Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027232 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2010, 03:30:48 AM »
Hey Kane317 something just hit my mind, are you AI guys planning/thinking to direct-feed record the endings of this game ?

I know some forum members translated some endings, or gave summaries about them, and we saw all the endings in Japanese and cam recorded, but not with English texts, direct feed and HQ/HD like your videos.

Anyways just keep up with the good work you people are doing.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2010, 02:37:41 PM »
Hey Kane317 something just hit my mind, are you AI guys planning/thinking to direct-feed record the endings of this game ?

I know some forum members translated some endings, or gave summaries about them, and we saw all the endings in Japanese and cam recorded, but not with English texts, direct feed and HQ/HD like your videos.

Anyways just keep up with the good work you people are doing.

Short answer is most likely not.  Long answer, too much work to bring in the equipment, reset, setup everything, stop a second challenger just so we can try to beat the game.  Anytime we have the machine to ourselves we're prolly doing training mode.  Hell, even HD DF training mode has a higher priority.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2010, 06:53:48 PM »
hd df?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
hd df?

High Definition Direct Feed, my bad.  There's quite a few Direct Feeds floating around the net now (KOF Crazy Encyclopedia, other random Japanese matches) but AI's one is the only HD direct feed if I remember correctly.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 29, 2010, 10:49:19 PM »
i think i saw another one in hd, not sure anymore though.

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 29, 2010, 11:20:24 PM »
BTW, just thought I'd throw this out there since I forgot to a few days ago:

Kane317, when you were announcing the Mr. KOF vs Pepe match and said "He goes for the NeoMax combo!!  OooOooh my goodness, how much did that take!?" it was PERFECT commentating and was AWESOME!!!!  Keep up the good work, man!!

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:02 AM »
No problem then if you are not recording the endings, but keep up with the good work you are doing so far :)

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2010, 05:38:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtC3W1ED9pI K', Kyo, Kula gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMbwQoc8Btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgNx3WQmcg Some Raiden and Mature. An amusing combo with 3 drop kicks in it around 2 minute mark. Also first guard crushes i've seen so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESvkC3Ur6p4 check out the nasty 3 stock HD Kyo combo at around 4:25 doing about 85%.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 06:32:45 AM by Nikolai VolKOF »

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2010, 07:26:51 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgNx3WQmcg Some Raiden and Mature. An amusing combo with 3 drop kicks in it around 2 minute mark. Also first guard crushes i've seen so far.

Hmm how is Raiden using a guard cancel CD while still charging both dropkicks? Maybe just pressing C while holding down D and guarding can trigger it. Also from that vid we can see a fully charged dropkick does ~70% guard damage in one hit. Nice!

Also on that Kyo frame data, why did they make hcb+K so good on block? Usually that's his unsafe hitconfirm only move, but with that kind of disadvantage you may as well just throw it out whenever haha.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:29:56 AM by Remxi »

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2010, 08:47:15 AM »
Anyone who has a grab seems to be able to punish HCB+B.  Raiden is amusing.  Seems the Japanese counter to Raiden drop kick charging is to RUSH THAT SHIT DOWN.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2010, 10:15:18 AM »
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html#http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11931150

Finally some Mai gameplay. The player isn't so good, but at least it could be seen that Mai can perform Ukihane after a light kick and one combo corner.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:18 PM »
Thanks for the vids ppl.

That white pants Kyo is the best Kyo I've see so far I think. Shows Kyo to be an excellent all around character and one of the most dangerous with Hyper Drive, easy hit confirm thanks to df+K and his moves and supers lend themselves great to it. That triple Orochinagi combo is just too sweet looking for words.

He's also the first one to use EX Orochinagi often, seems he uses its speed and priority to land a counter hit and then juggles with Kyo's running grab. Wonder if its possible to land another EX Orochinagi on counter instead or the triple kick into a super? Wouldn't it also be possible to transition into Hyper drive by juggling with dp+BC or rdp+BC?

Looks like Kyo has a Shen color pallette.

K' is still good but not damn good, characters like Kyo, Kula etc can take him on pretty well. Kula especially seems to do well against him (anti-K' indeed, heh). Mai also did well against him, eventhough the guy was clearly new to her and didn't maximize the damage opputunities, unlike the K' user. So yeah, he's very much beatable.

Takuma and Mature are becoming less and less relevant it looks like. If mature isn't landing her infinite then she is, usually, getting her ass handed to her. And overall there has been a pretty big drop in her use, dunno if its because she doesn't seem to be too good outside of the infinite or its looked down upon if you pick her now.

Andy seems to be the clear favourite now from the FF team, a 180 from KOF12. His break move and drive cancels may lead to some really interesting stuff in the corner. One guy had a really neat looking break+drive combo going in the corner but dropped it.

Raiden is still an asshole, but a unique one amongst grapplers I think. For a grappler of his size he is very offense based and thanks to his drop kick makes sure that the opponents rushe that shit down against him as well. Good stuff SNK (just reduce the damn damage). His drop kick looks to have similar guard break strenght to Tizoc's TOP move in MOTW....great.

Still zero Kim love :(
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:24:49 PM by Diavle »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
K' is still good but not damn good, characters like Kyo, Kula etc can take him on pretty well. So yeah, he's very much beatable.

Still zero Kim love :(

These two sentences are so right.
I think K' and Kula are being so used just because they are standard and safe characters (shotos) and probably because people have missed them, but I don't see anything so special with them. Yes, they are fast, but there are other fast characters in the game (Athena, for example. When I see her Technical Ref. vid i thought "oh my, Athena is so deadly now!", but nobody is using her). They take damage and have good combos, ok, but they are not the only ones.... I think in arcades people select safe characters, but I'm sure that other characters forgot by players (like Kim, Leona, Mai, Vice, Joe, Ralf, Terry, Ryo, Athena) are the same good as k' and kula. Is the same thing with Elizabeth and Mature, people select Liz for her DM combo. It's useful, and safe, but besides that move there's anything special with her, and the same for Mature. Besides her infinite, Mature is not a super powerful character. I'm not saying she's bad (she is one of my mains and i love her), I'm saying she is "like the others". I just have seen two characters really a bit overpowered so far, Kyo and Raiden. And I think Iori, Andy and Robert are very good too, but not overpowered. For the rest I think they have the same level, so this why I think the game is well balanced.

Note that there's no Elizabeth at any of these vids.

One month has passed since game's release date. Let's see if arcade players start to use more variety of characters now.

I'm talking in general, it's my opinion about the game based on what I see in vids. I hope nobody misunderstand my words, I don't want to offend K'/Kula players. I'm trying to point out why nobody give a chance to other characters that are good too for sure.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 03:51:27 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2010, 04:28:59 PM »
ive seen 1 pro kim being used by a pro kof player from jpn. and i agree on the kula part, she does seem like the anti k.