Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread  (Read 547675 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1035 on: November 25, 2010, 08:49:58 AM »
im just hoping for more characters from XI ive spent very little time using oswald and momoko but i like them so far

and if they put blue mary in the game in gonna freak

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 25, 2010, 10:33:02 AM »
who knaws, we might get a whole team instead of just botan.

Botan would be very cool to play as.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 10:50:24 AM by Gravelneed »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 25, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
Moved the tier balancing talk and reopened the balance thread to here:

Balance issues and constructive suggestions

---

Do a new sprite, like Botan, just for this game and to never appear again seems pretty unbelievable... Unless they are planning bring back her again on next chapter, something like Botan's revenge, who knows... But for me sounds more reasonable re-birth some classic characters like Blue Mary, Billy Kane or Yamazaki, who can make the cut on next chapter.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:31:35 AM by Kane317 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 25, 2010, 02:23:36 PM »
I said in other place, the same could have been said for Iori Team in 96, the new face team, nests team, or lots of other cases of guys that had disappeared and/or died

They could still use them on dreamatches, so yeah, I don't find stupid to create the sprite of botan, or any of those freaks, but yeah, I would love to see more guys from old kofs, or some debuts, like hotaru (yeah, I know that she was in KOF XI in the PS2 version) or more fata fury guys, or maybe the return of kasumi, eiji, or other guys, but better keep this shit of wishlisting on other thread

Waifu Material

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 25, 2010, 03:15:47 PM »
Am I the only one who wants to see John Crawley in KOF? :(

It's not just the sprite of Botan. They need to think about moves, battle stance etc etc. It's kind of waste for just a one time appearance. Anyhow I see Normal Ash, Botan and Adel being the boss team that you will face before Saiki and final boss. I bet XIII will have a boss team cause it looks like SNKp finally got serious.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 25, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »
I still think its BS, how would someone no that unless they were making it up
until snkp prove so its a dumb troll

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1041 on: November 25, 2010, 04:07:54 PM »
One criticism os XIII is that it has absolutely no brand-new characters. Adding someone totally new to a home release (Like Botan, a new Saiki, pre-transformed state, or another TFTP member) would help give people even more reason to move on to new KoF, rather than moving back to 2k2UM/98UM.

SNKP hasn't been aganist making Midbosses and such for single games (Or extra characters for home consoles, like with XI). If Botan ends up similiar to Chizuru (Midboss in a game, regular playable in the next 2), that wouldn't be a waste.

Personally, in the end, I'm less concerned about WHO we get, and that they end up well-implimented into the game. No Liz/Mature fiasco from XII, these characters need full movelist, solid EX abilities, possibly multiple DMs / single DM with a meaningful EX, etc.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #1042 on: November 25, 2010, 05:19:06 PM »
Personally, in the end, I'm less concerned about WHO we get, and that they end up well-implimented into the game. No Liz/Mature fiasco from XII, these characters need full movelist, solid EX abilities, possibly multiple DMs / single DM with a meaningful EX, etc.

What is really going to anger me is to have better extra console characters than some regular characters of the game....

Anyway who is this Twitter guy? Is he working on SNKP/KOFXIII? why we should belive him?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 25, 2010, 07:07:08 PM »
I only know he mentions information about MvC 3 and most of it came out to be true.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:33:35 PM by PureYeti »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1044 on: November 25, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »

It'd be interesting if he came back as, say, a specialk member on an offshoot of the Ikari team. Like maybe he could join Heidern and Whip, as a hired mercenary or transferred agent.

Maybe he could be the Not-as-beefed up military man, to replace Ralf and Clark's previous style....

Though if it came between a fight of him, or Kevin Rian making it into KoF... I'd probably have to pick Kevin XD

What is really going to anger me is to have better extra console characters than some regular characters of the game....

That would be pretty annoying. I do hope some character will get buffs, maybe not just due to "tier raising", but just to make them easier to play. Modified normals/more command normals/a new special or 2/new (EX) DMs would help out some characters. I do hope to see some changes like that.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 26, 2010, 04:20:21 AM »
cawley sucks as a design.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 26, 2010, 05:54:59 AM »

John Crawley is definitely a cool character. But, as cool as it would be to see him return, KOF just has too many military-themed characters already. In fact, Clark's even wearing dark glasses that aren't much different from Crawley's. I just don't think there's much need for him in KOF.

He'd have a better chance appearing in a NGBC sequel, assuming one ever gets made.

Boton would be cool I guess, although nothing we've seen of her suggests she's actually a fighter. She's seems like she's only good at manipulating people behind the scenes. (Which could have made her a cool boss in a KOF game with tagging, but...)

If she is a console character, I think it would be safe to assume that both her and Elizabeth will be in the series for a while. Ash, Vice and Mature are the only XIII characters that won't be appearing in another storyline game.

Also, I really hope SNK doesn't make Saiki playable. He's a cool boss, but he'd be no fun to play as. He can't jump, can't crouch, only has three normals, etc. etc.

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 26, 2010, 10:24:04 PM »
Rumored news about KOFXIII.

Here's the translation from Tokirisan Twitter:

"King of Fighters XIII will bring reveal new character next year, so far
...Botan is confirm as playable character, and more characters."

If this is true, that would be amazing. I've been wanting to play as Botan since KOFXI.
new characterS? wow....How much we have to wait for the console release date

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 26, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »

If she is a console character, I think it would be safe to assume that both her and Elizabeth will be in the series for a while. Ash, Vice and Mature are the only XIII characters that won't be appearing in another storyline game.

Also, I really hope SNK doesn't make Saiki playable. He's a cool boss, but he'd be no fun to play as. He can't jump, can't crouch, only has three normals, etc. etc.

vice and mature have been dead for the longest time and yet not quite gone. besides the fact that there are 2 endings, ash isn't even human. for some reason, the fact he never got around to take Kyo's flame makes me wonder if they skipped to the ending with this game?

i do hope they make a human saiki from scratch.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 27, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »
Hmm... this is the first time I hear about Tokirisan, who is he? How reliable are his info?

Anyways, about the rumor, I expect Adelheid and Human Saiki, because they did his art and we never saw him in action. But Botan is confirmed base on that... hmm... I'm quite intrigued.