Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027490 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2100 on: October 09, 2011, 12:57:12 AM »
This is totally over powered, even in tournament. I cannot show any respect to this person who made this team choice. It just not fair to those who choose other "normal" characters.

You have to understand when it is a tournament setting, there is a lot of pressure to win and do well because there are peoples money and reputation on the line. So people will choose characters that have more advantages both option and damage output wise to make sure they win.

The downside is that because of the high frequency those characters are used it is possible that people can adjust to the match up versus those characters and beat them.

People that choose characters that aren't that strong or "normal" usually have to skate up hill because they have to work harder to get by and win. But in turn they can actually bring out hidden potential in the characters they use and make them strong.

So, I have no beef or ill-will towards "tier whoring". I say, do what you gotta do, but be careful because players will ultimately know how to fight the characters you chose and expose their weaknesses.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: October 09, 2011, 04:26:29 AM »
More videos from Paris Manga, problem is the audio gets out of synch:
PRO - 1/4 - Hokuto-Youssef VS Pharaon

In this one you can hear an alternate track for the Women Team:
PRO - Loser Bracket - eLivepro|Piccolo VS Tahar

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 09, 2011, 06:49:56 AM »
I read all your guys' post and took a moment to think about it. I didn't say the tournament should not allow people to choose both K' and Raiden in their team, I just said that I have no respect for those who did so. I fell in love with fighting games was because I realize that in fighting games, there is no level up or equipments or weapons, there are just you, your opponent and your characters. I like to see people fight to win and I respect those who did so because I can see how much time and work they put in to get their victory.

The reason I don't respect those who choose both K' and Raiden is because they violated this. Yes, you guys are right, they need a lot of practice to use K' and Raiden that good. However, I still can't see they put more effort than other players to win. Whenever I saw a team with both K' and Raiden I will just stop the video or skip that game because I already know the winner. I have no respect for those people because the reason they obtain their victory is not because of all their practice, but mostly the over powered characters they chose.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2103 on: October 09, 2011, 07:00:50 AM »
I read all your guys' post and took a moment to think about it.

If you like to make this concern another topic, feel free to make a thread in the training room section, of the Sakazaki Dojo. That way we won't derail this thread. :)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: October 09, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »
I have no respect for those people because the reason they obtain their victory is not because of all their practice, but mostly the over powered characters they chose.

You miss the point, those players aim for the higher win ratio possible, they don't care who they play, they don't see character sprites and names, they just think in terms of hitboxs, damages combos and possibilities.

It's a different way to see the game, they want to win, and if pick this or that character will let them do it easily they will do it.

It's mainly because some characters have too much bad match ups against the tops or juste because on an arcade loose cost you money, so in order to saver money and play more you pick top tiers ands improve your game (Dune by example played over 5000 matchs on kof13, if he lose on average one time for 5 matchs he spend over 1000$ on kof13 on one year).
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2105 on: October 09, 2011, 04:18:30 PM »
Some off-screen Arcade vids from SMOAI:

If I remember right, some great Clark in this first one:
のほほんと野試合 KOF XIII 編 No.08-①.

のほほんと野試合 KOF XIII 編 No.08-②

のほほんと野試合 KOF XIII 編 No.08-③

のほほんと野試合 KOF XIII編 No.08-④

Really should be another thread for discussing people who "abuse" high tier characters... I will say, personally, I find it one of the most boring, sad aspect of high level play, but I know and understand WHY it exist. The level of gameplay normally makes up for it though, and it just fuels my desire to play my personal choice of characters well, and not depend on simply tools, but also what I like and enjoy.

I love the fact that SNKP makes characters whom all feel useable and unique. I rarely feel completly outclassed with ANY character I play, unlike other companies games, where the matchups feel more lopsided, to me. This is one strong reason as to why I enjoy KoF, so "tier whoring" would be totally aganist that...

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 09, 2011, 04:39:11 PM »
I love the fact that SNKP makes characters whom all feel useable and unique. I rarely feel completly outclassed with ANY character I play, unlike other companies games, where the matchups feel more lopsided, to me. This is one strong reason as to why I enjoy KoF, so "tier whoring" would be totally aganist that...

Absolutely!  This is one of KOF's many strong points.  I play (or rather used to play) Mortal Kombat 9 and that game is very much matchup dependant... in fact it's probably the most matchup dependant fighters I've ever played.  There's nothing more heartbreaking than putting a couple months into a character only to realize he/she is severely countered by another... in my case I had to drop 3 of my mains because they weren't viable against the high tier in MK9.  I know when I play KOF I'll never have to drop a character and they'll always be able to put up a fight against anyone.  :)

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 09, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »
I read all your guys' post and took a moment to think about it.

If you like to make this concern another topic, feel free to make a thread in the training room section, of the Sakazaki Dojo. That way we won't derail this thread. :)
I don't think this is something worth open a topic for. I guess you are right, I went too far. I am terribly sorry about that.
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 10, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
sf has way more character specific match ups than mk, same goes for other 2d fighters. i doubt mk9 is as character specific with it's match ups compared to the sf2 or 4 series.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 10, 2011, 04:51:36 PM »
Well I can't answer about SF2 since I was like 9 when it was on SNES, nor can I answer about SF4 because I only played it for a few months before getting too frustrated with one frame links on my laggy monitor... but MK9 has a lot of really lopsided matchups.  I'm talking 8-2, 7-3 matchups (Sheeva vs Lao, Cyber VS Tsung, Cyber VS Kabal to name a few).  It's in a better place than it used to be with recent patching, but it's still a very matchup dependant fighter.  Like I said, I had 3 mains I had to dump just because of it... that would never happen in KOF thank goodness.

Anyway we're kind of derailing this thread!  So here's another video!

KoF13 Console (360) - Frionel vs Piccolo - Finale 5/5

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 10, 2011, 05:59:09 PM »
He he, XI Fatal Fury's theme, NICE!!!!!

More videos from Paris, full of awesomeness (meaning....lot of Takuma):

BEGINNER - Loser Final - Marvin VS Katend

BEGINNER - Winner Final - Marvin VS Brownsky

BEGINNER - Grand Final - Marvin VS Brownsky

Dandy J

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 11, 2011, 03:21:20 AM »
sf has way more character specific match ups than mk, same goes for other 2d fighters. i doubt mk9 is as character specific with it's match ups compared to the sf2 or 4 series.
true but some specific stuff is pretty extreme - http://www.twitch.tv/devastationevent/b/296936668
skip to 1:31:30

also you can play whoever you want just dont think you have the right to complain when players win with the strongest characters. you picked from the same select screen everyone else does

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:27 PM »
true but some specific stuff is pretty extreme - http://www.twitch.tv/devastationevent/b/296936668
skip to 1:31:30

also you can play whoever you want just dont think you have the right to complain when players win with the strongest characters. you picked from the same select screen everyone else does

True but there comes a point where imbalance can be so grossly apparent that the fun is sucked out of the game.  Take Kabal for example, MK9's reigning king.  His projectiles are unstuffable (they come out on frame 1), hugely spammable as you see in the video, and he has some of the best pressure, mixups and frametraps in the game up close.  The master of everything if you will.  Kabal completely negates so many characters in MK9 that they might as well rename the game in his honour.  Before him it was Kung Lao.  And then there's Cyrax, where one net can lead to 100% unblockable resets despite numerous failed efforts to patch him.

Trust me, if there's one thing I know it's MK9.  To deny it being a heavily matchup based game is like denying the sky is blue or that water is wet lol.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 11, 2011, 04:04:42 PM »
ZOMFG - just took a look at the vid after 1:31:30

Yeah good points are made here. After seeing Kabal just DESTRUCTING Sonya (and others), I think the 'perceived' lowest tier KOF characters have a much better chance of OCV'ing a K'/Raiden/Shen team than making Kabal break a sweat. \(O.o)/