Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027456 times)

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »
ive seen 1 pro kim being used by a pro kof player from jpn. and i agree on the kula part, she does seem like the anti k.

So much for fire melting ice -_-
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

Bakuhakubasugasu

• New Challenger
  • Nan da yo?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 31, 2010, 12:09:14 AM »
The nico videos were uploaded by Smoai. A huge update of KOF videos if you don't like watching it from Nico. Some good stuff here and there. Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/user/smoai
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 31, 2010, 12:33:52 PM »
Front page updated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgNx3WQmcg Some Raiden and Mature. An amusing combo with 3 drop kicks in it around 2 minute mark. Also first guard crushes i've seen so far.

Hmm how is Raiden using a guard cancel CD while still charging both dropkicks? Maybe just pressing C while holding down D and guarding can trigger it. Also from that vid we can see a fully charged dropkick does ~70% guard damage in one hit. Nice!

Thanks to Mad Man, he helped me translate this from the BBS:
"The way you'd normally do the GC dropkick is, you let go of D and immediately hit CD. It's as simple as that, but it has to be done very, very quickly.

So one person suggested that, if you're not too good with your fingers, you can just hold on to the C button too. That way you can just let go of CD and immediately press them again, which is easier to remember."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 09:18:47 PM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 01, 2010, 02:03:23 AM »
GREAT... like Raiden needs more buffs... now where everyone gets NOTHING from guard cancel C+Ds... *unless it CHs i guess?* mr. Fat Ass here gets to charge BOTH drop kicks and sit on 1 meter... and RAPE at least 60% on BLOCK...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 01, 2010, 09:45:20 AM »
Hmm that makes me wonder if you can activate HD off a guard cancel CD. How about that roll cancel technique, will it work from guard cancel AB?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:25 AM »
Hmm that makes me wonder if you can activate HD off a guard cancel CD. How about that roll cancel technique, will it work from guard cancel AB?

Tried GCAB right after learning about roll canceling, doesn't work. Don't know about GCCD.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2010, 05:19:34 PM »
Raiden's GCCD -> Drop Kick almost sounds like a glitch. Can any other character follow-up a GCCD?

If it is intentional, and remains in any future versions of the game, it pretty much solidifies Raiden's spot in the god tier.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
Raiden's GCCD -> Drop Kick almost sounds like a glitch. Can any other character follow-up a GCCD?

If it is intentional, and remains in any future versions of the game, it pretty much solidifies Raiden's spot in the god tier.

K' is still more of a pain to deal with.  Raiden can obviously do a lot of damage, but it's still one technique with a couple of starters.  If you know what to look for then you'll be ok.  Throw him a lot, do unblockables, rush him down for the first 12-16 secs then just bait his kicks, eventually they get impatient coz you're ahead in life and they'll release the kicks somehow.  Don't get me wrong, he's still strong, but K', Kyo, Kula are overall more of a pain to play against IMO.

The last big batch of KCE vids supposedly shows a lot of anti-Raiden tricks but I have yet to watch them yet.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:59:49 AM by Kane317 »

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:08 PM »
Hey guys ¿Are you planning to upload more direct feed videos of the last AI tournament?

K' is still more of a pain to deal with.   K', Kyo, Kula are overall more of a pain to play against IMO.

¿Are they so so good? Man, is hard to imagine why they are so Over the Top when we have other characters wich are very solid like Terry, Robert, Andy, Kensou, Athena, Yuri etc.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
Hey guys ¿Are you planning to upload more direct feed videos of the last AI tournament?

I ask the same thing :)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2010, 03:03:06 AM »

I ask the same thing :)

I wish too. If it was up to us it would have been done ages ago. Unfortunately, Scott does it and he's super busy. We're already thinking of plan B and just buying the stuff ourselves.

---
DaKou and Xiao Hai play XIII.  For those who don't know, they are one of the two most famous, if not THE most famous, '98 players in Guang Zhou, China (played in SBO and won many times, forgot which years--even emil would give them a nod as kof players).  Although glancing through the videos it's clear they are new to the game, what's exciting is what this means about the general interest in XIII and more importantly where it is heading.

YouTube - 2010 0826 KOF XIII EXHIBITION China 大口 & 小孩(リトルボーイ) Part1
YouTube - 2010 0826 KOF XIII EXHIBITION China 大口 & 小孩(リトルボーイ) Part2
YouTube - 2010 0826 KOF XIII EXHIBITION China 大口 & 小孩リトルボーイ Part3

EDIT: Per The Answer's request, we thought this was a good 'reference' video: Kof98UM - CCL(Belgium) vs. Xiaohai - ONE HAND -  In a SBO (qualifier?) nonetheless.  
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:40:20 PM by Kane317 »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
Happy to see some more top KOF players around the world playing KOF XIII. (like Oogosho)

and that Xiao Hai one handed vid I've seen it atleast 100 times and it always leaves me speechless I don't even know what to say it's just like..... Oh God... just Jesus seriously.

EDIT: Please note when he scratches his head what hand he used. LMAO
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:49:07 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2010, 11:06:46 PM »

I wish too. If it was up to us it would have been done ages ago. Unfortunately, Scott does it and he's super busy. We're already thinking of plan B and just buying the stuff ourselves.

you should ask for donations if this is the case after all it does benefit the community as a whole I would love to see more vids from A.I. uploaded
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:08:29 AM by Kane317 »
" you fight well in the old style"

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2010, 12:28:47 AM »
haha i love how those players names mean "Big Mouth" (dakou) and "Little Child" (xiao hai) hahahahah random
In it to win it!

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2010, 02:14:40 AM »
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.