, I see this a great news.  If Japan is complaining as well (where, let's face it, is SNK's primary target), then there's a good chance that they'll REALLY address this issue before XIII comes out.  (Same really goes for the Dropkicks)

Our biggest chance was with v1.1, don't think they will do another expensive update just to fix him.

There's still hope with console though.

Apparently you are confused as to how tournaments work.  

It doesn't matter how many people WANT KOF at Evo.  What matters is how many people show up.  Tournaments need numbers.  If KOF is to be at Evo, KOF players need to be at Evo.  I'm tired of these "rally the troops" thread.  They don't do anything.  If you are going to have a list of people, it better a list of people guaranteed to show up.

That's not how it works either, you don't just get a bunch of ppl and show up to Evo to get the game there.

You have to show them beforehand that there is a flourishing community for the game by holding tournaments and gatherings of your own etc.

krazykone123

« Reply #961 on: November 09, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
So I started a thread on SRK called KOF XIII@EVO 2011. So as a Community for KOF we have to let our voices be heard. here is the link: http://shoryuken.com/f2/kof-xiii%40evo-2011-a-256328/

edit: For those of you that have a facebook I have also started a group for KOF XIII@EVO and my idea is to get as many members as possible and then when they start making the line up for EVO show them how many members we have and how many people want KOF XIII@EVO. here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_128277760562925#!/home.php?sk=group_128277760562925

No no no, not a good idea, voting for this game to be at Evo at the moment would be really ass-backwards, KOF doesn't have the numbers (or competitive people) to coerce others into voting for it, sure it has exposure but what the hell will that do if the tourney people don't show up? and not only that, what if the one's that do show up are just scrubs? that wouldn't make our community look good now would it? seriously think about, you want this game at Evo? then you better change that "Please vote for my game to be at this Big name tournament" mindset and start busting your ass to recruit some dedicated people that actually play the game (on a competitve level) and will show up at tournaments, until that gets done there's no point for voting for this game to be at Evo

Apparently you are confused as to how tournaments work. 

It doesn't matter how many people WANT KOF at Evo.  What matters is how many people show up.  Tournaments need numbers.  If KOF is to be at Evo, KOF players need to be at Evo.  I'm tired of these "rally the troops" thread.  They don't do anything.  If you are going to have a list of people, it better a list of people guaranteed to show up.

Yup yup, couldn't agree more

That's not how it works either, you don't just get a bunch of ppl and show up to Evo to get the game there.

You have to show them beforehand that there is a flourishing community for the game by holding tournaments and gatherings of your own etc.

Welp, I hope you guys plan to play KOF XIII on console until your fingers bleed then, even if the online play ends up sucking

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 09, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
Welp, I hope you guys plan to play KOF XIII on console until your fingers bleed then, even if the online play ends up sucking

... what?

krazykone123

« Reply #963 on: November 09, 2010, 04:50:49 PM »
... what?

Let me elaborate then

What I meant is, if you want KOF XIII at EVO wait for the console version (the version more people will have access to) then play it for the next X months (bringing it to tournaments/tourney's, gatherings, RanBats, etc, because well all know the netplay may very well suck hard), generate hype based on those said tourney's/RanBats/etc, then have people vote for it to be at EVO, then show up and support the game

it's straight forward stuff, but a long droning process

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 09, 2010, 05:04:52 PM »
Hey guys I happy to see that some more of you are interested in putting some effort into bringing KOF XIII @ EVO, but for that subject please go to the designated thread on this forum.

I will give an update on that subject on that thread.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 09, 2010, 05:06:31 PM »
... what?

Let me elaborate then

What I meant is, if you want KOF XIII at EVO wait for the console version (the version more people will have access to) then play it for the next X months (bringing it to tournaments/tourney's, gatherings, RanBats, etc, because well all know the netplay may very well suck hard), generate hype based on those said tourney's/RanBats/etc, then have people vote for it to be at EVO, then show up and support the game

it's straight forward stuff, but a long droning process

Cool, we're on the same page then.

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 09, 2010, 10:11:02 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8UhYI9ZcWg&feature=player_embedded Iplaywinner did an interview with a SNKP rep who came to SoCal regionals. Good stuff to actually get some one on one despite the circumstances.

I do believe they'll be adding subtitles to the video soon if its hard to make out as it is.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 09, 2010, 11:20:15 PM »
it is hard to make out.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

haunts

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 09, 2010, 11:29:44 PM »
Sorry about the audio guys. you can check iplaywinner.com where we have the general overview of the interview. In the next few days ill work on subtitles. I'm also working on getting a follow up text interview with Shinya as well. :)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:22 PM »
Something I've been meaning to ask to you guys. Does anyone wish they would have kept some of the characters that appeared in KOFXI in 12 and 13? I'm not saying that the characters choices were bad for these last two games, but it just seemed to me KOF was incorporating some of the Garou and other series characters well into the main KOf tourney.

Also, anyone wish they would have kept Terry Bogard looking like his Garou style than going back to his younger look? I thought it was cool to see him develop in the looks department.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 10, 2010, 12:30:21 AM »
The only characters that I'm missing are the buriki one ones (xD) I saw in that roster a lot of potentials characters, like kim student, the boxer etc.

Savage reign don't fit that well in the game though, and the garou ones, I don't know, it seems stupid to reboot the series and forget all the advances with the lonely wolf version that appeared on XI, but I want to see other characters, for example, they could introduce Marco, both Kims, and hopefully Hotaru

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #971 on: November 10, 2010, 01:01:59 AM »
it is hard to make out.

Yeah, the only person I could hear clearly was the white guy, plus it was funny @ 9:39 in the video when the dude danced...
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 10, 2010, 10:47:24 PM »
@Cibernetico I am SOOOOOOOO happy they went back to the classic Terry.  I guess it doesn't matter much with looks but GAMEPLAY!?  I'll take classic over Garou: MOTW ANY day.

Close s.C being two hits = win.  Once he started being all about stuff like triple power charges and brake-able power dunk... I dunno, I just didn't like it QUITE as much.  Also it's pretty cool to finally see Buster Wolf in his old threads!!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 11, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 11, 2010, 04:37:30 PM »
Seems SNK really had the bosses planned out.

http://bbs.kofunion.net/attachment/Mon_1011/99_126653_405eef2aeba5bbc.jpg

I think Magaki's and Saiki's positions should be switched. In their pre-transformed appearances, Saiki's hair often covers part of his face.

Other than that, yeah. Nice foreshadowing, SNK.