Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1037476 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1350 on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:13 PM »
wow kaorus straight raping motherfuckers with no vaseline.

and that clarck combo uses 6 bars btw.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 02, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »
Can we say that Shen became the new Elizabeth?

Shhh but it's because of this.

EDIT: I'm still behind on my vids, but I do like how Robert handle's Kula's Ray Spin, very helpful in particular since I always get pwned by it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:19:06 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: June 03, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »
I agree, Shen should now rank higher than Elizabeth. Way too many people use him in Japan and the US, I need to start using Liz again not too many people show her love they rather go the easy top tier Shen way.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 03, 2011, 12:57:04 AM »
Shen rank higher than Elizabeth? Now that's funny.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: June 03, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
The only problem I see with Shen is that he gains too much Meter from his Fake Gekiken ( ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;c... ;d). I think he should gain less or nothing and he would do fine. I mean he still will have all he has, heck, most projectile characters don't get any Meter when they throw their fireballs. And I think that is kinda unfair.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 03, 2011, 01:51:34 AM »
nah shens fair, hes what a true top tier should be like, him and kyo for top tiers that are fair in 13.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1356 on: June 03, 2011, 02:40:12 AM »
Speaking on meter gain (This is the last vid from earlier): http://youtu.be/h0EiiBvMHK4#t=3m33

from 3:33 onwards in the video, with the Maxima fight, you can see that every retreating weak attack Maxima does is giving him a nice bit of meter. Is that part of him being able to late cancel a hop back Air Vapor Cannon? Because I'm pretty sure you don't gain that kinda meter from whiffing weak attacks!

And I'm kinda OK with Shen's meter gain on fake punches. It's kinda like an angry spirit charge in a way, so that's fine. Shen doesn't really have many truly safe moves to build meter with, and most projectile characters DO seem to have some safe moves and blockstrings to use to build meter (Joe with Golden Heel, Athena with Phoenix Arrow Sie with command backflip to cancel moves, etc.) in addition to building some when their projectiles hit/are blocked.

Does anyone remember if Goro builds meter off his whiffed Ground pound (the ;c variant)? If not, he should too,  if Shen and Maxima can build meter off their crazy antics. Really, as meter-intensive as this game is, give em all something, (like the old "Extra" mode Gauge charge!), it'll make the fights even more fun to watch, haha.

Being able to build meter IS one of the factors that determines a characters worth in this game. Thus, it could really help characters like Terry, and Goro, to have some solid ways to build meter, or advance safely in blockstrings.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:57:47 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 03, 2011, 03:36:59 AM »
Speaking on meter gain (This is the last vid from earlier): http://youtu.be/h0EiiBvMHK4

from 3:33 onwards in the video, with the Maxima fight, you can see that every retreating weak attack Maxima does is giving him a nice bit of meter. Is that part of him being able to late cancel a hop back Air Vapor Cannon? Because I'm pretty sure you don't gain that kinda meter from whiffing weak attacks!

so i really wasnt seeing things, lol. i was watching the vids on my ps3 earlier and the vid q was pretty bad, i did notice it though. now its crystal clear on the laptob, what a difference the hardware makes, lol.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 03, 2011, 05:08:14 AM »

How about some new French footage.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 03, 2011, 05:13:04 AM »
guys got skillz.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: June 03, 2011, 05:37:19 AM »
I agree, Shen should now rank higher than Elizabeth. Way too many people use him in Japan and the US, I need to start using Liz again not too many people show her love they rather go the easy top tier Shen way.

Can't say I agree. I think Shen is fine.

For one thing, he has an obvious weakness: his defense. Like Takuma, he's meant to be on the offensive pretty much all the time. Compared to Betty, whose weaknesses include . . . what exactly? Her NeoMax isn't that great? She can do offense and defense like it's nothing.

The second thing is that Shen's movelist actually encourages variety. Since most of his moves are unsafe, players have to be careful not to get predictable. And his combos vary greatly depending on stock, drive and position. Elisabeth's combos are much more homogenous. If Shen really wanted to overtake Betty in tiers, his qcf+P move would have to put the opponent in an anywhere juggle state AND be nearly unpunishable.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 03, 2011, 09:16:41 AM »

Great match, Friono Kim was really good.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: June 03, 2011, 11:29:19 AM »

Can't say I agree. I think Shen is fine.

For one thing, he has an obvious weakness: his defense. Like Takuma, he's meant to be on the offensive pretty much all the time. Compared to Betty, whose weaknesses include . . . what exactly? Her NeoMax isn't that great? She can do offense and defense like it's nothing.

The second thing is that Shen's movelist actually encourages variety. Since most of his moves are unsafe, players have to be careful not to get predictable. And his combos vary greatly depending on stock, drive and position. Elisabeth's combos are much more homogenous. If Shen really wanted to overtake Betty in tiers, his qcf+P move would have to put the opponent in an anywhere juggle state AND be nearly unpunishable.

My take is, Shen is still weaker than Liz but you see more Shen's coz he's so fun to play with.  Liz is Liz, some would call her boring but I know that's subjective. 

As for objectively, Shen has more weaknesses and Liz is more balanced in terms of options.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 03, 2011, 12:29:34 PM »
I was not comparing gameplay or weakness between Shen and Liz, but exposure. I mean, I have the feeling that Liz, the third most used character along with K' and Raiden, has been substituted for shen in many teams. Just a thought, nothing more :P

I was expecting more from Friono :P  Aah, that was the cabinet I played a week ago... How I miss it!  :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature