Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027277 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1950 on: September 09, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »
wow i remember asking if beni could doacombo like this  in the corner where  he filled his bars during the combo juggling with air raijins. it seems  more than 3 or 4 air raijins can connect and you can make a huge combo out of it, this was something along the lines i was thinking of and seeing it being possible in the game makes me really happy. awesome.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1951 on: September 10, 2011, 10:01:45 AM »
2, no 6 AND A HALF Hours About an hour and a half worth of Console Streaming from UK's Take All Comers event: Day 1:
http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject/b/294655766

More Live Streaming from the event, coming soon!: http://www.twitch.tv/exdragonproject

Notes:

Yes, that build appears to be un-installed, and has the longer loads.
And the first instance I remember seeing of music-skipping between rounds.
But it also seems to have some of that special effect back in the white stage, that changes the darkness on the character shades, as it did in the arcade version. As well as a lot of improved / modified sound effects. This is a weird build!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 12:40:41 PM by SAB-CA »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: September 11, 2011, 06:17:58 PM »

GoldenGlove

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 12, 2011, 08:28:16 AM »
Didn't get a chance to watch the Take all Comers stream, but good stuff to everyone at the Southtown ranbat. Haunts vs. Rogerdodger was definitely the dramatic highlight for me.

And props to SAB-CA, saw you schilling XIII like mad in the chat.

asociale

• Strongest Tiger
  • China, Shenzhen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: September 13, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
ok its not 13 but it s worth a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzJRo2FmoL8

kof-i combo video...
SNK why the hell everytime you do something regarding the "online" experience is pure 屎!?!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1956 on: September 13, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »
KOF XIII 実用コンボ動画集 PART4

A set-ups and combo vid for team Elisabeth, plus their ending... for some reason.

KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 1

KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 2

KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 3

IPW's Ranbat from last Sunday, all 6 hours of it!
Note that Haunts himself says that the one THIS coming Sunday will be their biggest one yet, and he can't leak details yet... So... maybe console version tourney? That'd be fantastic! But we'll have to wait and see.

GoldenGlove: Thanks, btw. I always try to make sure that people in the chats feel that our community chat is worth something! Rather than just being an endless stream of "Bible Black??" and "Is Oni Banned?" type stuff! Real info, and letting people know why we enjoy this game as much as we do!

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: September 13, 2011, 10:25:52 PM »
Thankfully, I set the record straight on Bible Black being a broken character or not.
So hateful.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1958 on: September 13, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
;) Yes, yes you did, Commissioner Gordon! ;)

For something completly different, Here's Gunsmith interviewing Kayane about "A new game she played at TAC!"

If you don't know which game.... you're probably bot paying attention!
Kayane interview at Take All Comers 2011

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 14, 2011, 01:07:12 AM »
KOF XIII 実用コンボ動画集 PART4

A set-ups and combo vid for team Elisabeth, plus their ending... for some reason.

1.KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 1
2.KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 2
3.KOFXIII - STA Ranbat 1.6 - 9-11 - Part 3

IPW's Ranbat from last Sunday, all 6 hours of it!
Note that Haunts himself says that the one THIS coming Sunday will be their biggest one yet, and he can't leak details yet... So... maybe console version tourney? That'd be fantastic! But we'll have to wait and see.

GoldenGlove: Thanks, btw. I always try to make sure that people in the chats feel that our community chat is worth something! Rather than just being an endless stream of "Bible Black??" and "Is Oni Banned?" type stuff! Real info, and letting people know why we enjoy this game as much as we do!

That BBZ is no joke, seems like NorCal has entered into some serious competition territory now; I enjoyed the entire stream as usually especially the special usually-quiet Comission Gordon show afterwards lol!

---

I want to make special mention to the Liz team setup video as they're pretty interesting to watch, definitely caught my eye.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:09:42 AM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1960 on: September 14, 2011, 02:05:28 AM »
Shen + Resets = Scary! I normally just see him go for hard knockdowns, watching him SFIV style run-under was kinda unique.

The double jump loop with Duo was kinda nice too, maybe not entirely useful, but very flashy.

Gunsmith has started to upload HD Direct Capture Exibition matches (With commentary!) from TAC:

Cristina vs Atb_555 Exhibition 01 TAC 2011

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 14, 2011, 03:30:43 AM »
Shen + Resets = Scary! I normally just see him go for hard knockdowns, watching him SFIV Old school KOF style run-under was kinda unique.

Fixed. =)

The double jump loop with Duo was kinda nice too, maybe not entirely useful, but very flashy.

I beg to differ:  The setups actually illustrates something the Japanese have being doing for quite some time that's going to change with the console.  No.17 explained to us back in Evo that (and I'm not 100% sure if I understood him correctly but it sure as hecks looks like it and even mentioned in the video) when Duo Lon gets the opponent in a back-turned situation (e.g. Rekkas x3, qcf B, s.A), as their landing, there's apparently a split second where the opponent is turning back to normal--during this time, all (standing?) attacks are overheads.

The conditions are unclear but you can see it a lot in Liz juggle videos.  Instead of finishing with a DM after the double DPs, she'll dash in s.A and start all over again and you'd think to yourself, "how come the opponent didn't block that?"  All we know is due to the changes in the hitboxs/harder crossups, this "feature" is no longer present in the consoles according to Japanese report.

Gunsmith has started to upload HD Direct Capture Exibition matches (With commentary!) from TAC:

1. Cristina vs Atb_555 Exhibition 01 TAC 2011

I gotta check out these videos, tis a good day when you don't have enough time to watch XIII vids =)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:44:52 AM by Kane317 »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:34 AM »
Shen + Resets = Scary! I normally just see him go for hard knockdowns, watching him SFIV style run-under was kinda unique.

Hmm, like the fact that since Kula's Freeze Execution DM and her Neo-Freeze Execution NM look so similar, it got the commentators to call out the Neomax.  I had to do a double take to make sure they didn't change it to two meters outside of HD mode too.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 14, 2011, 04:55:54 AM »

Hmm, like the fact that since Kula's Freeze Execution DM and her Neo-Freeze Execution NM look so similar, it got the commentators to call out the Neomax.  I had to do a double take to make sure they didn't change it to two meters outside of HD mode too.

Hey welcome to DC Saitsuofleaves!  Make sure you give yourself a proper introduction over at the Meet and Greet section.

I know what you mean, I actually thought it was a NeoMax too and I also had to rewind to see when she went into HD mode coz I know she only had 2 stocks.  Then I realized that it was an Ex DM; partly coz nobody remembers what her DMs/NMs look like but only her Ex Lay Spin (Ex qcb+K) and partly due to my ignorance (maybe more of the latter hehe).

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: September 14, 2011, 05:25:05 AM »

Hey welcome to DC Saitsuofleaves!  Make sure you give yourself a proper introduction over at the Meet and Greet section.

I know what you mean, I actually thought it was a NeoMax too and I also had to rewind to see when she went into HD mode coz I know she only had 2 stocks.  Then I realized that it was an Ex DM; partly coz nobody remembers what her DMs/NMs look like but only her Ex Lay Spin (Ex qcb+K) and partly due to my ignorance (maybe more of the latter hehe).

Yeah, actually that's probably the only time I've seen a Kula actually make use of her DMs (let alone THAT DM in particular) in an actual match.  It's not like she's ever needed it, all her meter went toward EX Lay Spin, but I guess without the invul it had on Arcade, she won't use it as much leaving room for her to actually use her DMs to get by a zoning game rather than just spinning her way through.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.