Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1034813 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #1965 on: September 14, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: September 14, 2011, 03:32:43 PM »
console version op
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1LngKoaLflk/?phd=99

Nice thanks!
Looks very different from this one

maybe one is the intro and the other one a trailer...
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: September 14, 2011, 03:44:29 PM »
Like the opening, but I really the extended one better, no complaining this looks great

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: September 14, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
The extended one says "SP Movie" , which makes me wonder what "SP" stands for, Single Player? SPecial? Special Promotion? Super Promotion?

Who cares, we are getting all the movies and much more in the gallery mode, we can watch them there all we want.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: September 14, 2011, 07:17:24 PM »
I like more the intro except for the lack of elisabeth crying.

That was a beautiful scene

Actually, elisabeth ending must be one of my favorites

Waifu Material

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #1970 on: September 15, 2011, 02:38:24 AM »
I just don't like how the sound (that is taken from sp movie) doesn't match to this one. There is awkward pausu on the screen with Mai. I just feels like RSG's trailer.
That's lame.
They should put sp movie as intro, because it gives a good picture of the game and more epicness.
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #1971 on: September 15, 2011, 03:16:20 AM »
I beg to differ:  The setups actually illustrates something the Japanese have being doing for quite some time that's going to change with the console.  No.17 explained to us back in Evo that (and I'm not 100% sure if I understood him correctly but it sure as hecks looks like it and even mentioned in the video) when Duo Lon gets the opponent in a back-turned situation (e.g. Rekkas x3, qcf B, s.A), as their landing, there's apparently a split second where the opponent is turning back to normal--during this time, all (standing?) attacks are overheads.

The conditions are unclear but you can see it a lot in Liz juggle videos.  Instead of finishing with a DM after the double DPs, she'll dash in s.A and start all over again and you'd think to yourself, "how come the opponent didn't block that?"  All we know is due to the changes in the hitboxs/harder crossups, this "feature" is no longer present in the consoles according to Japanese report.

Is this the same bug? If so, then the way you activate it is slightly different from what you mentioned:
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70165#p70165

I found it on Dune's blog a while back and wrote up a translation. Also found a match video where one of the K' players managed to use it to good effect (posted in the thread).

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: September 15, 2011, 04:25:06 AM »
console version op
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/1LngKoaLflk/?phd=99

Yeah, it's from the TAC stream day 3, I know because they were playing Daft Punk during that moment. Damn you Gunsmith! lol

Anyways, good thing someone rip it off from the stream and put it on the tubes. I was surprised to know the actual intro version is shorter than the one Gunsmith showed Day 2, which was called "Story mode Intro".

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: September 15, 2011, 07:11:27 AM »
I beg to differ:  The setups actually illustrates something the Japanese have being doing for quite some time that's going to change with the console.  No.17 explained to us back in Evo that (and I'm not 100% sure if I understood him correctly but it sure as hecks looks like it and even mentioned in the video) when Duo Lon gets the opponent in a back-turned situation (e.g. Rekkas x3, qcf B, s.A), as their landing, there's apparently a split second where the opponent is turning back to normal--during this time, all (standing?) attacks are overheads.

The conditions are unclear but you can see it a lot in Liz juggle videos.  Instead of finishing with a DM after the double DPs, she'll dash in s.A and start all over again and you'd think to yourself, "how come the opponent didn't block that?"  All we know is due to the changes in the hitboxs/harder crossups, this "feature" is no longer present in the consoles according to Japanese report.

Is this the same bug? If so, then the way you activate it is slightly different from what you mentioned:
http://orochinagi.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70165#p70165

I found it on Dune's blog a while back and wrote up a translation. Also found a match video where one of the K' players managed to use it to good effect (posted in the thread).

It's something like that.  ST, can you help read the annotations on the video and translate what it says.  I know it says something about overhead, and something about crossup.  Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:14:51 AM by Kane317 »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1974 on: September 15, 2011, 03:02:28 PM »

Yet more vids from Gunsmith!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: September 15, 2011, 03:43:05 PM »

1080p version of KOFXIII Console Promotion Video which was uploaded on the Japanese Playstation Store. Looks gorgeous in HD!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1976 on: September 15, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »
More Vids from Gunsmith:

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #1977 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:17 PM »
It's something like that.  ST, can you help read the annotations on the video and translate what it says.  I know it says something about overhead, and something about crossup.  Thanks in advance.

Just the Duolon stuff? The captions are
"The overhead pattern that you want to go for"
"Overhead -> crossup combo that burns gauge"
"Overhead from EX Genmukyaku (f+BD)"

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #1978 on: September 15, 2011, 05:57:41 PM »
And yet more from Gunny? Eesh!

-

-

-

-

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: September 16, 2011, 01:33:17 AM »
Even though the matches aren't exactly the greatest but I respect that (Yuri)Mature (King)player for actually PLAYING Mature and not just throwing despair all over the place.