Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1037112 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2115 on: October 13, 2011, 01:56:35 AM »
Glad to see that K' can still do a lot of his midscreen stuff, just not as super damaging. Also, that Maxima is still a beast.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 13, 2011, 11:50:56 AM »
SNKP updated KOF XIII blog. Today they talk about some gameplay changes.

Note: Mai can cancel now Musasabi charge!! Cool! :D At least into her Ukihane, don't know if she can do it into more moves (into her air grab or her DM could be great)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 12:49:57 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #2117 on: October 13, 2011, 12:33:28 PM »
Oh yey! Mature's laugh after her Neomax is back! I'm not sure how EX Death Row is different though. Can't wait for the translation.

Other interesting gameplay changes in the video too (autoguard SAB? o_O), while some are stuff we already know (2 power stock Neomax).

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 13, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »
SNKP updated KOF XIII blog. Today they talk about some gameplay changes.

Note: Mai can cancel now Musasabi charge!! Cool! :D At least into her Ukihane, don't know if she can do it into more moves (into her air grab or her DM could be cool great)

Good stuff, judging by the labeling of the video, we can expect more to come?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 13, 2011, 12:52:24 PM »
Yes, talking about 8 characters in a week, they should be able to cover all characters existing in arcade version in four weeks. :)

Waiting for translation of the blog!
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2120 on: October 13, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
Translation posted in Console thread! ^_^

So they made Mai's crouching C easier to cancel, and made Kachousen faster to attack and recover... maybe she'll be able to land the (  ;dn + ;b , ;dn + ;a (link) ;dn + ;c , Kachousen ) Combo mid screen now?

Very nice that they provided us with a visualization for a changelog! And they're actually showing stuff in practical situations, which gives a great idea of how it'll FEEL in a match, rather than just letting our minds wander with no visual reference... nice work SNKP.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 09:47:49 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 13, 2011, 06:17:56 PM »
mai could link crouching A into crouching C? didn't know that. im liking all the changes made so far for the game, seems this might turn into the most balanced kof so far if they don't go overboard with the dlc charas. i hope they dont and this version comes out in japanese arcades through nesica live.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 13, 2011, 07:11:40 PM »
No one has answered me:

About those Iori videos: is that a remastered version of Arashi no Saxophone 2 in the background?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2123 on: October 13, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »
mai could link crouching A into crouching C? didn't know that. im liking all the changes made so far for the game, seems this might turn into the most balanced kof so far if they don't go overboard with the dlc charas. i hope they dont and this version comes out in japanese arcades through nesica live.

The first time I heard of her ;a -> ;c link was on Robocop 2's posting it on Orochinagi a few weeks back. Her crouch ;b into ;a pushed too far back for the 3-link to be viable in arcade, it seems. But sounds like pushback on crouching ;b has changed on console, so this is a good thing.

As much work as they're putting into this console port, I wouldn't be surprised if the JP audience shows enough interests to get this arcade-ported. SNKP obviously worked up the Nesica experience for 2k2UM and 98UMFE, so should be easy for them...

No one has answered me:

About those Iori videos: is that a remastered version of Arashi no Saxophone 2 in the background?

Well, lets find out! Nothing Official has been said yet, but we can figure it out from comparing:

Arashi No Saxaphone 2 Remixes!
-- Atlus Iori Vid:
-- 2k2 UM OST / AST:
-- 2K2 Original version:
-- KoF 96:

Sounds like a new remix to me!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 14, 2011, 12:34:08 AM »
mai could link crouching A into crouching C? didn't know that.

She had that in the arcade, but it was easier to do on wake up.  It's not a target combo since it's chained.

im liking all the changes made so far for the game, seems this might turn into the most balanced kof so far if they don't go overboard with the dlc charas. i hope they dont and this version comes out in japanese arcades through nesica live.

Holy cow, a POSITIVE comment from musolini. =)

---

EDIT: (thanks for the link The Answer)

Good ole shaky cam style but some good Duo Lon play nonetheless.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:57:56 AM by Kane317 »

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 14, 2011, 02:16:09 AM »
Translation posted in Console thread! ^_^

So they made Mai's crouching C easier to cancel, and made Kachousen faster to attack and recover... maybe she'll be able to land the (  ;dn + ;b , ;dn + ;a (link) ;dn + ;c , Kachousen ) Combo mid screen now?

Very nice that they provided us with a visualization for a changelog! And they're actually showing stuff in practical situations, which gives a great idea of how it'll FEEL in a match, rather than just letting our minds wander with no visual reference... nice work SNKP.

Dunno if that would connect mid-screen (doubt it  :(), but at least there are now enough cancel frames on Mai's c. ;c for a hit confirm. She could already do  ;b, ;a Ryuenbu or Shinobibachi - standard confirm. As long as she's able to do what you say in the corner I'm happy  :)

Also with the addition of the  ;b> ;d target combo for HD startups and improved air game, I think she's going to be really fun to play (which is good, bc it's fun having her on the screen) and it better represents some of the really tricky stuff you could do from the air with her in other KOFs.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 14, 2011, 06:17:49 AM »
well you gotta give props where props is due. personally im happy with the game as everything ive been wanting in kof since 96 is finally in it. they also actually managed to make the game intact with all its main teams and characters in 2d which is actually a huge deal. lets hope the game does well enough for a follow up so w can have even more animations and characters even more fleshed out (and yamazaki). kof xiii is still far from perfect, but so far the console version is shaping up to be best fighter ever made to date.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 14, 2011, 06:30:42 AM »
well you gotta give props where props is due. personally im happy with the game as everything ive been wanting in kof since 96 is finally in it. they also actually managed to make the game intact with all its main teams and characters in 2d which is actually a huge deal. lets hope the game does well enough for a follow up so w can have even more animations and characters even more fleshed out (and yamazaki). kof xiii is still far from perfect, but so far the console version is shaping up to be best fighter ever made to date.

Couldn't agree more. Like everyone else, I pray that they make enough on this so that we get sequels. It's really shaping up to be an awesome game. With the sprites they're currently using, they're almost future proof - or at least I would not get tired of them for many years.

The re-balancing that they're doing is definitely being thought about correctly, most emphasis on balance, at the same time, making lesser used moves in the arcade meaningful (like Benimaru's drill).

Some people might have issue that they're not 720p, but they're good enough for me and hopefully with the right filters applied to them they'll look great on console (every HD vid I see makes it look like eye candy - so hype).

Yamazaki would be great, hoping Eiji and the Orochi team eventually make it in > but will save this for the wish-list thread...

OK, just waiting for more console vids, but don't think there'll be a source for it other than the one's that'll come from the blog.  :(

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:41 AM »
3 more videos from Paris Manga.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2129 on: October 15, 2011, 01:12:00 AM »
So, KoF has been getting some odd videos on IGN today. A couple with Mai fighting braindead looking opponents... but... this one video here is a video of an ONLINE FIGHT?!?

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/14/king-of-fighters-xiii-extended-online-footage

Has the names at top of screen and everything. A Mockup, or actual fighting between 2 distanced locations? I see no articles on the site that explain any of it...