Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027271 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #870 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:10 PM »
A-cho tourney. Tier fest

a-cho KOF13 1on1大会(2011.2.27)part1

a-cho KOF13 1on1大会(2011.2.27)part2

Some great matches, but someday I'd love to see an A-cho tourney where K', Raiden, Liz, and Kula are restricted from play. I know that's like saying no Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Sakura, etc at a SF tourney, but as good as some of these players are with Mature, Ralf, Ryo, Chin, etc I want to see what these guys can do with the whole roster.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 05, 2011, 03:35:07 AM »
Ergh Terry players, we got it so rough. Still not givin up on him though.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 05, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »
I've always found its best to stick with who you like, not who "wins the most". Tiers can change fast, and sometimes the opinions of Certain top players ends up getting proven wrong real quick, or even after a few years. Whose to say someone doesn't discover something about Terry that makes him win? Or another character? And if not, you have on advantage: less people using him = less people know how to fight against him.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 05, 2011, 07:14:54 PM »
I've always found its best to stick with who you like, not who "wins the most". Tiers can change fast, and sometimes the opinions of Certain top players ends up getting proven wrong real quick, or even after a few years. Whose to say someone doesn't discover something about Terry that makes him win? Or another character? And if not, you have on advantage: less people using him = less people know how to fight against him.

a player thats as simple as terry is easily figured out. hes a beas when you got 4 bars and hd mode. normally terry sucks compared to players like k or kula. fact.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 13, 2011, 08:16:30 AM »

a player thats as simple as terry is easily figured out. hes a beas when you got 4 bars and hd mode. normally terry sucks compared to players like k or kula. fact.

No, opinion my friend. Tiers are always based on opinions and are always based around what the top players prefer to use and what they claim is the top. But take Adon in SSFIV for example and what Justin Wong said about him, then an Adon player knocked him into loser's. Same thing MSS in MvC2, Magneto was considered a bad character for the longest time. And remember what Dark Geese said in his podcast: Everyone in Mexico uses every character. They don't use just the same old characters over and over based on "Who is winning". They make everybody win. So sorry to say buddy, but facts are stacked against you. Who the Chinese and Koreans win with or even Japan is very nice, but try to remember that tiers and opinions on who is best and who "sucks" is all a matter of perspective from the players. You play online enough, you'll begin to see its not so clear cut and dry.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 13, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 13, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SGP4n6gEwc&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01bxlG13nYk&feature=feedu

New a-cho matches

Some nice matches. Sweet Maxcancel of Goro. It was surprising do not see Liz, kyo and iori.
i rarely see any kyo users when ever i watch any matches and when i do they get their shit slapped to fast for me to ever notice

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 13, 2011, 10:09:17 PM »
Man...NEVER try and bait an opponent into a rising tackle without having 50% drive meter...so much punishment

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 14, 2011, 01:52:24 AM »
what situation are you talking about?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 14, 2011, 01:56:45 AM »
*Gasp* An actual Chin player.  Woa.  Unfortunately, I didn't really learn anything new (EDIT2: Nevermind, I learned something really subtle but useful.  He uses d.C (whiff) into df.B as an anti-air.  Normally, I do far C into df.B but sometimes if they opponent is too close to me it'll become close C which doesn't have a very good anti-air hitbox.  Slick, I like the way he thinks: d.C into df.B is safer)

It's curious that there's a bunch of input on the Chin's Japanese BBS (as if there's tons of Chin players) and basically a bunch of harder combos out there yet none have been capture on film yet.  Where do these players practice and why don't they play at a-cho? =(

---
EDIT: I really paid attention to the first few matches and the skill level is relatively high.  I like particularly the first match of King vs Goro how they zone each other and purposely not finish their combos in a block string.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:54:13 AM by Kane317 »

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 14, 2011, 12:58:35 PM »

Well the bait (at least I'm assuming it was a bait cause he did EX burn knuckle from full screen and then went for RT) was around 33:06. Earlier at 27:01 he did something similar but it was more of a defensive maneuver. I know RT is good for halting momentum but I kinda feel like you should be prepared to cancel it if it gets blocked, or hell even if it doesn't get blocked.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 14, 2011, 03:22:39 PM »
*Gasp* An actual Chin player.  Woa.  Unfortunately, I didn't really learn anything new (EDIT2: Nevermind, I learned something really subtle but useful.  He uses d.C (whiff) into df.B as an anti-air.  Normally, I do far C into df.B but sometimes if they opponent is too close to me it'll become close C which doesn't have a very good anti-air hitbox.  Slick, I like the way he thinks: d.C into df.B is safer)

It's curious that there's a bunch of input on the Chin's Japanese BBS (as if there's tons of Chin players) and basically a bunch of harder combos out there yet none have been capture on film yet.  Where do these players practice and why don't they play at a-cho? =(

---
EDIT: I really paid attention to the first few matches and the skill level is relatively high.  I like particularly the first match of King vs Goro how they zone each other and purposely not finish their combos in a block string.

At least you got something out of the vids with Chin. There were maybe 7 Ash's, and I didn't learn/see anything new. Except canceling into Sans-Culotte from HD Mode after only 3 hits. Why would you even do that!? Seems like a huge waste of meter. Anyway, bad play all around from the Ash players. One picked up a combo after a screwed up HD activate but well that's it.

I did like the King play. Ash though was just......*sigh*
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:36:54 PM by Gravelneed »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 14, 2011, 06:28:20 PM »

Well the bait (at least I'm assuming it was a bait cause he did EX burn knuckle from full screen and then went for RT) was around 33:06. Earlier at 27:01 he did something similar but it was more of a defensive maneuver. I know RT is good for halting momentum but I kinda feel like you should be prepared to cancel it if it gets blocked, or hell even if it doesn't get blocked.

I see where you are coming from, but canceling a RT on reaction is really hard I actually think it's not possible. From what I see when the Terry players cancel RT is because they all ready knew they were going to cancel it.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 14, 2011, 08:50:20 PM »

I see where you are coming from, but canceling a RT on reaction is really hard I actually think it's not possible. From what I see when the Terry players cancel RT is because they all ready knew they were going to cancel it.

Yeah that's ridiculous to ask of most players, though I may toy around with always canceling RT in non-combo/anti-air situations. In that sense, I'll always know I'm going to cancel it, it's just too risky to throw out on it's own.