Author Topic: Skull Girls  (Read 38341 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 08:32:08 AM »
i still dont know who i really want to main in this game i was thinking valentine and parasoul but i think para is a charge character and im really ass with them

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »
Para is a charge character.  But her charges are only...34 frames I believe.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2012, 09:33:43 AM »
yeah im horrible at reading frames  but im gonna guess the charge time is like a second and a half?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2012, 09:49:07 AM »
yeah im horrible at reading frames  but im gonna guess the charge time is like a second and a half?

Slightly longer than half a second.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
I like Double's nun design, but not so much her actual fighting self.

And yes, she reminds everyone of Arakune.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2012, 02:05:32 AM »
http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/17/skullgirls-full-double-walkthrough-by-mike-z/

Double's Walkthrough.  Notes.

-Gro...fucking...tesque
-Sub-Zero slide...interesting...
-Peacock Car Super = Shin Psycho Crusher.  Great, now I get to relive all the damn nightmares Shin Bison gave me in Street Fighter Alpha 3.
-Pseudo-Ouroborus...is everyone getting Orbs these days?  Strider is not amused.
-Level 3...wow.  THOSE CAMEOS.
-Level 5.  O_O  I have no words.

Also, the game is done, the only thing everyone is waiting for is a release date, so we're waiting on Microsoft and Sony to approve it I guess.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2012, 06:28:49 AM »
dat gradius super

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2012, 06:45:52 AM »
It's just another kind of head-swap. A little more interesting I'll give them that much. But aesthetically the game still doesn't do anything for me. I just never got into heavily-anime-based fighters. I do like Akatsuki Blitzkampf (the early versions) though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2012, 07:08:19 AM »
How is this anime based?  Unless having an airdash automatically makes a game anime based.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2012, 07:24:33 AM »
Yeah, people thinks because it looks the way it looks , it's an uguu kawaii desu anime game, while probably the art is closer to the western cartoon/animations.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2012, 07:33:41 AM »
You'd think Peacock alone would make that a dead giveaway.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2012, 07:35:41 AM »
The art never once reminded me of Western cartoons. I'm no artist but I can appreciate style and expressions and continuity of movement and blocking. And Skullgirls honestly does not look like a Western cartoon. It looks much more like Melty Blood or Under Night in Birth. And it's not just the style but gameplay-wise it just doesn't interest me.

With the exception of Peacock but otherwise I stand by my opinion.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2012, 07:39:40 AM »
That much is fair enough.  I'd just rather not have people dislike the game just because it doesn't appeal to them visually.  But I'd also rather have people not force themselves to like the game even though the actual gameplay doesn't appeal to them.

It's pretty much this, if you didn't like MvC2 for any reason other than balance issues, then you won't like Skullgirls, simple as that unless you're hypocritical.  It was helped being made by a well-known MvC2 player who wanted a true spiritual successor to MvC2.  So it baffles me when I've seen others who I KNOW either openly trashed or just disliked MvC2, to say SG is the Second Coming of the Messiah.  Annoys the hell out of me.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2012, 07:43:04 AM »
I would agree with that. I never got into MVC2 because of the gameplay. The only games with Magic Combos that I like (in fact Love) are Kizuna Encounter and Real Bout 2.

As far as hype you have to chalk at least some that up to sheeple on SRK that are behind anything but won't actually buy it until they beg their parents for money.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:59 AM »
Meh, it's not just SRK, it's everywhere.  And it's not like SG doesn't deserve the hype, I'd just rather it not come from people who knowingly hate the very game it was based off of.