Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027297 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:47 AM »
Nice vids.  Their style of play is definitely different from ours.  Overall I think the Chin in the smoai vids is slightly better but this one is a beast too.

Here's some combo vids:
Mr Kof's Andy combo
Mr Kof does an exhibition of Robert combos

Front page posts have been updated.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:58:54 AM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2010, 02:59:42 PM »
Didn't know about the damage increase for Chin, that's a nice balance then since on the positive side you get power meter and power up but on the negative eat more damage. Sucks that it carries over to the next round though, so forget what I said about chugging it throughout rounds.

From the looks of it Chin's weakness will be distance. The only long distance move of his I remember seeing is his roll forward on the ground into hit thing, which seems to be unsafe on block and succeptable to cr.B.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:07:33 PM by Diavle »

Aion

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2010, 04:15:44 PM »
^ Thanks for the vids.

Still no decent Ash play in sight, they play like his new dash attack move and stationary flames don't exist.

Finally some more Ryo play, his NM is so friggin sweet. Still, the best Ryo thus far is the one from the SNK match vids, he had his drive cancel and ex combos down really well.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:33 PM »
I'll try to get some Ash play more and possibly record some AI matches. Currently the competition there is pretty high, so it's hard to start using characters that aren't your main =(

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »
Didn't know about the damage increase for Chin, that's a nice balance then since on the positive side you get power meter and power up but on the negative eat more damage. Sucks that it carries over to the next round though, so forget what I said about chugging it throughout rounds.

From the looks of it Chin's weakness will be distance. The only long distance move of his I remember seeing is his roll forward on the ground into hit thing, which seems to be unsafe on block and succeptable to cr.B.

His drinking doesn't carry over between rounds.

Indeed his weakness is his general mobility and range-- Chin's one of my main characters as you can probably guess :)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 09:24:24 PM by Kane317 »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »
a lot of new matches here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/smoai
just browse him

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »
Thanks for the vids man, as usual.

Quite a few of the matches are reposts but there is still good stuff to be found. Nice variety of characters. Haven't seen them all yet but...

I've said before and I'll say it again, damn is Kensou EX dash kick fast. Should be great for surprise and corner escapes. In another vid I saw someone do it immediately after a fireball and he actually caught up to his own fireball across the screen (and went straight through his opponent who was right next to him, cornering him). Maybe combo or setup potential there? Kensou is definitely one of the characters I am looking forward to trying the most, looks so sleek and his rekkas remind me of Yang from 3S (though much cooler looking of course).

Looks like Iori's overhead is like Marco's from Garou, meaning you can combo after it. In one match he did overhead, cr.B, cr.A, special in the corner and it comboed for 4 hits.

A really good Duolon can be seen as well. Still no use of his EX normals in sight.

I'll try to get some Ash play more and possibly record some AI matches. Currently the competition there is pretty high, so it's hard to start using characters that aren't your main =(

Thanks, appreciate it.

Try using/experimenting with his moves other than dp and fireball.

Indeed his weakness is his general mobility and range-- Chin's one of my main characters as you can probably guess :)

Heh, sure did.

Heard he sucked in 2k2 but I still used him a lot and he got me tons of wins so I'm definitely looking forward to his new self (haven't played 12). So yeah, I too am taking notes from your and other ppl's play.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 09:33:02 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2010, 12:02:15 AM »
He let him drink 5 times, that's 1.33 damage increase (although the wiki says 1.5 increase), it was Iori's fault.

Ok I it got translated correctly (thanks to PS over at ON) and now I know the correct figures when you drink. Correction about Chin's drinking: Each drink increases your attack by 10% for a total of 50% increase but each drink decreases your defense accordingly: 105->111->117->125->133% more damage taken.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 12:16:06 AM by Kane317 »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:07:27 PM by Kane317 »

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

JeremyH

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:51:37 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 01:04:43 AM »
Think this is new:

EDIT: Nope it's not, I stand corrected.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:00:36 AM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:02:18 AM by Kane317 »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 07:29:23 AM »
Just checked, they are different.  EDIT: The top one is different.  I removed the bottom one now.  EDIT2: Re- labling all the videos, kinda confusing.

From ON:
For those that don't know, the Crazy Encyclopedia is a team of players that got together for about the time when 98' was at it's peak of popularity and since then has really been playing the game earnestly with the intention of... Should we say... "Going beyond the game".
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:01:41 AM by Kane317 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 10:38:38 AM »
Think these are new:

Crazy Encyclopedia team 297

Contains the best Yuri so far I think. He also used the shortcut to get into HD mode with her (using her dp).

Finally some great use of the demon flip as well, looks like its a great drive cancel tool for her. A neat looking combo he did was normals into dp into demon flip punch into dp into demon flip throw. This game's combo system is just such a pleasure to watch.