Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027307 times)

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1426 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »
The Professor from mmcafe has more matches:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14744106 - Nico
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm14744412 - Nico

---
Emperor Paine uploaded a bunch of ReveLAtions matches

Kane: Is that you in part 7? Is so, fucking wow.  :) Too impressive for words. Profanity and smilie faces will have to suffice.

EDIT: Listening to the beginning again, and they do mention your name. It was a bit hard to make out at first.
And yeah Kane, kudos on the Chin stylin'! All that irresponsible drinkin' and team-bustin'... Chin was quite a homewrecker in those matches! :)

Those were played on the aforementioned Hori joystick that kept giving me sticky problems, if it's match I remember, you'll see me throwing out weird stuff and dropping stuff--hate to say it, coz of the button.  =(

I want to make a special shoutout to StolenHope as you can clearly see he's improved a lot since our last AI tourney run-in, keep up the good work Aaron!  I was trying so hard to sneak those drinks in but he kept stopping me. =)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 10:38:54 PM by Kane317 »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 14, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
If there is one character I see a notable lack of, it's Athena. Any good vids featuring her?

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: June 14, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »
The new video SMOAI posted are some of the best, who new not having Raiden would make these matches even more entertaining

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 14, 2011, 11:57:31 PM »
If there is one character I see a notable lack of, it's Athena. Any good vids featuring her?
Here featuring Athena, but low level
King of Fighters XIII Tournament @ ReveLAtions 2011 pt.04

Hey! And finally some Mai winning, not high level, but winning after all :D  Too bad the player missed neomax in HD combo at final match, but still cool to see.
King of Fighters XIII Tournament @ ReveLAtions 2011 pt.11
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:13:10 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1431 on: June 15, 2011, 01:29:27 PM »
Anyone else notice that EmperorPaine's KoFXIII videos went up from 14 yesterday, to 39 now? That's a LOT of match videos!

Enjoyed the Andy DDTC video, too. EX Cho-Reppadan is so strong... And very interesting Andy can link normal Cho-Reppadan into his Neomax without needing to Max cancel!

EDIT: Anyone think we should, as a group, go through all the EmperorPaine videos, and highlight standout performances that can be added to the Character Threads? There's quite a lot of Originality and rare character selection in the vids.

For Example:

Vid 12: Strong Vice and King Play (suspect Bala is playing!) A very nice King Reset strat, plus great Vice Meter-building / space control play.

Video 13: Good Benimaru play, showing some nice combos, plus a solid HD mode guard break combo.

Vid 16: Fantastic Iori pressure here. Quick moving on-the-fly mixups, good use of HD, and using that command normal for all it's worth.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 12:44:01 AM by SAB-CA »

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: June 15, 2011, 03:20:18 PM »
Enjoyed the Andy DDTC video, too. EX Cho-Reppadan is so strong... And very interesting Andy can link normal Cho-Reppadan into his Neomax without needing to Max cancel!
Yeah, but I don't think he was paying enough attention to the damage scaling. Normal Reppadan into NeoMax does 50 points more damage than the DM version, due to damage scaling. So one extra bar for less damage. It IS cool looking, but I wouldn't call it a useful combo.

Also, no fireball DM (qcf,hcb+P) combos? That DM is really easy to link mid-screen AND it's Max Cancelable, so I expected to see it appear at least once in a combo video. I'm beginning to think he should take a bit more time with these videos, rather than rushing to get the next ones out.

I'll post if I find any cool Emperor Paine matches.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 03:24:15 PM by Rex Dart »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1433 on: June 15, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »
Yeah, but I don't think he was paying enough attention to the damage scaling. Normal Reppadan into NeoMax does 50 points more damage than the DM version, due to damage scaling. So one extra bar for less damage. It IS cool looking, but I wouldn't call it a useful combo.

I'm beginning to think he should take a bit more time with these videos, rather than rushing to get the next ones out.

Aye, there are a few "why do that if I can do THIS instead?" moments in these videos, but I have to admit, I kinda like that. Reason being, these seem to focus more on character versatility (A big selling point of this game), rather than practicality. A great way to hype the newcomers who know nothing about the game, but get us constant-watchers talking about "I think I know where to improve on that..."

But I wouldn't mind him refining his combos as time goes on. I didn't know Andy's Fireball DM was Max-cancelable, for example. After he does 1 per character (a daunting task in and of itself), it'd be nice if he did another vid on more advanced combos. He also mentioned he'd look into doing a system mechanics tutorial too, which should be interesting.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:38 AM »
DDTC : Joe Higashi Combo Tutorial

It's Joe's turn in the Don't Drop That Combo series.

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 16, 2011, 06:02:54 AM »
Man, they're releasing these combo tutorials very quickly.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: June 16, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »
i rather learn the combos myself instead of watch people doing them

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 16, 2011, 09:32:28 AM »
i rather learn the combos myself instead of watch people doing them
yeah same here but its good for people who basically want see what a character is capable of

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 16, 2011, 02:46:48 PM »
Can't remember which vid I saw it in (it was one of the recently posted ones) but did you guys see the damage Kensou gets off of jD, sC, ex DP? It looked like something like 35% for something piss easy and 1 power stock.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 16, 2011, 10:17:23 PM »