Author Topic: Evolution 2011 Las Vegas, NV July 29-31  (Read 10240 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
Evolution 2011 Las Vegas, NV July 29-31
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:02:57 PM »
SNK was dead last year, hopefully people will show this year.

Tournies that will be held for sure:
MOTW
KOF2k2um/98um (whichever has more interest or both if they both get nice numbers)
and I'm working on getting XIII right now (if it does happen and turn out is big enough, it could be on the big screen/stream)

All tournaments will be $5 or $10 (they're usually $5 to get more people to enter) to enter, but may not happen if there isn't enough entries. I don't want to hold small pointless tourneys.

I'm working out some stuff with SNK right now to see if we can get some prizes, but I'm not counting on anything. I may be able to provide something (nothing set in stone until I can guarantee it)

Special SNK event MOTW EC v WC which right now is only 2v2, but we'll see about more players when more people show interest. I would also like to do a KOF EvW or NvS, but I don't know who is going to show up just yet, but I know it will be bigger than any other SNK event (other than FHD, cause Karnov WINS!)

Money Matches will happen as always, but I don't know the official rules for MM now at Evo since they always seem to change, so this would be a good thread to post them in :)

More details will be up soon.

*edit date fixed, thanks Kane
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:48:56 PM by Giby »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution 2011 Las Vegas, NV July 29-31
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »
Funny I remember this conversation last year on our way back from EVO, well if there's enough interest in KOF XIII I'll be happy to take my board. :)
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:13:53 PM »
This all stems from the convo you, Noc and I had last year on the way back home. I would like to make XIII the headliner of the tourney. Even if people don;t play it, I know they'll be very interested in it. I'm working on getting a few set ups right now, but the people I'm dealing with are being kind of tight right now. I have someone that says he can provide cabs as long as he makes it with he says is 95%.

Worst case converters will be made, but it will cost a lot to make them.

Do you think you can still get the MX players to show up?

Dark Geese

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »
This all stems from the convo you, Noc and I had last year on the way back home. I would like to make XIII the headliner of the tourney. Even if people don;t play it, I know they'll be very interested in it. I'm working on getting a few set ups right now, but the people I'm dealing with are being kind of tight right now. I have someone that says he can provide cabs as long as he makes it with he says is 95%.

Worst case converters will be made, but it will cost a lot to make them.

Do you think you can still get the MX players to show up?

You may still wanna confirm this with Oscar, because I believe now he is focusing on the tournament in Tijuana and not so much on EVO now so you may wanna check with him to make sure he is still taking his board to EVO because I believe he may not be going to EVO anymore.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »
A little update:

I have ordered an adapter to make my board compatible with PS2 sticks so this should make it easier for people who use different sticks. I have talked to the Cali-Mexicans and most of them have said that they will attend if KOF XIII is in.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 06:36:50 AM »
Things aren't looking as good as they were before with the extra XIII set ups. I'll keep you guys posted :/

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:32:56 PM »
Oh man that suck ;(
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

digimonemporer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 05:57:01 AM »
I will be there and would love to finally try out KOF XIII. Hell, I'd even enter the tournament just for fun (if MK is done and over with of course lol).
GGPO/Supercade - Digimonemporer
PSN - devildigimon

Dark Geese

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 03:42:03 PM »
Bumping this thread because YYSU is looking for it, it is now possible YYSU/El Rosa may be able to make it. Things are not looking good at all for me however, as again complications with Mexico vs. Peru are forcing me to reconsider EVO.

Nevertheless, bottom line is this- this is a springboard for what will be a bigger event at EVO next year.

Macc

• New Challenger
  • Bird is the word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 11:09:33 PM »
If you guys need any extra equipment to use, let me know.  Can't help a ton on the KoFXIII side, but I got some equipment that could help with MotW and the other games.  I am pretty sure a couple of the other Vegas guys like Paine would be willing to help out as well.

Really looking forward to MotW and to get some more time in on KoFXIII.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 06:59:50 PM »
If you guys need any extra equipment to use, let me know.  Can't help a ton on the KoFXIII side, but I got some equipment that could help with MotW and the other games.  I am pretty sure a couple of the other Vegas guys like Paine would be willing to help out as well.

Really looking forward to MotW and to get some more time in on KoFXIII.

Thanks for your support, I look forward to seeing you at EVO.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 08:41:11 PM »
The more equipment the better I say. Also Giby is trying to raise funds for the KOFXIII pot. Check for more details here:

http://www.indiegogo.com/King-of-Fighters-XIII-Evo-Pot

Help support to make this event even better.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Mike

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
so is the KOF XIII tournament going to be streamed?

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 02:58:34 AM »
I'm attending for sure now!!!

Dark Geese

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 03:01:48 AM »
USA vs. Mexico vs. Japan in KOF13!!! Good Luck to everyone good chance I won't make it but I will be there in spirit!!! KOF13 will be bigger next year and I can plan for that!!!