Dream Cancel Forum

News:

Join us in the Dream Cancel Discord Server! CLICK HERE!

Skull Girls

Started by Xxenace, March 04, 2011, 05:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinxhand

Quote from: Delta on February 18, 2012, 07:24:33 AM
Yeah, people thinks because it looks the way it looks , it's an uguu kawaii desu anime game, while probably the art is closer to the western cartoon/animations.

By definition, anything cartoony is anime, regardless of the country of origin... I'll just leave it there for now...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Saitsuofleaves

Well if we consider anime in its most basic form as just a shorthand for saying animation, then yes, anything cartoony would fall under anime.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

Quote from: LouisCipher on February 18, 2012, 07:35:41 AM
The art never once reminded me of Western cartoons. I'm no artist but I can appreciate style and expressions and continuity of movement and blocking. And Skullgirls honestly does not look like a Western cartoon. It looks much more like Melty Blood or Under Night in Birth. And it's not just the style but gameplay-wise it just doesn't interest me.

With the exception of Peacock but otherwise I stand by my opinion.
you know the artist for scott pilgrim did all the art for this game right

edit: wait a sec im wrong alex ahad on did a guest comic

LouisCipher

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on February 18, 2012, 08:07:19 AM
Well if we consider anime in its most basic form as just a shorthand for saying animation, then yes, anything cartoony would fall under anime.

Anime is more representative of a style. For examaple: Boondocks.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

I know, hence why I put the qualifier in the first part of the sentence.

EDIT:  http://shoryuken.com/2012/02/17/friday-night-skullgirls-mike-z-double-vs-redner-valentinefilia/

FNF finally up.  One thing that got me, Mike Z in the Double Walkthrough said that the Cerebella butt slam was unsafe on block and that her Parasoul shot was easily ducked by crouchers (her horizontal one at least).  Then I watch as Mike Z proceeds to throw out the butt slam raw and then use the Horizontal Shots in blockstrings.

Also IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SKILL, damn I miss the Street Fighter Alpha 3 announcer.  Love or hate that game, can't deny it was one of the best announcers ever.  TRIUMPH OR DIE!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

Quote from: LouisCipher on February 18, 2012, 08:23:23 AM
Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on February 18, 2012, 08:07:19 AM

Anime is more representative of a style. For examaple: Boondocks.

I was referring to anime in its original use as a French term which it was originally. The Japanese later on "took" it, and applied it to their art, and now we consider it a style because of that...

Quote from: Saitsuofleaves on February 18, 2012, 08:43:35 AM
FNF finally up.

I was thinking Lupe Fiasco's label at first when I read this.. lol

Anyway, yeah I'm digging this game more and more... Sure, it has a Marvel feel to it, but it's not as "retarded" as Marvel is imo... I feel like this game has it's own vibe which sets itself apart from the Marvel games, aside from the art work...

I do wonder what this would look like if Jim Lee did the art work...
I'm on FightCade!!!
www.soundcloud.com/jinxhand
www.youtube.com/jinxhand

Saitsuofleaves

Well it helps that Reverge is actually going out of their way to make sure every character's moves serve a purpose and we don't have shitty ones that do more harm than good ala MvC2 Strider Wall Cling.

Xxenace

apparently this game is supposed to come out on the 4th of april

Saitsuofleaves

In the great words of a mediocre player for a terrible NFL franchise, CAN'T WAIT.

Proto Cloud

About time they announced the date. Need something to wash off the taste of SFxTK.

Saitsuofleaves

Technically, it's still not official.  Reverge hasn't told us the date because they don't know the release date themselves.

Proto Cloud

Dammit! I need something to hold me off until Final Showdown already.

Saitsuofleaves

Quote from: Proto Cloud on March 14, 2012, 06:59:03 AM
Dammit! I need something to hold me off until Final Showdown already.

I said technically, it could very well be official, it might not.  If it's not, I doubt it's going much further away than that.

Here, to sustain you, here's Fri...I mean, Tuesday Night Fights.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/-belated-friday-skullgirls/728035

Proto Cloud

Nah, I'm good on videos. I got about 100 Persona 4 videos on back up. My body is aching...

Saitsuofleaves

But...it's Mike Z beasting with the Deadly Double.

The Head Orbs abuse was nice...confirmed for Clockwork main.