Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027811 times)

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:24 PM »
wow, best Yuri I've seen so far.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Capt_of_the_ssDD

• New Challenger
  • Look behind you!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Devsites
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2010, 01:18:46 PM »
Betty combo vid from SNKp:
http://youtu.be/Q5Qs-T30Ynk
SPOILER ALERT: RAWGNA and JEEN are brothers. Tell your friends.
http://www.teraissa.deviantart.com

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2010, 06:28:48 PM »
That's very cool that they even came out with that; pulling out all the stops SNK.  I wonder why only SNK Hong Kong did so, are there other official SNK combo vids?

EDIT: Watched more vids on their YouTube channel and there's an interview with the HK XII champion and (watched the first 3mins) he talks about how he's been playing for 16 years, what attracted him at first (thought back in '94 you get more bang for the buck since it was 3 characters lol), the controls of XIII, character selection, balance etc...quite interesting in the end he says he hopes SNK supports more official tournaments to help promote the game (he's surprisingly well spoken as well).
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:01:04 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
he sould be well spoken, hes a chinese from china, where they learn chinese in school. it does make sense you know.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2010, 07:50:30 PM »
he sould be well spoken, hes a chinese from china, where they learn chinese in school. it does make sense you know.

well-spo·ken (wlspkn)
adj.
1. Chosen or expressed with aptness or propriety.
2. Courteous in speech.

Capt_of_the_ssDD

• New Challenger
  • Look behind you!
    • View Profile
    • Mah Devsites
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2010, 08:02:16 PM »

well-spo·ken (wlspkn)
adj.
1. Chosen or expressed with aptness or propriety.
2. Courteous in speech.

Don't feed him.
SPOILER ALERT: RAWGNA and JEEN are brothers. Tell your friends.
http://www.teraissa.deviantart.com

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2010, 08:58:42 PM »

Just coz you speak the language doesn't means you're well spoken.  I'd like to think of it being Hong Kong, not so much China, but that's just nitpicking.  Anyways we're getting off topic.

I think if SNK supported more official tournaments that'll definitely be a push in the right direction, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did, with all these official YouTube matches and now even combo video...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:00:19 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »
That's very cool that they even came out with that; pulling out all the stops SNK.  I wonder why only SNK Hong Kong did so, are there other official SNK combo vids?

EDIT: Watched more vids on their YouTube channel and there's an interview with the HK XII champion and (watched the first 3mins) he talks about how he's been playing for 16 years, what attracted him at first (thought back in '94 you get more bang for the buck since it was 3 characters lol), the controls of XIII, character selection, balance etc...quite interesting in the end he says he hopes SNK supports more official tournaments to help promote the game (he's surprisingly well spoken as well).

Wait, what are you trying to say here? Why is it surprising that a top KOF player is well spoken, are you surprised that he might actually have an education? WOW! I knew you were racist but this is a new low for you.

This is not MARVEL vs Capcom 2 you know =) (Ooooooooohhhh)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:30:32 PM by Kane317 »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2010, 11:32:31 PM »

Wait, what are you trying to say here? Why is it surprising that a top KOF player is well spoken, are you surprised that he might actually have an education? WOW! I knew you were racist but this is a new low for you.

This is not MARVEL vs Capcom 2 you know =) (Ooooooooohhhh)

Funny.  He actually sounded like a spokesperson for SNK HK, like business professional.  Maybe I'm over thinking things.  If I am a racist, I'm allowed to make fun of my own kind hehe :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:43:37 PM by Kane317 »

Chlorophylle

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2010, 02:17:59 AM »
Crazy encyclopedia part 134 :
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11811554

feat Iori DM's bug aaaaand a new bug ( ? ) with Kyo.
Truth is, before the game's release i was thinking ( with humour ) that everything looked TOO good to be true and that SNKP would shit on themselves somewhere. I wasn't disappointed.
You cant do things like that. It's not correct for the gamers. And for you. You're stabbing yourself in the chest. Previous KOF bugs weren't so stupid and obvious and gamebreaking. I know the console release will be patch but STILL...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:41:56 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2010, 04:00:02 AM »
what was the link to the site translator for people without nicovideo accounts? i can't see the last video... thanks

http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html
Tis what I use.

could a mod put this on the first page in the first post. it would be a lot easier if everybody knew where to find this to watch nico vids. thanx.

edit: some bugs are probably only with and against special oufit characters (zoro andy, mr karate), while others are even with normal characters like goro. matures infinite isnt really a bug but it def needs to be changed. same for all the other real bugs.  

EDIT: Link fixed. -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 08:46:11 AM by Kane317 »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2010, 04:46:02 AM »
If i remember correctly i saw Takuma (not Mr.Karate Takuma) using an EX move without meter, so i think/guess it doesn't matter if the character is using an special "outfit".

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2010, 05:02:10 AM »
Yup, seems defense is a huge weakness of Takuma's. Get him blocking and there isn't all that much he can do without super, it looks like. If they abuse the ex bug then they won't have super often either.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2010, 06:34:34 AM »
his firebal that doesnt go forward has autoguard. not sure as ive not played the game myself and cant remember it from any vid. also with 3 bars and full hd he can nm you. and his 1 bar ranbu actually seems like a good get of me move, and good anti air. again, havent played it. just from looking at vids.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2010, 08:53:27 AM »
If they abuse the ex bug then they won't have super often either.

That's an interesting perspective, never thought of it that way.  Compared to Goro, Takuma still benefits from the bug a whole lot more.  Goro seems to have bumped up a slightly coz of the bug but nothing to cry over. (EDIT: I carried the discussion back over here)

Front page has been updated with KCE 302.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 05:35:20 PM by Kane317 »