Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027619 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1995 on: September 21, 2011, 08:23:42 PM »
Kyo's win quote:

"Revenge failed, Benimaru. Not even your lightning can extinguish my fire."

What's going on here?

When Beni and Kyo first met, Beni was the known champion, Kyo was the new guy. When they fought, Kyo kicked his butt, and became the number 1.

They're always talking about this mini-rivalry between each other, and this is just another reference to it.

As it says on the SNKWiki:

Benimaru is a young son of a multi-millionaire family. He is a professional fighter and part-time professional modeler who is very confident in his abilities. When Japan held a tournament for their country's representative team in the King of Fighters, Benimaru entered and made it to the finals. Despite his experience, he lost to newcomer Kyo Kusanagi and earned second place. He and Kyo enter the 1994 KoF tournament with the third place contestant, Goro Daimon. Eventually, he befriends his teammates and joins them for the rest of the saga.

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: September 22, 2011, 05:53:56 AM »
Kyo's win quote:

What's going on here?

When Beni and Kyo first met, Beni was the known champion, Kyo was the new guy. When they fought, Kyo kicked his butt, and became the number 1.

They're always talking about this mini-rivalry between each other, and this is just another reference to it.

Benimaru is a young son of a multi-millionaire family. He is a professional fighter and part-time professional modeler who is very confident in his abilities. When Japan held a tournament for their country's representative team in the King of Fighters, Benimaru entered and made it to the finals. Despite his experience, he lost to newcomer Kyo Kusanagi and earned second place. He and Kyo enter the 1994 KoF tournament with the third place contestant, Goro Daimon. Eventually, he befriends his teammates and joins them for the rest of the saga.
I heard rumor about this. It says that in truth Kyo's opponent was not Yagami, but Benimaru. However, Benimaru was not as popular as SNK Hoped him to be, so they created Yagami as Kyo's new opponent. I have know this rumor for a while, I just don't have any reference to know if it is true or not.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: September 23, 2011, 12:59:32 AM »
ok just finished watching the first video of southtown arcade and im still laughing
its good to see so much fun and attentions from players and commentary
epic moments
the clark voice ... im clark and i dont care !
the what a jerk mentioning to kane putting chin 1st
and neogaf ... ok i dont know if juicebox is his cousin ... he could be but no sarcasm on here .... neogaf i cheer for u ! a guy so into the game with that kind of enthusiasm is just my hero keep training man

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: September 23, 2011, 01:12:14 AM »
Kyo's win quote:

What's going on here?

I heard rumor about this. It says that in truth Kyo's opponent was not Yagami, but Benimaru. However, Benimaru was not as popular as SNK Hoped him to be, so they created Yagami as Kyo's new opponent. I have know this rumor for a while, I just don't have any reference to know if it is true or not.

Which will be funny considering that SNK seems to almost always fail with rivals, one case could be Ukyo, or maybe Andy not being as popular as Terry.

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: September 23, 2011, 02:14:28 AM »
ukyo was a failed rival, but genjuro made more than up for it.

geese and terry.

kyo and iori.

ryo and robert.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: September 23, 2011, 05:34:48 AM »
ok just finished watching the first video of southtown arcade and im still laughing
its good to see so much fun and attentions from players and commentary
epic moments
the clark voice ... im clark and i dont care !
the what a jerk mentioning to kane putting chin 1st
and neogaf ... ok i dont know if juicebox is his cousin ... he could be but no sarcasm on here .... neogaf i cheer for u ! a guy so into the game with that kind of enthusiasm is just my hero keep training man

Lol, I wasn't really being a jerk ;)  

I don't know if it's been posted here so I'll do so.

KOFXIII - SOUTHTOWN ARCADE FALL BRAWL RANBATS 2.1 -PART 1
KOFXIII - SOUTHTOWN ARCADE FALL BRAWL RANBATS 2.1 -PART 2
KOFXIII - SOUTHTOWN ARCADE FALL BRAWL RANBATS 2.1 -PART 3

Last weekend was a blast, we broke the STA record and we had 3,000 viewers at one point, with over 24,000 unique views nothing to scoff at for a non-major tourney.  I had old KOF friends texting me coz they saw us on the stream.  Huge success; CMD.Duc and Metaphysics are now famous lol.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:55:36 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: September 23, 2011, 06:23:32 AM »
duc was doing pretty good. the fights between him and meta where fun to watch.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:40 AM »
duc was doing pretty good. the fights between him and meta where fun to watch.

Seriously right?  We all have not gone to the arcade other than Metaphysics going once the Monday before, Duc went two days in a row on Thursday before we took off; I myself haven't played in the arcade since their last Ranbat excluding Evo (which of course we spent the majority of the time playing the console).  All things considered, we didn't do too bad for not playing for two months.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: September 24, 2011, 04:49:03 PM »
i only watched thematches of the last vid, and thought they where nice. ff through the second vid a lil bit but overal duc impressed me the most. ithink hes close to rj and mr kof from you ai guys, he seems the closest. not that you suck, cause you where doing pretty good yourself. where mr kof and rj in the first vid, cause they probably didnt participate. otherwise they probably would have made it to the last vid as well. also what happened to the bitch ass mexican that kept complaining but was actually pretty good. you know, the one who beat rj last time in tourney iirc after complaining like a bihatch?

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: September 24, 2011, 08:06:56 PM »
You were referring to my brother reynald, not rj, who didnt participate in the tourney along with mr kof.

edit: time to sleep
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 10:39:41 PM by 4leaf »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: September 24, 2011, 08:25:58 PM »
You were referring to my reynald, not rj, who didnt participate in the tourney along with mr kof.

To your Reynald eh?

i only watched thematches of the last vid, and thought they where nice. ff through the second vid a lil bit but overal duc impressed me the most. ithink hes close to rj and mr kof from you ai guys, he seems the closest. not that you suck, cause you where doing pretty good yourself.

Outside of Team Chaos and Bala of course, I would say that Duc, in terms of consistency (sorry The Answer), he's third.  The Answer would be 4th in the group but then you get wild cards like metaphysics that flip the numbers around...easily a very underrated player.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 08:28:13 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: September 26, 2011, 04:22:21 AM »
yeah i meant to say reynald, haven't seen that name in some time.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: September 26, 2011, 04:31:29 AM »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: September 26, 2011, 07:43:38 AM »
Holy crap , i practically forgot about DDTC, and now he is back with 6+ minutes of K' combos.

Thanks for the heads up.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: September 26, 2011, 09:32:17 AM »
Wow! It is great to see them back again!