Author Topic: KoF XIII Tournament- So. Cal Alex's Arcade feat. No. 17: March 19th  (Read 9607 times)

b.a.l.a.

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: KoF XIII Tournament- So. Cal Alex's Arcade feat. No. 17: March 19th
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2011, 01:34:27 AM »
congrats to romance.......for placing, and improve each tournament......mr.kof good level man,i think this tournament cali-mexican's played better....reynald...missed too many combos...haha like me...may be joystick may be timing....we'll see u guy's on the next tournament..

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2011, 02:04:16 AM »
Sounds like a good idea maybe next tournament we'll record the top eight and not mention the results and just let people find out as they watch it.

lol you messed up man... shoulda recorded that epic match with me and Kunio. lol

Yeah it was really close between the both of you, until rule # 1 applied (Don't Get Hit!)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
congrats to romance.......for placing, and improve each tournament......mr.kof good level man,i think this tournament cali-mexican's played better....reynald...missed too many combos...haha like me...may be joystick may be timing....we'll see u guy's on the next tournament..

Good shit man, thanks for coming out and putting a great show.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

kofsux

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2011, 05:59:57 PM »
whats up guys!!!i hear this weekend's tourney was awesome...i wasnt able to make it but im glad my crew was well represented.anyways,we were actually thinking of organizing a kof 13 tourney ourselves in japan arcade.but there are two things i would like to menttion before u guys tell me your opinion.the first one is that the game is played on american joysticks...and the second thing is that its the first version of the game(0.0 not 0.1 or what ever the new version is called jajaja).we've been discussing this for while now and i just wanted to know what u guys think.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 07:51:54 PM »
Hi Yoshi you missed out on a great tournament, sounds like a great idea that you guys have however the American sticks will be BIG turnoff for a lot of people, for fun and casual games it's okay but for competitive gameplay it's just not possible a big example is how No.17 performed in Mexico and how he performed here, v1.0 it's also going to be a problem.

I encourage you guys to have a tournament, I know it will help to have a little more tournament experience which is a big factor.

@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 10:02:53 PM »
Hi Yoshi you missed out on a great tournament, sounds like a great idea that you guys have however the American sticks will be BIG turnoff for a lot of people, for fun and casual games it's okay but for competitive gameplay it's just not possible a big example is how No.17 performed in Mexico and how he performed here, v1.0 it's also going to be a problem.

I encourage you guys to have a tournament, I know it will help to have a little more tournament experience which is a big factor.

I agree with 100% of what he said.  I personally won't play on American sticks, at least not seriously.  I have no problem with losing, I do that quite frequently, but it has to be losing to the opponent--and not the joystick.

---
I forgot to point out that Oscar really stepped it up, and replaced a burnt component ($150) on the fly without complaining, all to get the whole event to work out.

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »
We can ask the owner for Japanese joystick, he had already told us that if we wanted to change.. and begin to believe it's not a bad idea to play in them... the only problem its that is the last version... we can ban mature and joe... well thats an idea... want to  have fun and thank you guys.. ; ) we can make a small lunch in the place 4 u... hope u guys think about it.. = )

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 10:18:06 PM »
We can ask the owner for Japanese joystick, he had already told us that if we wanted to change.. and begin to believe it's not a bad idea to play in them... the only problem its that is the last version... we can ban mature and joe... well thats an idea... want to  have fun and thank you guys.. ; ) we can make a small lunch in the place 4 u... hope u guys think about it.. = )

If it's Japanese sticks then you can count me in ;)  The version 1.0 thing is more of an annoyance but I'm sure we can agree on some sort of ban of infinites.  I hope by changing the sticks Pepe and anyone else who prefers American sticks won't get mad.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 10:37:15 PM »
I'd go to play and support your guy's tournament, since you guys have always supported ours, and I'm sure this will give more players a chance from your area to participate
" you fight well in the old style"

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2011, 11:25:12 PM »

Hey I'm going to go to Japan arcade on Thursday or even maybe tomorrow. I have Armando's # so i'll text him when i go.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »
i can maybe go tomorrow but I work the rest of week.. hope to c u soon.! =)

StolenHope

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2011, 12:32:11 AM »
Aww man i would go and play a few games with you guys but i have work, well maybe next time i want to see if my training has paid off!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2011, 03:10:10 AM »
Hey guys John is telling me that the monitor at japan Arcade is really bad that is a standard CRT tv. Is it true?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

ItZ RoMaNc3

• New Challenger
  • Team Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2011, 09:26:50 AM »
yeah its not really good... but if they change the joystick they also gonna change the monitor.. = )

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »

Hey I'm going to go to Japan arcade on Thursday or even maybe tomorrow. I have Armando's # so i'll text him when i go.

Reynald traveling to japan arcade eh? Represent!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF