Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread  (Read 1027832 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Video Thread
« Reply #2160 on: October 18, 2011, 12:42:18 AM »
Finally got around to watching that latest Paris Manga Frionel match...god damn Duo.

That might push me towards him in my team.

In my biased opinion, a competent Duo Lon is easily the most entertaining character to watch in XIII.
It is a beauty to behold, that's for sure, though I might put Iori and MAYBE Kyo above that, but yeah, a good Duo can work a match like no other and when he's on point, he has the theme to back his grace and power.  Matter of fact, Kane, can you teach me how to Duo lol?

Duo Lol, I like that.  Not to get too OT check out the Duo Lon thread.  Last week I also completed writing his first draft of his wiki, please check it out and feel free to ask question in his thread.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: October 18, 2011, 02:12:28 AM »
Those matches are damn sexy. I'm still worried about HD mode though and the damage it does. What was up with Duo Lon doing his projectile and it flies behind him away from the opponent? I assume Duo can control his projectile for mind game purposes.

Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2162 on: October 18, 2011, 02:34:27 AM »
What was up with Duo Lon doing his projectile and it flies behind him away from the opponent? I assume Duo can control his projectile for mind game purposes.

Naa, remember the phantom-crossups in the arcade game, where characters would suddenly appear on the other side during jump ins? Appears to be something like that. Duo is trying to do is rekkas, but because the rekka moves him forward, the opponent is considered on the other side of him. Thus, rather than repeating the rekka, the motion is read as his fireball.

I don't know if you'd consider that a problem... or if it just means "don't use rekkas to AA  close jumps" warning.

Not worried about HD mode myself. It's not too much different than arcade levels of damage (many specials / EXs have been nerfed, the way it sounds), and if you have all those meters saved, you probably deserve the ability to make up all the lost damage from not using DMs / EXs for that long!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: October 18, 2011, 02:49:17 AM »
Those matches are damn sexy. I'm still worried about HD mode though and the damage it does. What was up with Duo Lon doing his projectile and it flies behind him away from the opponent? I assume Duo can control his projectile for mind game purposes.

Nah, the HD mode is fine.  Using it can be a bit of a risk because that's drive meter you could've spent for more meaningful Super and Drive cancels, and most HD combos require a decent amount of meter which you could've spent for Guard Rolls/Guard CDs/EX Moves/DMs/EX DMs and really good HD combos aren't the easiest in the bunch.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: October 18, 2011, 02:53:36 AM »
Those matches are damn sexy. I'm still worried about HD mode though and the damage it does.

Dune has an interesting perspective on how he feels the reduced requirements to do NM will really affect gameplay, basically it's not going to be as bad as you think.  

---

Loved seeing Chin take down Shen and Raiden, great comeback.

Yeah I was taking down some notes myself, good stuff!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:20:08 AM by Kane317 »

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: October 19, 2011, 02:32:46 AM »
After IGN, now we get new Gamespot coverage.
Be warned, the level of gameplay of these videos...well, it kinda sucks, but it is nice to see more coverage of the game.
On the plus side, on the second video we can see Saiki's victory pose and speech, and Billy's alt theme (wich is Geese's theme).
The King of Fighters XIII: Andy, Ryo, King vs. Elisabeth, Kim, Kyo (PS3, Xbox 360)

The King of Fighters XIII Mai, Andy, Terry vs. Billy, Saiki, Terry (PS3, Xbox 360)

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: October 19, 2011, 03:22:24 AM »
Level of skill may not be high, but at least it looks fun. I also like how the videos showed off three key things:

- One of the resident "shoto" characters
- The ability to roll through projectiles
- Bouncy

For an exposure video, I'd say it's not bad.

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: October 19, 2011, 03:45:33 AM »
i like how they edited out the loading time.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: October 19, 2011, 05:20:25 AM »
Oh wow! They brought back the stadium replay! I mean you can  now see the fight on the screen! I hope they do the same on the USA Stage!

theodora

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: October 19, 2011, 06:29:14 AM »
Hopefully these lovely video can make some good marketing.
I really hope KOF can go back to the era of 98...That was the most brilliant time of KOF...
The truth is a lie
The justice is an illusion
Do not accept the world as it is

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: October 19, 2011, 09:11:17 AM »
Geese's theme... I prefer the AOF2 version.
I really hope KOF can go back to the era of 98...That was the most brilliant time of KOF...
Maybe, but I want tag feature back.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #2171 on: October 19, 2011, 02:13:19 PM »
Continuation to the conslusion 2011 series, this time, Ikari and Fatal Fury teams!

KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その322 Conclusion2011 vol.3(Ikari&Fata)

As, err, ok as Tag was in XI, I can't imagine a Tag KoF ever being a truly wonderful KOF... a GOOD one, yeah, but a standout? It just doesn't seem to work that way! ;)

Every lazy, or "flat" element that tag brought to XI, makes XIII all the greater for me, as it corrected a lot of those movement, sound, and pacing issues.

Tag should definitely at least be an optional feature in the Ash Saga dream match, however. It was a big part of this saga, so it does deserve to be represented.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:30:20 PM by SAB-CA »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:04 PM »
motherfuck tagging and all tag ellements EXCEPT tagging when stunned so opponent gets hit by your team mate. let kof stay kof, 3 vs 3 no tag no bs. a new franchise or continuation of kizuna or ngbc would be more in place than tagkoffing.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: October 19, 2011, 09:37:51 PM »

As, err, ok as Tag was in XI, I can't imagine a Tag KoF ever being a truly wonderful KOF... a GOOD one, yeah, but a standout? It just doesn't seem to work that way! ;)

Every lazy, or "flat" element that tag brought to XI, makes XIII all the greater for me, as it corrected a lot of those movement, sound, and pacing issues.

Tag should definitely at least be an optional feature in the Ash Saga dream match, however. It was a big part of this saga, so it does deserve to be represented.
Hey, I thought KOF XI was pretty great. I definitely agree on its graphical "flat"-ness, though. But that doesn't mean you couldn't make a KOF game with excellent movement, sound, pacing AND tagging.

I'd also love to see tag return at some point. If it did, I'd prefer to have your teammates standing in the background (a la KOF94-98) rather than simply off-screen. Graphically, I want tagging to look similar to plane-shifting from Fatal Fury, or how classic KOFs had your teammates coming in to save you when stunned. I think this could keep the characters "weighted" and prevent them from looking as "flat" as in XI. (At least, if I understood what you meant by flat.)

Also, I don't think including tagging as an optional feature is a good idea. It would be much more likely to be buggy and unbalanced. Besides, it's much easier to turn a tagging game into a 3v3 format, rather than take a 3v3 game and tack-on tagging. /OT

Continuation to the conslusion 2011 series, this time, Ikari and Fatal Fury teams!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz62shfWe-g#
I love this series. Haregoro proves again that Joe is a killing machine. Leona shows off a Takuma-specific 100%. Ralf's HD corner juggle was also really good. I hardly see Ralf use HD, but it seemed really practical. Just qcb+A / AC and qcf+P (A? C?) a lot.