Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1036292 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #3150 on: October 24, 2012, 03:57:40 PM »
A bit of a dream match:

Cafe ID vs Nishinippori Versus Arcade on Climax.  

Cafe ID players (4) on 1P side with 5 lives (each can be die 5 times)
Nishinippori players (20) on 2P side with 1 life

Awesome matches.

- Shoki was the man of the tournament imo, he scored 8 points for Japan all on his own (dat crazy post HD combo reset gamble). He basically beat the entire Korean team twice in a row before being taken out.
- MADKof's performance wasn't very hot, his Duo Lon and Chin weren't very effective against Japan.
- CafeID's manager was really good.
- Haregoro took out both of MADKOF's Duo Lon and King with Joe Hifriggingashi alone... before being reverse OCV'd by Kim T_T.
- Crazy Leona comeback by a Japanese in Part 1.
- Final score was 19-20 iirc in favour of Japan.

Overall, damn good tournament. Both Lacid and MADKof didn't seem nearly as effective as they did at the last US tournament where they crushed everyone very easily.

One thing to keep in mind I think is that the Korean players were sorta cherry picked and had 5 lives each, which gave them leeway in their performance and a lot of time to warm up. The manager for example started very poorly but later took down a lot of players. MADKof was taken out thrice in quick succession, 2 of those times was by Shoki alone. The Japanese players just got one chance.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:02:14 PM by Diavle »

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: October 24, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »
A bit of a dream match:

Awesome matches.

- Shoki was the man of the tournament imo, he scored 8 points for Japan all on his own (dat crazy post HD combo reset gamble). He basically beat the entire Korean team twice in a row before being taken out.
- MADKof's performance wasn't very hot, his Duo Lon and Chin weren't very effective against Japan.
- Haregoro took out both of MADKOF's Duo Lon and King with Joe Hifriggingashi alone... before being reverse OCV'd by Kim T_T.

Overall, damn good tournament. Both Lacid and MADKof didn't seem nearly as effective as they did at the last US tournament where they crushed everyone very easily.

One thing to keep in mind I think is that the Korean players were sorta cherry picked and had 5 lives each, which gave them leeway in their performance and a lot of time to warm up. The manager for example started very poorly but later took down a lot of players. MADKof was taken out thrice in quick succession. The Japanese players just got one chance.

Dito! Awesome meet! ^^

EDIT: Who is Shoki?? Not really heard about him??... Another name for him?!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 04:09:44 PM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

KLSADAKO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
A bit of a dream match:

Awesome matches.

One thing to keep in mind I think is that the Korean players were sorta cherry picked and had 5 lives each, which gave them leeway in their performance and a lot of time to warm up. The manager for example started very poorly but later took down a lot of players. MADKof was taken out thrice in quick succession, 2 of those times was by Shoki alone. The Japanese players just got one chance.

I dun quite agree, i thought Lacid was tops and after the tournament he had a first to 5 with Shoki and won 5-1. I think Lacid is korea's best..

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: October 24, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
Who is Shoki?? Not really heard about him??... Another name for him?!

Not sure if he has another name but he appears often in the Nishinippori Versus Arcade vids.

I dun quite agree, i thought Lacid was tops and after the tournament he had a first to 5 with Shoki and won 5-1. I think Lacid is korea's best..

When it comes to Korea MADKof is definitely the best, he knows Lacid like the back of his hand.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:39:54 PM by Diavle »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: October 24, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »
Shoki is a known old school kof player. He played every KOF way back

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: October 24, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »
Who is Shoki?? Not really heard about him??... Another name for him?!

Not sure if he has another name but he appears often in the Nishinippori Versus Arcade vids.
Shoki is a known old school kof player. He played every KOF way back
Thank you guys

KoF 4 EVA

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: October 25, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »
After an abnormally long period of inactivity for Imbuedgold (abnormal for him, at least), he has uploaded a bunch of videos, including this combo vid:

A few comments on this one:

1. I always knew Kyo had it in him to do a stun combo, but I think this is the first time I've ever seen someone pull one off with him.

2. Is it just me, or are the Japanese players starting to use Benimaru's other DM a lot (his Rolling Thunder DM)? I recall seeing it in action a couple of times in the Korea vs. Japan vids, and it appears here as well.

3. Really digging that Joe combo. First time I've seen someone use his Bakuretsuken like that in an HD combo.

4. It just hit me that Saiki can do kill combos without using 5 bars of meter O_O

5. I had no idea you could follow up Duo Lon's NeoMAX with something else!

6. Vice stun combo really surprised me, as I didn't know she had it in her to do something like that.

7. I think more people should use Kim's dive kick like he did in his combo... looks very cool.

8. Raiden's costume and Andy's costume... Frieza vs. Goku lol

9. Mai's slow projectile is more versatile than I thought...

10. INSANE CHIN COMBO!!! That has to be the most damaging non-overkill combo ever! (Even though he clearly continues the combo long after he's KOed his opponent)

11. "You don't hit the ground until I say so!" lol Ralf's combo

12. You can safe roll after EX Iori's EXDM, right? If so, I don't think you can pull off those last two hits against a skilled player...

13. Mr. Karate's combo was "meh" and cool at the same time. "Meh" because it keeps using his EX dp over and over, and cool because it uses his rarely-used DP super.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: October 25, 2012, 02:44:05 AM »
12. You can safe roll after EX Iori's EXDM, right? If so, I don't think you can pull off those last two hits against a skilled player...

It's hard knock down.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: October 25, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »
...and cool because it uses his rarely-used DP super.
Mainly, because his DP super, is a very good anti air, BUT Karate have versatils and very good "normal" anti-airs, AND, DP DM causes less damage than Ranbu DM for example OR also DP into DC Shippukyaku ("costing 1/2 HD comparable with 1 stock"), which allows you to juggle with another DP/Ko'ou or DM...
Best point imo here, is the stylish way...   : )
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 02:56:12 AM by Ky0 »

KoF 4 EVA

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: October 25, 2012, 11:53:43 PM »
Part 2:

I have stuff to say on this video as well =P

1. Terry combo is Yun vs. Yang (in the costumes). Love it.

2. Their Joe HD combos keep on impressing me. Last time, it was the use of Bakuretsuken in HD. This time, it's Hurricane Upper. Really cool.

3. I've always wondered why people don't follow up Daimon's NeoMAX with a "ground-shaker". After paying a bit more attention, I've concluded that nobody does that because it won't hit.

4. K' combo is a little different from what I've seen from him. I really like it.

5. Second Kyo combo is ballsy. For once, he finishes the combo from a distance.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: October 26, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
Not bad, except for the fact that the vid switches in between high quality and low quality

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: October 27, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »
Not bad, except for the fact that the vid switches in between high quality and low quality

Good vid, despite the quality change. Surprised that I might've been the inspiration for that music.

He put up a part 1 & 2 with more SoR:R music

"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: October 29, 2012, 10:48:22 PM »
Casuals from Peru:

WARNING: Blurry camera happens sometimes

« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:43:13 PM by marchefelix »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3163 on: October 31, 2012, 05:43:10 PM »
Hey everyone, I made a very quick tutorial showing players how to use record mode. I know a lot of players use record mode in their training mode streams, and it was introduced in one of Dandy J's KOFXIII tutorial videos, so I figured to make a 2 minute plus video just showing and focusing on that.

Any thoughts? This is my first KOFXIII tutorial video.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: October 31, 2012, 10:07:51 PM »
i think its a good tutorial. i never knew about the pause / all guard thing either. i wish i could have watched it when i first started playing. ive never really made good use of the record feature.